Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: NECA POTA Taylor

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Is it possible to easily remove the head and attach it to a MEGO body?
    Been thinking on this and I have plan. I'm going to use my electric Exacto knife, to cut the head off "at the neck" at the proper height(will use a Mego for reference). Then I'm going use a NEW Mego body because it has a pin instead of a plug. Then I'll just Dremel a hole in the neck at the right size diameter.

^^ There's a much easier way. The Neca heads connect to a neck post via a two-ended ball post just like their Classic POTA line and many 1/6 figures. You can easily pop Neca heads off after 30 seconds in hot water and the post usually stays in the head (but could also remain in the neck). If you carefully drill a hole in the top of the new Mego body neck post, you can just pop the head on for a pretty clean crossover.

Conversely you could pull the connector from the head, and fill the void with some Apoxie Sculpt to create a simple receiver for the neck post.

… I've been meaning to post this info for t-bolt, and totally forgot. Silly me!
    Last edited by Confessional; Apr 28, '19 at 5:38 PM. Reason: … 2 for 1 NecaXMego!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    ^^ There's a much easier way. The Neca heads connect to a neck post via a two-ended ball post just like their Classic POTA line and many 1/6 figures. You can easily pop Neca heads off after 30 seconds in hot water and the post usually stays in the head (but could also remain in the neck). If you carefully drill a hole in the top of the new Mego body neck post, you can just pop the head on for a pretty clean crossover.

Conversely you could pull the connector from the head, and fill the void with some Apoxie Sculpt to create a simple receiver for the neck post.

… I've been meaning to post this info for t-bolt, and totally forgot. Silly me!
    Cool Man, thanks. I'm going to have to make the swap, because I can't live with him on that crappy body. Taylor deserves a Mego body!