• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judson's
    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
    Judson's:

That outfit looks pretty good...
    Thanks! I just need to work out the belt - maybe put in a horizontal seam across the waist above the one already there to make it look like a belt. Then add the insignia, flag, and vertical zipper-looking patches for the pants pockets and the cigar pocket on his chest. Side note: Do they still let astronauts smoke on their spaceships these days? Seem inadvisable

I don't have a Taylor figure yet, but judging by the pictures I think I'd need to take the pants up and tuck them into the boot? I'd need to see it. Or is the NECA head easily transferable to a (in this case Type S) body?

Comment

• nobody
      banjo!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Boots are molded. No tuck.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

That flightsuit is going to be just right. Nice work!

Originally posted by Judson's
        I've begun experimenting on a blue jumpsuit from the SuperStore that I bleached for about 20 minutes and turned around (so it zips up the back). I also added a snap to the back of the collar so it fits tight around the neck and diagonal seam across the front to suggest a zipper. I haven't figured out the belt yet - probably another seam, but it came out a nice bright white. The thread is still blue as you can see on the neck. I may lightly paint over that.

"When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Received my Taylor today, and even though I knew the suit wasn't going to be top-notch in appearance, seeing it up close & in person, it's worse than I expected... It's just weird that they would do a decent sculpt and all, and use that fabric on the suit, which makes the rest of the figure not look as good as it should...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Maybe someone here can make a batch of flightsuits?
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MysteryWho
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 16, 2008

I'm still getting the figure, the head is perfect. But I hope somebody steps in and makes some clothes.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Is it possible to easily remove the head and attach it to a MEGO body?

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by phil
                  It's very unlikely it would work out very well... The NECA Taylor head is attached to the neck-In short, the head is on the top of the neck and is able to move around (up/down & side to side), but the base of the neck is solid and does not move... The only way it'd might work would be if you'd have a Mego neck with the head taken off, leaving only the base of the neck, then you'd have to force the base of the neck into the NECA Taylor head, which I don't think would work out well, if at all...

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the information apes3978.

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the information apes3978.
                      Glad to help...

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Been thinking on this and I have plan. I'm going to use my electric Exacto knife, to cut the head off "at the neck" at the proper height(will use a Mego for reference). Then I'm going use a NEW Mego body because it has a pin instead of a plug. Then I'll just Dremel a hole in the neck at the right size diameter.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ There's a much easier way. The Neca heads connect to a neck post via a two-ended ball post just like their Classic POTA line and many 1/6 figures. You can easily pop Neca heads off after 30 seconds in hot water and the post usually stays in the head (but could also remain in the neck). If you carefully drill a hole in the top of the new Mego body neck post, you can just pop the head on for a pretty clean crossover.

Conversely you could pull the connector from the head, and fill the void with some Apoxie Sculpt to create a simple receiver for the neck post.

… I've been meaning to post this info for t-bolt, and totally forgot. Silly me!
                          Last edited by Confessional; Apr 28, '19, 5:38 PM. Reason: … 2 for 1 NecaXMego!

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Confessional
                            ^^ There's a much easier way. The Neca heads connect to a neck post via a two-ended ball post just like their Classic POTA line and many 1/6 figures. You can easily pop Neca heads off after 30 seconds in hot water and the post usually stays in the head (but could also remain in the neck). If you carefully drill a hole in the top of the new Mego body neck post, you can just pop the head on for a pretty clean crossover.

Conversely you could pull the connector from the head, and fill the void with some Apoxie Sculpt to create a simple receiver for the neck post.

… I've been meaning to post this info for t-bolt, and totally forgot. Silly me!
                            Cool Man, thanks. I'm going to have to make the swap, because I can't live with him on that crappy body. Taylor deserves a Mego body!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎