Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I wouldn't mind owning it either (or any of the Cipsa APES stuff actually)...

Originally posted by cjefferys
    Nice Cipsa throne, I still need that piece.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Of the three, I'd say Sarge is the one that looks most like the actor who played him...

Originally posted by starsky
      i think jon could have been better. he doesn't really look like larry wilcox.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

In honour of it being Breakaway day, our Vintage Mego of the Day is Commander Koenig.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

One of my favorite Mego sculpts.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Vintage Mego of the Day: Planet of the Apes Astronaut in his Japanese (Bullmark) box. This thing is HUGE!

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

I'm starting to get the feeling you really like this packaging.

One of the things I like about these boxes is that they are the only Mego POTA items to feature the "World's Greatest Superheroes" logo on the packaging (you can kind of make it out on the upper left side of the box in the pic above). I have no idea why Bullmark decided to do that, but it's pretty cool that they did.

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

So many great little oddities in the Bullmark packaging; it's also evident that box design was the inspiration for the rear window of the Nissan Cube.

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

That BULLMARK "Astronaut" is very cool... I never realized their packaging was that much bigger than the MEGO boxes...

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Sep 5, 2014

Bullmark Apes packaging is pure greatness. I noticed something odd on closer inspection, though. The text that wraps around at the top-left says "A planet 230 light years from Earth", which makes no sense in light of the film's plot. Maybe they were thinking of the original book's plot instead? But if so, why?

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      I'm starting to get the feeling you really like this packaging.
                      I'm smitten.

Always on the "must get" list but holding one was a kick starter for me. Thanks a lot Chris!

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Vintage Mego of the Day: The Waltons Truck!

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Vintage Mego of the Day: The Waltons Truck!
                          The line got two playsets and a vehicle. Were the Waltons a big seller? I know the show was very popular but it doesn't exactly lend itself to fun play adventures.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I always took it as Mego wanting to get into the girl's market, and using the 8" bucks to make it less expensive for them.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              I always took it as Mego wanting to get into the girl's market, and using the 8" bucks to make it less expensive for them.

Chris
                              That crossed my mind too. But it's not fun and colorful like Wizard of Oz and where the Walton's had an old pickup truck and General store, Barbie had Corvette and a Dreamhouse. Mego obviously put a lot of work and thought into line. But it still strikes me as a bit of a misfire because it not exactly fun to play.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
                                channeling Bob Wills
                                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                                Don't know if it was exactly the 'girls' market or the doll collectors. I kind of figured that was the target for Waltons, Oz, and Rascals.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎