• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rob_moz
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 7, 2011

Pose-ability....Does it Matter To You?

Hi All,

As a lot of you already know, I'm only into custom Mego's ( here is a link to my thread http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Hi-my-name-is ).

I really love the Pose-ability and look of the customs I collect.

I was wondering if Pose-ability was as high on others list as part of the action figure as it is on mine? or is just having a character more important?

In other words, I wouldn't sacrifice Pose-ability just to have a character in my collection.

If you look at my pictures I'm sure you can tell that I don't use doll stands or tape to hold their poses. It can take some time to get your figure in the right pose.

Examples

Thanks Rob
    Last edited by rob_moz; Jul 24, '14, 8:22 AM.
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I love pose-ability in figures. Problem is that I rarely take advantage of it and my figures end up just standing there.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• VinMan
      Career Member Mego Maniac
      • Sep 6, 2012

Poseability is big for me!! Love and need it.... Your pics are dynamic Rob! Great shots

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

After I experienced Megos with swivel arms, I find the lack of articulation in classic Megos very frustrating. I'm a little surprised new lines like Batman 66 didn't all go with that as the default. Sure, a lot of my figures now only sit in my display case, but they should be able to hold interesting poses: Superman with his hands on his hips, apes able to hold their rifles properly, etc. Type S isn't perfect, but it has pretty great poseability.

Comment

• rob_moz
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 7, 2011

Originally posted by VinMan
          Poseability is big for me!! Love and need it.... Your pics are dynamic Rob! Great shots
          Thanks Vin!!! You are the Bestest ever!!!

Well I just notice a lot of peoples photo's with the figures standing straight up and down and to me Mego type figures are some of the best pose-able action figures out there! I know Marvel legends and DCU have a ton of pose-ability but seeing all the joint's is just a deal breaker for me and I don't know if I want my figures toes to be pose-able anyway!

That's way I love seeing guys like Vinny really pushing the pose-ability of his figures in his post!
          Last edited by rob_moz; Jul 24, '14, 8:21 AM.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

It definitely matters to me, but periodically I might make a figure and sacrifice posing options over design details. The Mummy and the Winged Devilman come to mind, wanting them to look a certain way meant movement would be limited.

In the case of displaying toy collections, I think you see numerous pics of the figures *just standing there* due to space limitations. I reached the point that many Apes and Monsters needed to be posed in a simple manner just so I could have them on display together and enjoy them. This is also one of the reason I love Paul's stands… otherwise, when one Ape falls, many Apes fall.

Given the option, I'd like to pose them all up!
            Last edited by Confessional; Jul 24, '14, 8:39 AM. Reason: … Mego domino-effect sucky!

Comment

• rob_moz
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 7, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
              It definitely matters to me, but periodically I might make a figure and sacrifice posing options over design details. The Mummy and the Winged Devilman come to mind, wanting them to look a certain way meant movement would be limited.

In the case of displaying toy collections, I think you see numerous pics of the figures *just standing there* due to space limitations. I reached the point that many Apes and Monsters needed to be posed in a simple manner just so I could have them on display together and enjoy them. Given the option, I'd like to pose them all up!
              Really good points made!!!

I'm not really talking about collection pics, I do understand that space has to play a large part in the way anybody would display their collection. I was just curious if pose-ability mattered.

I've seen some AWESOME figs created and they stand them straight up and down, again just me being curious
              Last edited by rob_moz; Jul 24, '14, 9:21 AM.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

I try to get the best looking, most posable figure I can afford and what I can afford varies with the character.
                Last edited by madmarva; Jul 24, '14, 7:46 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

The craft for me has always played to a nostalgic flavor both in what I had as a child or wish they had made. That being said, my ultimate goal is to collect based on those ideas as well as licenses that are timeless for me. So at the end of the day I want at least what a Mego could do. They should stand, hold a basic pose, and look visually appealing. Most importantly I want a package I can reseal because they all go back eventually. So if I had to choose for more posability over a package that reseals, I would go with the packaging first.

Comment

• piecemaker
                    There's no need to fear..
                    • Jan 26, 2009

I think Mego-bility is fine for some figures but for some I like a little added pose-ability.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Pose-ability....Does it Matter To You?
                      \

Yes, big time. Why I was kinda bummed at the Muscle Zica body but they made up for it with the new Type-S.

But still like my hybrid kitbash body.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^ I feel this way, too. I liked CAW & Type S is great. I don't need much more than that or it doesn't feel Megoesque.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• plaztekman
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 27, 2008

I can't resist a good looking figure, but pose-ability is also important.

For instance, the new 6" bodies can barely stand up straight, much less strike a pose. I miss the days when you could scoop up Lion Rocks everywhere for dirt cheap. They were great for posing.
                          Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                            The craft for me has always played to a nostalgic flavor both in what I had as a child or wish they had made. That being said, my ultimate goal is to collect based on those ideas as well as licenses that are timeless for me. So at the end of the day I want at least what a Mego could do. They should stand, hold a basic pose, and look visually appealing. Most importantly I want a package I can reseal because they all go back eventually. So if I had to choose for more posability over a package that reseals, I would go with the packaging first.
                            ^^^ I agree with Tom & Boss! Its great to have super-articulation on Mego-Like figures but that is only useful if you are going to be "playing" with your figures... If you are just going to be "displaying" them its useless. I mean, you can always display super articulated figures in a super cool pose but... Isn't that what statues also do? Mego original poseability is fine with me...^^^

Comment

• rob_moz
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 7, 2011

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                              ^^^ I agree with Tom & Boss! Its great to have super-articulation on Mego-Like figures but that is only useful if you are going to be "playing" with your figures... If you are just going to be "displaying" them its useless. I mean, you can always display super articulated figures in a super cool pose but... Isn't that what statues also do? Mego original poseability is fine with me...^^^
                              You don't "play" with your figure's?

I am always handling them, changing poses and scene's. OK i'm not taking them outside in the dirt or giving them to my kids but as far "playing with them" in a adult type of way...All the time! Probably 2 or 3 times a week.

Having these figures has inspired me to try and make different scene's and tap the artist in me that I didn't know was there. COUNTLESS hours of enjoyment for me and the minute I lose that...count me out!

I don't collect statues for that reason. Are there some beautiful statues out there that are mind blowingly awesome, Yes. Would I buy them , No.

I look at the figures I buy as pose-able art and the articulation pushes the art over the top for me.
                              Last edited by rob_moz; Jul 25, '14, 7:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎