Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw a first pic of the captain america set from SDCC!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I've got no problem with the way these are packaged. Pretty much took a page out of the Mego playbook with Steve Rogers. I mean how cool is it that he's like a continuation of the AEs?

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
      DSTZach,

Will there be a Hulk set? How would a Bruce Banner alter ego work since he would use a regular Mego 8" body and Mego Hulk had unique bulky body? Then there would be an UPDATED Hulk!

I want Iron Man and Green Goblin sets soon after Thor and Wolverine sets, too!
      I would love to see a banner, hulk, and a correct scale hulk or maybe a Lou F hulk.
      A lizard seems to be perfect for this set as well, with doc connors, original lizard and updated lizard

Johnny storm, human torch and updated torch, reed, mego reed and maybe a stretch version reed. Sue, a normal sure and a clear sue. Ben, the thing and an updated thing.

the ideas are endless as many figures will go well with these 3 packs.
      I'm just wondering if we will see any new figures before they do all the normal/original mego figures

also most all the original marvel megos line up nice with this concept
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Not to be a downer, because I LOVE these sets...but what do we do about the red pins for the hands? Both Spiderman and Captain America have red gloves.
        sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
          Not to be a downer, because I LOVE these sets...but what do we do about the red pins for the hands? Both Spiderman and Captain America have red gloves.
          I think they should include properly colored wrists and pegs for all the replacement hands (like the Type-S body does). For $80, they should be able to afford it.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• DSTZach
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 1, 2012

Not sure what DST/EMCE's plans are for the Hulk.

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

So when can we order Cap'n A?
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• DSTZach
                Museum Super Collector
                • Mar 1, 2012

In a few weeks!

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by DSTZach
                  In a few weeks!
                  amoktime has Cap up for pre-order already

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                    I think they should include properly colored wrists and pegs for all the replacement hands (like the Type-S body does). For $80, they should be able to afford it.
                    Agreed.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                      I would love to see a banner, hulk, and a correct scale hulk or maybe a Lou F hulk.
                      A lizard seems to be perfect for this set as well, with doc connors, original lizard and updated lizard

Johnny storm, human torch and updated torch, reed, mego reed and maybe a stretch version reed. Sue, a normal sure and a clear sue. Ben, the thing and an updated thing.

the ideas are endless as many figures will go well with these 3 packs.
                      I'm just wondering if we will see any new figures before they do all the normal/original mego figures

also most all the original marvel megos line up nice with this concept
                      Considering how the first sets are going Silver Age, I would expect the EMCE Hulk to be the same.

I'd love Silver Age FF, but I think we have a better shot for a Nick Fury, Strange or DD, after Thor, Iron Man and Hulk.

Edit: And Wolverine.

I Don't expect villains. When you look at the agreement the way it's been explained, they have clearly defined parameters. Goblin and Doom may be stretching it.

...and an awesome, super-easy one? Namor. Standard trunks namor. Manta Ray black 70's suit and then Gene Colon/Tales to Astonish Crown/Trident/Robe

Last edited by hedrap; Aug 4, '14, 9:56 PM.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by The Bat
                        DSTZach said in another thread that the red pins would be included, they just didn't have any to include with the protos.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• DSTZach
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Mar 1, 2012

I did? I was going to defer to EMCE for that, as I am not sure. If I spoke with confidence elsewhere, I think it was because I assumed a different method of swapping. Having seen packaging mock-ups, I don't know if that represents the actual format, or just what was available at the time. I could very well be wrong.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

I think Doc said it on Facebook. They will have red wrist pins.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

From what has been said about the very limited license here, all the figures have to follow the formula we see in these two sets. Iron Man would fit well, as might the Goblin, but I can't see how they can do something like Hulk or Thing. There's no way to make one body with three heads and costumes for those two in this way; human Banner and Ben would have to have normal bodies as opposed to the larger bodies needed to do their heroic forms. It's a shame, as Ben is my favorite Marvel, and the Hulk is close behind him on the list, but they don't fit the very tight mold here. Now, the Lizard might get by; he'd need a special arm that you can pull off for his human form to be accurate, but the body could be green with the scaly legs and arms simply covered up by a shirt, pants and lab coat. You'd just need to be able to replace the remaining lizard hand with a human one. Tricky, but the price point is high, so hopefully possible within the budget.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

Maybe it was Doc. One of you did.
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢