Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw a first pic of the captain america set from SDCC!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSupergirl
    • Jul 21, 2014

Originally posted by The Bat
    Gotta use the Doc Mego "buff body" with the big shoulders...can't have a skinny Cap. Plus, the swivel-arm bicep gives him the ability to pose with his shield.

Where is that body located? I've tired to find it so I can have them ready for my Cap set. Which body should I get for the Spider-Man set?

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

My Cap is going on the awesome and superior Zica-away Type S body...no strings and fully posable

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
        • Jul 21, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
        My Cap is going on the awesome and superior Zica-away Type S body...no strings and fully posable
        I've heard people mention the Type S body. Can you tell me more about them and how much they are?

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

Go here http://8inchsuperstore.com/ should be on home page and they run $10 each.

I recently used one in my Danny Ketch Ghost Rider custom and I am hooked on them. I recently bought three more for other customs I have in the pipeline.
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MegoSupergirl
            Where is that body located? I've tired to find it so I can have them ready for my Cap set. Which body should I get for the Spider-Man set?
            It's right on Doc Mego site under bodies. To me it's better than the Type S...because of the big shoulders and swivel bicep's. Captain America HAS TO have big arms!

Here's the like: http://drmego.fatcow.com/store/page10.html
            sigpic

Comment

• Grimjohn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
              Captain America HAS TO have big arms!
              Agreed, I too will be using Doc's buff body to display the updated Cap outfit. Steve Rogers will be displayed on a Type 'S' though...unless Doc gets his bandless bodies out before the Cap sets ship and then I will be using that for Steve.
              My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

I'm a little surprised that Steve Rogers doesn't have a Tommy gun or a .45.
                Scott

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Last night I ordered 2 Captain America sets! I see on DST site it is listed for March 2015 release! 6 months wait will be worth it! I hope 3rd set is shown at NYCC next month!

Comment

• DSTZach
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Mar 1, 2012

Possibly earlier, but we'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Well---that settles it, I vote EMCE a win over FTC...

....as within only TWO upcoming release pics they've highly stoked my attention with new alter-egos and VERY Megoey modernesque variations alongside fine replicaesque pieces (whereas FTC has released quite a bit of sizzle along with their admittedly passable steak in their DC stable). No jumpstarting the line with Jarvis figures here in EMCE-land as far as I can see.

Seriously though, EMCE & Doc, great work done within a lot of apparent limitations handed down from "corporate".
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                        Well---that settles it, I vote EMCE a win over FTC...

....as within only TWO upcoming release pics they've highly stoked my attention with new alter-egos and VERY Megoey modernesque variations alongside fine replicaesque pieces (whereas FTC has released quite a bit of sizzle along with their admittedly passable steak in their DC stable). No jumpstarting the line with Jarvis figures here in EMCE-land as far as I can see.

Seriously though, EMCE & Doc, great work done within a lot of apparent limitations handed down from "corporate".
                        EMCE will definitely be better just because their bodies will be much better than FTC....plus,it's MARVEL

The New Classic Cap looks amazing...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

EMCE will definitely be better just because their bodies will be much better than FTC....plus,it's MARVEL

The New Classic Cap looks amazing...
                          tell that to my 4 or 5 EMCE Trek figures with cracked open chests.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Vinny0026
                            Year Five!!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

been away for a bit - is there any updates to when these will be coming out?
                            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              tell that to my 4 or 5 EMCE Trek figures with cracked open chests.
                              It's matter of time before the FTC Bodies start doing the same thing, but it doesn't matter to me,mine are going on S Type bodies .......

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

It's matter of time before the FTC Bodies start doing the same thing, but it doesn't matter to me,mine are going on S Type bodies .......
                                they won't do that because they are one piece construction.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎