Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I dearly love the original megoes, and I get why people want exact duplicates or nearly exact duplicates. But what I want now is 8 inch figures that use all the knowledge and technology developed since the 70s to provide the best quality figures possible for as reasonable price as possible. Original mego is the baseline for me. If companies can't do better now, they shouldn't try.

I wish I liked the characters NECA has done up to this point. I'm not a slasher film fan, but I did buy a Jason and Freddy just to see what the figures are like. I love the detail. The material used is better than most 8" figures. Honestly, I'd like to have removable shoes and boots (mainly for customizing) but at least the figures footwear look like actual shoe unlike mego whose fooTwear looks like the general idea of shoes or Mattel's boot which were bulky.

I'd rather have removable heads at first thought, too. But the way NECA's 8" heads look and work, I don't want to pull them off anyway. It's a better figure.

I'm looking forward to Rocky and POTA Taylor because I like those films and honestly if I had my druthers, NECA would being doing a line of Marvel and DC figures because it's figures look better than the rest.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

What made SDCC for me:

Sideshow 1/6 Marvel figures announcement!
      Sideshow RENEWS DC license announcement!
      Mezco 1/12 CLOTH costumed DC (DKR shown!), 1989 Batman movie, Universal Monsters, Mortal Komabt X, Judge Dredd figures announcement!
      Hot Toys 1/6 and 1/4 Star Wars license announcement!
      DST/EMCE Mego 8" Captain America SET shown!
      Gentle Giant JUMBO 12" GI Joe ARAH figures announcement!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎