Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Plaz, It's the light blue button down long sleeve shirt (no pockets). Same one one Riderfan used on his.

apes3978, Great news! I just placed the order with CTVT that is going to finish these first six and the red shirt, black pants version of Lone Ranger.

Grimjohn, I like makin' custom heads and piece, but this is the real customizing to me. The fact that all these pieces and so many more are available on line for purchase, is so much fun. Some assembly required.

Since were doing the old west here, everyone feel free to use my ebay username, "doc1eye".

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

This an interesting thread, cause i'm a big Lone Ranger fan. It's fun putting the pieces together to customize the Lone Ranger,Tonto and other cowboys. I customized a Lone Ranger and Tonto awhile back using Brian Leitner's custom outfits...He's a cool dude. See pics below.........

Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 26, '14, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• plaztekman
        Career Member
        • Apr 27, 2008

^Those look great, Ivaniski
        Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

OMG! Those guys totally ROCK! BL's outfits are fantastic. I know, he has supplied me with some amazing commission work. Thanks Ivaniski!

Comment

• Grimjohn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
            Grimjohn, I like makin' custom heads and piece, but this is the real customizing to me. The fact that all these pieces and so many more are available on line for purchase, is so much fun. Some assembly required.
            Lol, I hear ya, I have a notebook, nearly filled, with notes on characters that I want to bring into the Mego-verse and when I see a shirt or pair of pants or some obscure accessory that turns on my idea light bulb I jot it down in the entry for the character(s) that I think that piece would be perfect for. Not to mention the excitement of receiving that final piece in the mail and being able to complete the figure.
            My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Hello fellow Mego People,

I'm 'Riderfan', the guy being mentioned here. Initially I was going to post my figures on this thread, to inspire ideas, but I didn't want to hijack it. That's why I started my own thread on the Finished forum.

In my initial post I mentioned something about what I found when searching the Museum, and how that inspired me. I feel compelled to give credit where its due. I found it again & here's the link (you have to scroll down to the end)

This helped too

Not to toot my own horn, but other than these guys being easy to make (all parts bought online, as you mention Dr Cyclops) I could totally see myself walking into a store in ~'76 & wanting these guys. And I assure you I wouldn't have cared less that Dawson's shotgun was a pirate blunderbuss, or that the 'fierce Apache' Red Sleeves was sporting a bow & quiver from a Medieval English archer.

There's many ways to build the Lone Ranger-have at 'er people! And have fun! I enjoy seeing other people's versions.

K
              Last edited by Riderfan; Jul 31, '14, 9:30 PM. Reason: typo
              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Please attach your custom Lone Ranger custom figures here. I don't believe that a person can "hijack" my thread, by staying on subject.
                Off subject, is different. Even then, I try to be understanding. You never know where the next great idea is going to come from.

Good news everybody! Recieved my latest CTVT order yesterday. Yes I'm aware that yesterday was Sunday. Don't ask me how it didn't arrive Friday or Saturday. USPS packages are delivered to the Apt. office and the office contacts the residents. I check with the office, both days. Yet, all my wife has to do is walk into the office Sunday, and low and behold there it is, stashed in a corner.

Both versions of Lone Ranger came out as I had planned.
                Tonto look better with the white feather with black tip. Still need to attack 'waterskin' to belt.
                County Sheriff now sports dark brown western boot to better match his coat.
                Morrow head from Space 1999, did not work for me as a Butch Cavendish, due to it's small size. So I went with the Blackbeard head for 'Butch'. Because of this change, I'm one bad guy short of my original goal.

I'll try to get pics up asap, but my computer giving me problems.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 12, 2014

Cant wait to see them dr.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Here's Butch Cavendish and Lt.Blue Lone Ranger.

Butch Cavendish: All CTVT's parts and pieces. Grey shirt, is from an attempt to dye some clothes black.
                    Lone Ranger: Original Mego CHPs boots, the rest is CTVT's parts and pieces.

Comment

• plaztekman
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 27, 2008

Those look great! The LR turned out perfect.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

They look great,Pretty close to what I envision mego would have done.
                        Also looks like you got the last black holsters from the ctvt site...lol
                        Looks like I'll have to make my own.
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• plaztekman
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 27, 2008

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                          They look great,Pretty close to what I envision mego would have done.
                          Also looks like you got the last black holsters from the ctvt site...lol
                          Looks like I'll have to make my own.

Looks like 8inch Super Store is out of the black holsters too. Is everybody making a LR?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Here's Gunslinger and Red and Black Lone Ranger.

Gunslinger, is all CTVT parts and pieces on a Trek body. Vest from Greg Brady.
                            Red and Black Lone Ranger, is all CTVT parts and pieces.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

Update:
                              County Sheriff, now has dark brown boots to better match his coat.
                              Tonto, now has a water-skin and black tip white feather.
                              Last edited by dr_cyclops; Aug 11, '14, 3:33 PM.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 28, 2006

Great looking figures once again,proof positive ctvt could continue their line of western characters with a wave two.
                                Thanks for sharing some awesome figures!!!
                                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎