• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Lone Ranger/Classic Mego Style

Here is Tonto and County Sheriff.
    Tonto:CTVT Cochise with Cody buckskin shirt, pistol and holster, Crockett pants.
    County Sheriff: CTVT Buffalo Bill Cody with Richie shirt, Wyatt Earp gun pouch and pistols, Little John pants, and EMCE Build your own Zombie brown coat.
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Those look great, Dr. Cyclops!

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

nice! can't wait to see the man!
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• RobTMego
        Career Member
        • Mar 15, 2013

Great job, look awesome!!

Comment

• plaztekman
          Career Member
          • Apr 27, 2008

Excellent!
          Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• Grimjohn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 28, 2011

Awesome! I have the exact same Tonto "recipe" written on my "to-do" list, now I know it will turn out cool
            My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Thanks everyone. I've been looking forward to this project for about a year now.

Grimjohn, For Tonto, I chose Cody's buckskin shirt over Crockett's, because Crockett's sleeve are long enough to cover the figures hands. I also like the lighter brown. I still want to switch out the blue feather for the white with black tip. I also think the 'brown wine jug' would make a great water skin.

Lone Ranger is going to be the most involved of the bunch. While Ralph's light blue pants w/ black belt work great, the light blue long sleeve shirt is not the V-neck style I'm looking for. Now I'm second guessing myself. Should go with the red shirt and black pants version?
              What am I saying? Of course, now I gotta make both. Oh no, wave two? Six characters? Who would the other five be?
              Please answer on the Custom Mego Discussions Board, thread: "Lone Ranger and Tonto: CTVT order".

I knew this was going to happen! I told everyone here how I got bitten by the 'Custom version of the Mego bug'. To date, nobody has offered a 12 step program. This is not my fault. Thanks everyone!

Comment

• plaztekman
                Career Member
                • Apr 27, 2008

Originally posted by dr_cyclops

I knew this was going to happen! I told everyone here how I got bitten by the 'Custom version of the Mego bug'. To date, nobody has offered a 12 step program. This is not my fault. Thanks everyone!
                Step 1: Log onto CTVT website
                Step 2: Buy everything
                Step 3: Enjoy
                Step 4: Repeat previous steps til you get to 12...then start over.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by plaztekman
                  Step 1: Log onto CTVT website
                  Step 2: Buy everything
                  Step 3: Enjoy
                  Step 4: Repeat previous steps til you get to 12...then start over.
                  Been there, done that, passed on the T-shirt offer. This has to be someone's fault but mine. I'm the victim here. I have the lack of a bank account to prove it.

Comment

• plaztekman
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 27, 2008

Been there, done that, passed on the T-shirt offer. This has to be someone's fault but mine. I'm the victim here. I have the lack of a bank account to prove it.
                    Oh brother! I know the feeling. I keep a "Mego Allowance" on the wall next to my computer. I can't go past a certain amount per month.

Comment

• plaztekman
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 27, 2008

...btw...there are 2 light blue shirts. Which one did you get?

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Good looking customs... It'll be cool to see your Lone Ranger and any others when they're complete..

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by apes3978
                          Good looking customs... It'll be cool to see your Lone Ranger and any others when they're complete..
                          Of the two LR versions (I intend to make), the light blue is going to look exactly like Riderfan's currently up on 'Completed Customs'.

Comment

• Grimjohn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 28, 2011

Grimjohn, For Tonto, I chose Cody's buckskin shirt over Crockett's, because Crockett's sleeve are long enough to cover the figures hands. I also like the lighter brown. I still want to switch out the blue feather for the white with black tip. I also think the 'brown wine jug' would make a great water skin.
                            Sweet, thanks for the tips. Yes, the brown wine jug as a water skin is genius!!!
                            My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• silveralex
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 22, 2012

Can't wait for more!
                              I'm not a westerns guy at all, but had the Gabriel Lone Ranger and would love to create an 8" version .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎