X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Hot Toys announces Star Wars line

I can see this getting very expensive for people.

July 23, 2014: Hong Kong Toymakers, Hot Toys has officially announced that they are not finished with Star Wars and will be producing a 1/6 scale and 1/4 scale series of figures (that will blow our minds!). Stay tuned for more very soon...
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Well, a relatively simple Luke Bespin already cost more than a kidney transplant, so I'm looking forward to seeing the prices for more elaborate figures.
    I'll just let this ship sail by and wave at it..
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

^I'm with you. I'm having a hard enough time just keeping up with some of the Marvel figures.

Now, if they ever get the Universal Monster license, I will sell babies on the black market if I have to!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, I can't see myself jumping on this. I may pick up select favorites, but the price on 1/6 figures lately is nothing short of hilarious.

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

I'll pick and choose. I've passed on some of their stuff before and regretted it, like General Ursus, but some of their choices seem odd. If they make a dead-on ANH Han or ANH Luke, I'll jump on them. For the less important figures, Hot Toys is already working with Sideshow, and how much better can you really make a Stormtrooper look than what they're doing currently? I think a HT Chewie would be impressive, but would probably cost $450.

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

Wake me when they finally do Mego style Star Wars figures

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

I am interested to see what Hot Toys does with HUMAN Star Wars characters, I'd go for ANH Luke, Bespin Han, and Slave Leia with DEAD ON likenesses!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎