Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I normally can't speak for them but I know they really wanted to knock FG out of the park in terms of what can be done.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

Rocket Sled is a must!

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

I don't feel the elbow is a must, but the knee joint definitely is, so they can fit in any vehicles and sit on any thrones.

AND, Aura in the red jumpsuit. I'll make my own playset for that one.

CCC.

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

I actually love that AURA. It reminds me if the 70s 3.75" Buck Rogers Ardella (one of my Childhood FAVS) & 1st version G.I. Joe Zarana (w/out her Sun turned green-blue skin) had a 3.75" baby! Love her. Not sure about the articulation at the elbows & knees either, but in the final production stage I'm hoping the elbows & knee articulation is so tight that it appears less noticeable than it does here on the protos! This is the perfect amount of likeness & costume detail for this RETRO Property - Retro TOY line! Good Job! I don't collect 3.75" at all anymore, & I'm putting myself down as a maybe for these. A LOT depends on knowing BEFORE hand what upcoming figures, vehicles, & Playsets are at least planned a few waves out from the 1st. But again........

*GOOD WORK on the Retro LOOK & FEEL of these retro figures GUYS!!!!

07ee394b-1957-40c1-8449-ff6fff4ef67e.jpg

+

GI-Joe-Zarana-v1.-I-had-this-1.jpg

= BBP AURA! < (LOL!.....it's just the 1st I thought, I don't know why?)
          Last edited by invisiblelad; Feb 13, '15, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

I'm glad to see this promo image is getting such great positive feedback. I had a lot of fun doing consulting work on this line.

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I'm no fan of the movie but that doesn't stop me from liking these. Ming looks particularly good.

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

I absolutely loved this movie as a kid, so this is a dream come true for me.... way more than the 8 inch, this movie hit in the prime 3&3/4 era for me. I can even remember my brother and I lamenting that no figures were made.

Dave

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I guess I'll be the lone critic.

There's a lot I like with these. But honestly, if you knew nothing of who was producing these, you'd swear Flash's face sculpt was a Funko sculpt. That Flash looks like a ReAction figure! I don't get the hate for Funko/praise for these dichotomy. I LOVE the details in the costumes on these sculpts. I love how the feet both point forward, not out at an angle (one of the things I can't stand about Funko's).

The killer for me is the unsightly articulation. Funko gets that right. Knowing what BBP did with Twilight Zone, I had higher hopes for these.

The articulation is not necessary. It kills the vintage vibe. Look how Barin's elbows ruin the sculpt. I was hoping these would stand beside the Mattel animated figures in aesthetic.

I think I have a theory why this articulation was done: the Rocket Cycle. It's a lot like why Kenner's Indiana Jones figures have the whacky leg articulation… so that Indy could ride the Arabian Horse. I didn't like them as a kid, and although I love the vintage Indiana Jones line, I've never really "forgiven" them for the leg articulation.

But articulating legs of an entire line so that a figure can better interact with a vehicle is like the tail wagging the dog. I'd prefer if the Rocket Cycle came with it's own specially articulated Flash.

Having said that, there's a lot about these I like (simply their existence is remarkable!), and I will be buying every part of the line. But I just wish they had kept it to 5 POA. Those who need more articulation are welcome to BBP's 6 inch line.

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

5 PoA would work on the Rocket Cycle. I think there may be other reasons, like maybe Aura's shuttle.

Comment

• LordMudd
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 22, 2011

I just figured out the problem with this picture, and why Barin looks wrong. These are the outfits from the throne room scene where Flash, Dale and Zarkov first arrive, but Flash is not from that scene. He is from later, in the Hawk city. I suppose if BBP doesn't plan to do that Flash, a simple repaint would do.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

The arm articulation looks a bit funny (pin & post would have been better, but less vintage looking), but the knee joints look good to me. They look like the articulation of the ZICA Six Million Dollar Man figures, which I like.
                        Last edited by TRDouble; Feb 14, '15, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

^ Yep, the similarities are there because Zica has a hand in making the product alongside BBP! with consulting work.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

NYTF 2015 pictures of the Flash Gordon line.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Ah man. Another great line up! I'm a big fan of that movie. Can't wait to get these. Geez. I'm wondering what else, I've missed. Lots of discoveries this morning.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/a...re-collection/

Flash Figures are now up for preorder. Flash himself is limited to 4,408 pieces, and the others only 1,448 pieces! Needless to say, ORDERED!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎