X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Shigcon Fever

I was so smitten with the larger Shogun Warriors as a kid, that I completely ignored stuff like the Shigcon tank and jet pictured here. I honestly just learned their names tonight.

These vehicles (like the majority of the Shogun Warriors line) were originally toys from a Japanese TV series, these two were from a series called "
    Daitetsujin 17" which saw VHS release here in the 1980s as "Brain 17".

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

Anything from the Shoguns was always cool. I remember getting the Veritank (I still own this) at an Alexanders dept store in the early 80's. The real fun was listening to friends who insisted what many of these vehicles were from, and in those early elementary school years that was everything from Gamera to Godzilla films to completely made up shows or movies with the two previously mentioned. And you didn't doubt the claims because what did you know back then?
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

the vehicles don't really register on my radar either... given how many robots there are to collect in three different sized formats (and both North American and Japanese releases/variations).

but my main focus as a kid was the Shogun Warriors comics, and how odd it was that they excluded so many if the different robots (and these vehicles). Now I know it's because the robots and vehicles all came from different shows, which likely would need separate licenses. It was neat having the Force Five block of programming kinda sorta tying in.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
        Supporter of Silliness
        • Jun 20, 2007

Got that tank from one of my best friends as a birthday gift when I was about 9 or so. It was awesome. The treads broke from hours and hours of wear and I lost the missiles right away, but it still had a ton of playability. The rear drill retracted into the body and the red button on the front actually tilted the back half of the body down towards the ground, so you could pretend to be drilling right into the ground. This and the die cast Mazinga were my favorite small Shogun warriors. Of course, not much compared to the big ones, but still, all-in-all, a really great toy.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎