X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Pre-ordering from FTC

I've never pre-ordered anything in my life so I'm unfamilar with how this works. I know they don't charge till they ship but do they give you some kind of warning that stuff is about to be delivered or do you just log into your account and it's been paid? Considering how fast some of their stuff recently went, I'd like to make sure I get the figures I want this time around. I'm thinking early bird Supes, FF Shazam/Superman and Bizarro. I think all of those are shipping at different times so I suppose I'd have to place three separate orders to keep it straight, which is fine and understandable. Is that how this thing works?
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Random Axe
    I've never pre-ordered anything in my life so I'm unfamilar with how this works. I know they don't charge till they ship but do they give you some kind of warning that stuff is about to be delivered or do you just log into your account and it's been paid? Considering how fast some of their stuff recently went, I'd like to make sure I get the figures I want this time around. I'm thinking early bird Supes, FF Shazam/Superman and Bizarro. I think all of those are shipping at different times so I suppose I'd have to place three separate orders to keep it straight, which is fine and understandable. Is that how this thing works?
    I've ordered from FTC before, I just pre-ordered the 2 WW figs and the Super early bird. With the past orders from FTC, they emailed me to confirm my order, then when they send the info to the shipper, they send you a 2nd email telling you it's been shipped. They didn't send me a tracking number with the previous orders, which was a bit irritating.

BTW I emailed them a few weeks ago and they confirmed that there will be regular figures coming out for each of the first wave of Fist Fighters. I am hopeful that means Shazam will get his own wave, but we'll at least get a regular Shazam, Aquaman and Green Arrow to go along with the FF versions.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

the only gripe I have about pre-ordering from FTC if you decide you want or have to cancel an order you have to call,have your order number etc.I don't think they give you an email if your stuff is ready to ship,I usually find out stock is in and ready on their FB page.why I like ordering from bigbadtoystore the best.you can change your order anytime through your account and give you notice when your stuff is ready to ship.though I will say the FTC customer service when you call are helpful.

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Scott, I've been waiting to preorder until they announce the figures are about to ship. That may be rolling the dice with quick sellouts, but it's worked so far. It does mean you have to pay attention to Facebook.

FTC has been good about hitting the month that they say their figures are shipping.

Comment

• Vinny0026
          Year Five!!
          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by madmarva
          Scott, I've been waiting to preorder until they announce the figures are about to ship. That may be rolling the dice with quick sellouts, but it's worked so far. It does mean you have to pay attention to Facebook.

FTC has been good about hitting the month that they say their figures are shipping.
          Scott - I do not think you get a heads up when they bill your card.

you get an order confirmation e mail, 2 mins later you will get a pre order/back order e mail.
          Than you will see an e mail saying they shipped (when they bill your card)

So there is no e mail a day or so before they bill you, so you can make sure you have the funds in the account.
          They should do that. Side show tells you 2 days before they bill you to have the money ready before the take the payment for pre-sells

but to my knowledge you wont get anything saying they will bill you.

I have always had 1 moto in buying figures - when in doubt buy
          you can always trade or sell them if you don't like them

but you hate to miss out on a pre sell and get stuck buying e bay prices.

I did this with the avengers HT (hot toys) I paid double for a few of them - finally just got hawkeye cost me f@cking 500.00. was really not happy about it, but he was the last one I needed so I gave in. I have seen him go for as high as 800.00

anyway - reserve what you want - if you change your mind just throw it back (IMO) this goes for any toy not just ctv stuff
          worst case you can bring it back, trade it or sell it. at the very least you should break even.
          "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I'm actually thinking about buying a pre-paid Visa, put 150 dollars or so on it and use that to for the pre-order. I'll stick the card in a drawer and forget about it and then they just charge the gift card not worrying about funds in a checking/savings account. I'll just write down approximate dates, put it in an envelope and leave it alone. Then they can just bill/ship whenever they want stress free on my end.

Comment

• TomStrong
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2011

I'm actually thinking about buying a pre-paid Visa, put 150 dollars or so on it and use that to for the pre-order. I'll stick the card in a drawer and forget about it and then they just charge the gift card not worrying about funds in a checking/savings account. I'll just write down approximate dates, put it in an envelope and leave it alone. Then they can just bill/ship whenever they want stress free on my end.
              That's a good idea!

Comment

• Vinny0026
                Year Five!!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by TomStrong
                That's a good idea!
                agreed

last thing you want is them taking the funds out of your checking and causing bounced checks and fees
                keep on of those cards and just add money to it as you need to.

this way you are stress free about when they take money
                and stress free about ordering the figures
                "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

^that is a good idea, Scott. I may start doing that.

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

I don't get the pre-paid VISA card thing? If you have the money to get a prepaid VISA card, why don't you simply give the money to them instead? Pay for it now if you have the dough now and don't worry about a forgotten debit on your account later.
                    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jan 17, 2011

Also something to remember is that most places charge you when they ship but if you pay through Paypal you get charged right away.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

My peeve about ordering is you are unable to modify, add or delete things from a preorder.
                        For example, i preordered tv batman series two so if I want to add bizarro my options are create a second order and pay shipping again or email them asking to add. I'd rather have the ability to add it myself online.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                          • Feb 27, 2014

If you pay with PayPal they go ahead and take it out now, that way you don't have to worry about getting dinged later.

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

I didn't even think about PP. I guess that would go through immediately. Yeah that might be the better route. Now I just gotta sell some stuff...

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

Browsing through the CTVT site for the millionth time I really need to get creative, innovative or just plain old lucky in regardless to having enough cash as I really want to collect 'em all. I was going to pick and choose but at this point I see myself choosing all of them

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎