Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That is nuts. I do believe I'm out as well.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

But Neca can do 8 inch clothed figures for 27.99
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Somebody's interested in them:

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

I'm not in for Frank Miller's Dark Knight Return figures (specially after rendering Robin as a girl). I'll definitely be in for DC heroes rendered in the Silver Age Classic style... I think they would look nice in that size...

Comment

• melstapler
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 2, 2014

Here we are in 2017 and prices of the Mezco 1:12 Collective figures have nearly doubled from where they were at in 2014. On the upside, there are so many new characters from DC and Marvel which I never dreamed they would make in this format. For example, having Batman and Superman from Dawn Of Justice is simply amazing.

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

I must have missed something. Where did prices double?
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by boss
                I must have missed something. Where did prices double?
                Looking at a lot of these reactions... I feel like I myself missed something.

ovenmitt nailed it.

This is simply "halving it for the Hot Toys audience".

Great business move. They're successfully grabbing those dollars.

Not appealing to me, personally. The only time I pay that kind of money... it ain't for Hot Toys type product and (unless I come into a lot of money and space) it never will be.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

aside from the price, how are the figures themselves? are the joints tight and can hold a pose or are they flimsy?

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 12, 2004

These figures are nothing short of Amazing. I've been buying these at Entertainment Earth for $65.00 each with free shipping. Punisher, red & yellow Daredevil. RSDEAL17 15.00 0FF 79.00

These are so much fun to pose and play with. There are tons of YouTube videos, just search 'MEZCO ONE:12'.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

Some of the Mezco figures look nice, but others look fat and puffy, like movie Batman imo.
                      I don't think the cloth retro works on the thicker bodies as well as the thin ones.
                      I hope they redo Daredevil and Green Arrow on the thinner bodies like Joker or Spiderman .
                      At 80.00 each I won't be buying these but I bet there are collectors spending all their cash on these and have the whole set. These are pretty cool if you have the cash
                      Last edited by wise guy; Feb 26, '17, 1:17 PM.

Comment

• argent007
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 7, 2005

I missed the boat on the Dark Knight Batman... That figure is the most appealing to me of the line so far.
                        My Updated Want List:
                        Comic book original art
                        1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                        Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                          These figures are nothing short of Amazing. I've been buying these at Entertainment Earth for $65.00 each with free shipping. Punisher, red & yellow Daredevil. RSDEAL17 15.00 0FF 79.00

These are so much fun to pose and play with. There are tons of YouTube videos, just search 'MEZCO ONE:12'.
                          Cool!!! thank you for the info and feedback!!!

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by GlobalObserver

OMG... I just googled for images... one figure stands out: Red Skull

I don't think anyone has released that version since the 1970s jigglers!

Seriously, that's pretty incredible... even if it wasn't top-quality (which it appears to be).

EDITED TO ADD: I saw that Jiggler-era "green jumpsuit" Red Skull on Google... all I saw on Entertainment Earth was the black leather trenchcoat version. I'm hoping the green-jumpsuit will be made available?
                            Not that I'd definitely buy it... but, if they put out more Mego-era variants... I could end up biting eventually.
                            Last edited by huedell; Feb 27, '17, 3:39 AM.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by huedell
                              OMG... I just googled for images... one figure stands out: Red Skull

I don't think anyone has released that version since the 1970s jigglers!

Seriously, that's pretty incredible... even if it wasn't top-quality (which it appears to be).
                              Actually, there was a green jumpsuit Famous Covers version from the late 90s/early 00s:

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by warlock664
                                Actually, there was a green jumpsuit Famous Covers version from the late 90s/early 00s:

Cool... now that you mention it, it does ring a bell...I imagine it was in the more final portion of the line because I had about 40 of those things (but there were a few I didn't have).

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎