Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: new Mezco 6" clothed DC figures

Images
    I missed the boat on the Dark Knight Batman... That figure is the most appealing to me of the line so far.
    My Updated Want List:
    Comic book original art
    1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
    Marvel Secret Wars figures (minty loose Falcon, Magneto, Constrictor, Iceman, and Electro)
    Custom Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalObserver View Post
    These figures are nothing short of Amazing. I've been buying these at Entertainment Earth for $65.00 each with free shipping. Punisher, red & yellow Daredevil. RSDEAL17 15.00 0FF 79.00

These are so much fun to pose and play with. There are tons of YouTube videos, just search 'MEZCO ONE:12'.
    Cool!!! thank you for the info and feedback!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalObserver View Post
    These figures are nothing short of Amazing. I've been buying these at Entertainment Earth for $65.00 each with free shipping. Punisher, red & yellow Daredevil. RSDEAL17 15.00 0FF 79.00

These are so much fun to pose and play with. There are tons of YouTube videos, just search 'MEZCO ONE:12'.
    OMG... I just googled for images... one figure stands out: Red Skull

I don't think anyone has released that version since the 1970s jigglers!

Seriously, that's pretty incredible... even if it wasn't top-quality (which it appears to be).

EDITED TO ADD: I saw that Jiggler-era "green jumpsuit" Red Skull on Google... all I saw on Entertainment Earth was the black leather trenchcoat version. I'm hoping the green-jumpsuit will be made available?
    Not that I'd definitely buy it... but, if they put out more Mego-era variants... I could end up biting eventually.
    Last edited by huedell; Feb 27, '17 at 3:39 AM.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Quote Originally Posted by huedell View Post
    OMG... I just googled for images... one figure stands out: Red Skull

I don't think anyone has released that version since the 1970s jigglers!

Seriously, that's pretty incredible... even if it wasn't top-quality (which it appears to be).
    Actually, there was a green jumpsuit Famous Covers version from the late 90s/early 00s:

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock664 View Post
    Actually, there was a green jumpsuit Famous Covers version from the late 90s/early 00s:

Cool... now that you mention it, it does ring a bell...I imagine it was in the more final portion of the line because I had about 40 of those things (but there were a few I didn't have).
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Quote Originally Posted by huedell View Post
    Cool... now that you mention it, it does ring a bell...I imagine it was in the more final portion of the line because I had about 40 of those things (but there were a few I didn't have).
    Yeah, it was one of the last releases IIRC. And it was a Diamond Comics exclusive, not released to Big Box retailers.

I still have my Famous covers collection. I believe I had all of them . They were fun. I remember always buying them at Kaybee toys in the mall. I believe they were $9.99 each. And then Jack's world in Manhattan was closings them out at $5 a piece. Good old days.

Those Marvel Famous Covers figures were nice and had great outfits. In some cases, the bodies were a little too bulky for certain characters. I wish they'd been made in the 1:12 scale like the current DC/Marvel figures being released by Mezco. As for the new Mezco 1:12 Collective Red Skull, I'm very excited to buy it and own what will probably be the definitive version of him in figure form.

Regarding the extraordinary Mezco 1:12 Collective DC and Marvel figures, I'm curious, have any of you experimented with compatibility in terms of switching heads and bodies with other toy lines in this same scale? I would like to try and see if these heads would fit on NECA 6.75 inch bodies and vice versa.

The Mezco 1:12 Collective figure heads from the Marvel and DC lines both mix very well with the Marvel Legends, but after some experimenting, the non-neck heads don't quite fit properly on the NECA head pegs. Perhaps with a little modification, they could fit better.