X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by huedell
    Cool... now that you mention it, it does ring a bell...I imagine it was in the more final portion of the line because I had about 40 of those things (but there were a few I didn't have).
    Yeah, it was one of the last releases IIRC. And it was a Diamond Comics exclusive, not released to Big Box retailers.

Comment

• PeterRR
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jun 2, 2008

I still have my Famous covers collection. I believe I had all of them . They were fun. I remember always buying them at Kaybee toys in the mall. I believe they were $9.99 each. And then Jack's world in Manhattan was closings them out at $5 a piece. Good old days.

Comment

• melstapler
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 2, 2014

Those Marvel Famous Covers figures were nice and had great outfits. In some cases, the bodies were a little too bulky for certain characters. I wish they'd been made in the 1:12 scale like the current DC/Marvel figures being released by Mezco. As for the new Mezco 1:12 Collective Red Skull, I'm very excited to buy it and own what will probably be the definitive version of him in figure form.

Comment

• melstapler
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 2, 2014

Regarding the extraordinary Mezco 1:12 Collective DC and Marvel figures, I'm curious, have any of you experimented with compatibility in terms of switching heads and bodies with other toy lines in this same scale? I would like to try and see if these heads would fit on NECA 6.75 inch bodies and vice versa.

Comment

• melstapler
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 2, 2014

The Mezco 1:12 Collective figure heads from the Marvel and DC lines both mix very well with the Marvel Legends, but after some experimenting, the non-neck heads don't quite fit properly on the NECA head pegs. Perhaps with a little modification, they could fit better.

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

I got my Shazam yesterday. It's a very impressive figure. I hate the scale. Every time I look at it I think "why couldn't you be 8"?"
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• melstapler
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 2, 2014

Definitely. It would've been nice to have some compatibility with the classic Mego and repro figures from our existing collections. However, if Mezco continue to release the characters at this rate, I suspect we'll have an entire universe of these 1:12 figures in 10 years.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

I understand certain scale preferences... but, my thing is, I just don't enjoy the soft goods aesthetic enough to shell out the big bucks for any soft goods figure just about ever... but, I do so much want to own something with that "higher-grade" look that I can justify displaying on my shelves.

Luckily for me, I collect Legends with Bronze Age visages, and these figures although "high-grade" expensive are much smaller in size.... so, I imagine that I could slowly switch out characters to "upgrade" my displays. I'll start with the jumpsuit Red Skull, and if that works... then I'm in!
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PeterRR
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jun 2, 2008

Does anyone have any new coupon codes for entertainment earth the RSDEAL17 that gets $15 off purchases of $80 or more expired? Please post it
                    Thanks

Comment

• melstapler
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Aug 2, 2014

Sadly, the Mezco 1:12 Collective figure heads wouldn't fit on any of the NECA figures I have without significant modification. I do think the flesh-colored molded plastic matches the NECA figures very well.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by PeterRR
                        Does anyone have any new coupon codes for entertainment earth the RSDEAL17 that gets $15 off purchases of $80 or more expired? Please post it
                        Thanks
                        This code is active again.

Comment

• PeterRR
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jun 2, 2008

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                          This code is active again.
                          Thanks I orders a few of the exclusives

Comment

• melstapler
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Aug 2, 2014

The upcoming Deathstroke figures look incredible in the photos. They've shown the standard version and there is also a stealth version as a Previews exclusive.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

Mezco screwed me out of the original exclusive Batman and I haven't ever been able to pull the trigger on any of the others. Some look really good, but I've never totally been satisfied with the looks on some of the others.

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

SDCC preview night: http://blog.mezcotoyz.com/san-diego-...views-night-2/

one:12 - Catwoman
                                one:12 - Batman Beyond
                                one:12 - Thor (Ragnarok)
                                one:12 - Hulk (Ragnarok)
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡