Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What playsets/vehicles would you like to see FTC produce?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    If FTC would do a replica Hall of Justice and Batcave in REPLICA BOXES then I would be all over each for $100. The boxes are key just like the cards are. Having the replica Mego boxes really adds to the desirability of the piece to a lot of Mego collectors. This is one area where I don't think FTC fully understands, unless there are licensing restrictions from using the same design that Mego did that prevent it from happening.
    I'm sure they are not allowed to use all original Mego art. I believe they might have even said so.
    I think you want it close as you can get it - but with their own stamp on it as well.

If they made any playsets - I would only buy them for the kids to play with. I have zero room to keep these MIB.
    I already have the whole basement - and that still is not enough room to display everything. I can't have them over flowing into the star wars room
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I think I can honestly say --- NONE. I'd rather they concentrate on figures.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Toystasher
        • Jul 18, 2014

I keep thinking FTC might produce a Classic TV Batcave/Wayne Manor playset because of the crime fighting accessory pack now for sale. This would outfit the Batcave with all the essential accessories. Maybe the high price tag for this item is meant to draw in revenue to produce the playset. Of course, a 66 Batmobile would complete the set.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

I will honestly be surprised if we ever see the first playset or vehicle. As ScottA said, I want them to focus on figures. Besides you need the figures out before the playsets will sell anyway.

Comment

• Toystasher
            • Jul 18, 2014

You may be right Player. I would still like to see something produced eventually. I realize that not everyone cares for playsets/vehicles, but certainly there must be enough Mego collectors to support at least a few items.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

At 1 point I specifically remember FTC saying in an online interview that they were seriously discussing/considering a repro Mego Hall Oh Justice (HoJ)

Comment

• willykfg
                Museum Patron
                • Apr 24, 2010

That would be AWESOME!! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
                Originally posted by invisiblelad
                At 1 point I specifically remember FTC saying in an online interview that they were seriously discussing/considering a repro Mego Hall Oh Justice (HoJ)

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by willykfg
                  That would be AWESOME!! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
                  Me too! I'm rooting for FTC to repro all the old DC mego figures (WISH they had the Marvel license so badly!). I PRAY that they can start making NEW never before released Mego DC figures that will fit seamlessly w/ original mego & even their own mego-repros. So far FTC I absolutely AMAZING AT their reproductions! I'm getting very worried that what I believed could potentionally be a line of DC remego figures for years to come may end up way more shortlived then I hope! Especially w/ their latest Facebook response about not having anything in place to shrink the head size on their new prototypes! I have NEVER wanted a TOY company in my life to SUCCEED than I do FTC !!!!!!!! Please FTC....listen to critism if it's from passionate people who are pulling for your success!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                    Me too! I'm rooting for FTC to repro all the old DC mego figures (WISH they had the Marvel license so badly!). I PRAY that they can start making NEW never before released Mego DC figures that will fit seamlessly w/ original mego & even their own mego-repros. So far FTC I absolutely AMAZING AT their reproductions! I'm getting very worried that what I believed could potentionally be a line of DC remego figures for years to come may end up way more shortlived then I hope! Especially w/ their latest Facebook response about not having anything in place to shrink the head size on their new prototypes! I have NEVER wanted a TOY company in my life to SUCCEED than I do FTC !!!!!!!! Please FTC....listen to critism if it's from passionate people who are pulling for your success!
                    I think most everyone here wants to see FTC succeed, we just have different ways of showing it. Some people want to constantly focus on the issues they see with the hope it will increase the chances they get corrected. Some people want to constantly focus on the positives they see with the hope that it will get others as excited for the line as they are. Some people are in the middle.

The bottom line is the more of these figures that sell, the better for the entire hobby. That goes for the Diamond Marvel 3-packs as well.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I'm not interested in play sets as collectibles at the stage of my life I'm at now,but my LCS has the mego bat mobile for thirty bucks and I might get it.i admire the stuff made by Dida displays.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                        I'm not interested in play sets as collectibles at the stage of my life I'm at now,but my LCS has the mego bat mobile for thirty bucks and I might get it.i admire the stuff made by Dida displays.
                        Hey powers! I play w/ my FTC DC repro-megos & STAR TREK EMCE megos w/ my x2 nephews a lot, so if you see any other Batmobile (around that price give or take), even a beater Mego BATMOBILE (or ANY other mego Vehichle) that would be perfect for play that you don't want to purchase....just shoot me a PM & I'd be happy to take it & throw you something to thank you for your time!

Actually, if ANYBODY here has or finds a Beater (or nice) Mego Batmobile or Batcycle.....please let me know, my NEPHEWS are begging to re-enact the Mego commercials (have been watching them via youtube since they were babies) so they can go: "HOLY LEAP'N BATCYLE" & of course have the Dynamic Duo racing in time to stop the JOKER & Penguin.....Punching them, Pushing PENGY's Big NOSE in the sand, Then tying them up w/ Twine!

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

I would love it even if the playsets were nothing more than painted cardboard covered in plastic with no features other than looking good. Just a good backdrop for the figures would suit me.

Comment

• Toystasher
                            • Jul 18, 2014

One thing that always bothered about the original Mego vehicles is that they never seemed to be scaled correctly (except for the crime lab and Jokermobile). When did Spider-Man ever drive a car anyway?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Toystasher
                              One thing that always bothered about the original Mego vehicles is that they never seemed to be scaled correctly (except for the crime lab and Jokermobile). When did Spider-Man ever drive a car anyway?

Comment

• Toystasher
                                • Jul 18, 2014

I stand corrected. Thanks EMCE! What issue was that?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎