Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amby87
    • Nov 21, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
    Jonny Quest would be a great property to make figures from; there's three different eras to tap into, and only one has really been done in action figure form (the 90's series). I recall a company that had the Captain Action license showed some 12" prototypes of the four main characters from the original show (I think they were straight out individual figures rather than CA and Action Boy costumes; simply taking advantage of the existing bodies), and how disappointed I was those never came to be. I think it's a perfect fit for a Mego-esque line.
    I remember seeing some pics of those prototypes on the internet way back when. I thought they looked sooo nice and was really bummed too that they were never produced. IMHO, JQ has been so neglected over the years when it comes to merchandising. I didn't collect the Galoob figures from the 90s but did buy the short-lived Comico comics series. Those were some good stories. I just think there's alot of potential with this property.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Toy Fair 2000, suppose to come out in 2001 along with Speed Racer. Originally Playing Mantis was going the mask/costume route with Captain Action but Jonny Quest got switched over to it's own line. Then died an early death....

Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

WOW! Those look unquestionably good! Even Bandit- was that the dog's name? FTC must right this wrong!

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
          WOW! Those look unquestionably good! Even Bandit- was that the dog's name? FTC must right this wrong!
          Bandit, yup.... They planned a Dr. Zin as well...

The Speed Racer sets were pretty darn nice as well. Two properties I would line up to buy in 1/6. Smaller, probably, but it depends on how much detail can be retained etc....
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ WOW THOSE do look GREAT! I have almost NO memory of this show! I wonder if it was on during "The MAGIC GARDEN" on WPIX....that would explain why I remember watching this show & all those characters (except the DOG...I literally didn't remember him!)...but can not remember much about it! Did they not only fly in a space ship but also an underwater sub ship? I mean like 1 in the same: spaceship/sub? I'm going to youtube that show....I bet my nephew Tony is going to LOVE it!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎