Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one else will say it. So I will. The new stuff looks bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Gotta give it up to Doc Mego. Khan's head is a tad small, but EMCE Toys nailed the head sizes of Chekov and Sulu. Especially Chekov.

Bizarro's head is HUGE, but Mxy's head looks properly scaled to the teen body. That's hopeful going forward.

Comment

• skullface
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 29, 2012

I think Kull and Kane look weak,what did they look at for Solomon Kanes face? Also they are an extra $5 bucks so I will not buy as many as planned. I might have bought 5-10 of each,now I might buy 1-3 of each.....sad.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

right now the biggest fail for me is No Conan Sword or Scabbard in Conan's blister card

Comment

• silentj76
          • Aug 25, 2009

Originally posted by magyar1964
          Yea even though they are in the picture on the packaging and the Kull figure has the sword and sword belt and they aren't pictured on his packaging.
          I'm glad someone else noticed, thanks!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

While the issues of the large heads, concerns me greatly. I'm still pleased to see these characters at least being done. Sadly, if not corrected these 'large heads' will most likely wind up as 9 inch custom fodder. Reducing interest value down to parts and pieces for many. Not a good direction for any toy line.

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by skullface
              I think Kull and Kane look weak,what did they look at for Solomon Kanes face? Also they are an extra $5 bucks so I will not buy as many as planned. I might have bought 5-10 of each,now I might buy 1-3 of each.....sad.
              I'm assuming the $5 increase is because they are selling only a three piece wave?

Comment

• nobody
                banjo!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by megomania
                I'm assuming the $5 increase is because they are selling only a three piece wave?
                Bring on the 10 figure waves...ten bucks a piece!

Comment

• Toystasher
                  • Jul 18, 2014

I think the Batman 66 figures look great (with the exception of Riddler. That face doesn't look anything like Frank Gorshin), but it's the bodies that I have a problem with. What's the deal with those rubberized hands. The hands/gloves fell right off the figure I purchased. These figs might go well in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre re-enactment....

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 3, 2009

ust a quick heads up for those with a problem with the gloves falling off the 66 bats ,when doing a body swap ,bikin 89 bats body ,the only swivel arm figure i have ,i noticed the ball pegs on the wrists were pushed in too far on my bats figure ,boiling water and a couple of minutes later i left them sticking out a little more ,no more falling hands ,when the wrist cools the pegs stay in place perfectly well and hold the glove on great ,would imagine this would be the same fix for robin

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
                      right now the biggest fail for me is No Conan Sword or Scabbard in Conan's blister card
                      I have a feeling Conan will be fully outfitted with his proper weapons when he comes out. I'm guessing the extra $5 for the figures is because the figures have the weapons where the other lines don't.

Comment

• piecemaker
                        There's no need to fear..
                        • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by libby 1957dog

ust a quick heads up for those with a problem with the gloves falling off the 66 bats ,when doing a body swap ,bikin 89 bats body ,the only swivel arm figure i have ,i noticed the ball pegs on the wrists were pushed in too far on my bats figure ,boiling water and a couple of minutes later i left them sticking out a little more ,no more falling hands ,when the wrist cools the pegs stay in place perfectly well and hold the glove on great ,would imagine this would be the same fix for robin
                        Great picture, the 66 Batman is perfect and your clock rocks!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Some of these look a little frumpy and heads a bit big... But they still look a million times better than BBP big head problem. We'll see what they look like closer to.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by madmarva
                            I have a feeling Conan will be fully outfitted with his proper weapons when he comes out. I'm guessing the extra $5 for the figures is because the figures have the weapons where the other lines don't.
                            Conan's description does not mention a sword:

Conan Retro 8 Inch Action Figures Series 1: Conan The Barbarian

This is an exact replica of the original action figure that was released by Mego. Includes an authentic cloth outfit, molded axe, boots, belt & wrist guards. Comes in resealable plastic clamshell packaging that can be opened and closed without damaging the figure. Other figures in this series include Solomon Kane & Kull The Conqueror. Available in 8 inch only.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
                              27inaleon
                              • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                              not meaning to get off topic, but this pose is cool. His head looks like it's angled a bit - did you mod the neck with a ball joint?

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by enyawd72
                                ^Player, put away the pom poms for once and admit that these don't look that great. Bizarro's head is huge, and the sculpt is weak. It doesn't even match the art they used on the card. I'm all for praising FTC when they get it right, but they did indeed drop the ball with a few of these new reveals.
                                ^^^Player said it right, clearly and simple! Wait until the real stuff come out and don't start your unwanted, unrequested criticism with their prototypes... Then, if the actual figures come with huge noggins here are your options: a) Buy them privately (& still complaint herein) b) Not buy them (and complaint herein) or c) Buy them and praise how much you liked them herein (yeah, right!).

This is not about not withstanding positive feedback or criticism... It is about identifying members who believe they have the monopoly of wisdom in all Mego subjects and not giving them standing or ranking but letting them know so... Nuff' time spent with your comments...^^^

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎