Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one else will say it. So I will. The new stuff looks bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
    I am glad it's Classic Silver Age Bizarro with costume identical to Superman except backwards "S" and No. 1 necklace! And head looks like Legion of Doom Bizarro! Never liked Mego used 8" fat torso body for Mxyzptlk so teen works better! Supergirl is perfect, Superman's costume is a little loose. Excited for a series 2 with Clark, Lois, Jimmy, and Superboy!
    They nailed Bizarro. The figure is great, the necklace is great, the artwork on the card is fantastic. Yes the head is too big but as I said that's not an issue for me like it is for some here. The Superman wave looks really strong, and again, the actual figures usually look a little better.

The Conan and Tarzan waves I'll probably just get the main character for each, not that familiar with the other characters so little interest there.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Player, actually, you DID agree with my criticism. I guess you forgot...

You said some of the heads were too big, and you hope they fix them. That WAS you, right?
      I do agree with you that the heads are too big. I disagree that it's a 'problem' that needs to be fixed. I'd like it to be fixed, but FTC will get my money anyway.

It's ok buddy, we can disagree on this. I won't think any less of you if we do. Fair?

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

I collect Masters of the Universe classics, so I'm fully aware of a Toy company's apologists! What I personally do NOT like at all is messages in past threads where said apologists get so bent out of shape when criticism is brought up about FTC, that they make passive-aggressive comments blaming the CUSTOMERS who purchased the product & are clearly reporting QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES! I burst out laughing when Jedi-Jaida was sharing how her FTC Riddler's arms just popped off, & (since I'm NOT passive-aggressive & honest) The-player-o-the-other-side said maybe Jaida was too rough with it. They responded something along the lines that they barely touched it. He then replied:

Player-O.T.O.Side:
        "odd, sorry that happened to you. I saw some people here saying their FTC bodies broke in some way so I was a bit worried when I got mine. So far, zero issues. Then again I was careful, I wonder if some people were being a bit rough with their figures just to see if they would break?

Really? I bought $200 worth of x8 FTC Batman wave 1 figures. Every1 of them broke at the left arm socket! The soft plastic was torn through (I have many pics BTW) & this was with w/ super gentle handling on some & (*some were MIB when they broke) I didn't spend $200 on HIGHLY DESIRED FTC re-megos & just decided to "be a bit rough......just to see if they would break" ****I find that ridiculous personally.

Then there was the whole thing where his FTC Batman/WGH figures were cooler because he paid the sites S/H & he got them 2-3 weeks earlier than people who ordered through EE. I was really hoping he was kidding there because of the lack of tone, it's hard to read people's tone on the internet (where a smiley or "Joking" or JK would work), but it just seems so unnecessary, antagonistic & kind of trolly IMO. There I said my piece. I don't want problems w/ the mods, just stating my opinion. I really hope we can continue to have differing opinions & not get all upset if people disagree about the QUALITY, aesthetics, price, packaging or whether FREE S/H is worth it or not w/out all the attitude. I'm saying this not to be a pot stirrer, but to address the issue of posting with honestly & respect to other's differing experiences/opinions w/out having to have them belittled by others who experience is different or has blind loyalty to a company. I'm too honest at times, but I don't BREAK my expensive toys over & over again so I can come to the megomuseum to disparage FTC name just for expensive Sticks-&-Giggles! I find that insulting. Sorry rant over. I'll drop this b4 it becomes something big. -invisiblelad
        Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 18, '14, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I sincerely hope they do tweak and continue to improve their releases--Meriam & Jane are pitiful. Kull seems off-model to me. With these new releases, FTC doesn't have the luxury of using vintage Mego as promotional copy and this could affect preorders--& future success.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Is it me or does the Superman head look different from the one they are selling on their site?

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

I think Conan and Kull would look perfect on the original ZICA (not the Type S) body.

I don't have any proof but I don't think "The Farrow" was the artist for the "Conan" line.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by nubee
                I think Conan and Kull would look perfect on the original ZICA (not the Type S) body.
                I tried swapping out the bodies on the first two Batman waves for Type S and I could only get the head to fit properly with Dick Grayson. It was loose with Robin and literally flopped with Batman. Very disappointed.

Comment

• nubee
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

I think someone mentioned something about some sorta of ring from the "My Little Pony" toy line to fix the loose head issue when transfer onto the Type S body. (Please post the infor again, thanks.) I only have the Batman 66 line and all of the heads transfer perfectly onto the Type S.

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  I tried swapping out the bodies on the first two Batman waves for Type S and I could only get the head to fit properly with Dick Grayson. It was loose with Robin and literally flopped with Batman. Very disappointed.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by nubee
                    I think someone mentioned something about some sorta of ring from the "My Little Pony" toy line to fix the loose head issue when transfer onto the Type S body. (Please post the infor again, thanks.) I only have the Batman 66 line and all of the heads transfer perfectly onto the Type S.
                    Check the body mods pinned thread at the top of the board, that's probably what you are thinking of.

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

Eh, some of their figures are better than others, but the overall body of work they have released so far is impressive. They are releasing a bunch of stuff in quick fashion and maybe some items have slipped through the cracks of quality control. Can't say I'm surprised with the sheer amount of product they are getting into our hands in a rapid-fire rate. It's gonna happen, you can't hit a home run every time to the plate.

As far as criticisms go, we ultimately vote with our wallets. If something looks sloppy and isn't to my liking I don't add it to my online cart. We here at the Museum are not the majority of the target commerce base but we do represent the baseline of opinion. You won't find any group of people more knowledgeable about figures in this scale. With that knowledge also comes the inevitable and widely varied debate on figure quality. Those vastly different viewpoints define this website and community. The opinions on new merchanside is rarely ever personal, but merely observation and action figure instinct. Case in point, I think the Kull and Solomon protos are pretty weak. I think the suits are sometime ill-fitting. Some of the rotocast heads are a bit wonky. These are not malicious comments, they're what I see. Nobody else sees with my eyes, so nobody else can argue my viewpoints.

FTC is to be commended for their efforts so far. They've obviously put a lot of themselves into these projects and perhaps have been spread a little too thin. are some of the figures in the reveals today weak? Yes, absolutely. Are some of these figures pretty damn cool? Yes, absolutely. I think these protos will be tightened up in production, so no big worries from me. CTVT earned their often bad reputation on bodies, that's well documented. Like a phoenix, FTC has now earned the right to have benefit of doubt by their commitment to the genre and keeping this re-Mego revolution going. You take the good with the bad, and I'd say the ratio so far is 80/20, and that's a win in any toy book.
                      Last edited by Random Axe; Jul 18, '14, 11:32 PM.
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                        Is it me or does the Superman head look different from the one they are selling on their site?
                        I noticed that too... something a little "different" not bad just different.

As for my opinion for what it's worth; I think this big roll out is great. I do wish the Superman family would have the more classic card back but I'll take 'em anyway. I actually want a case of Superman by himself. The other characters are great, some heads seem a bit big but oh well, I'm getting new Superman Mego's! The thing that is really growing on me now are the Super Powers Fist Fighters. I wasn't terribly excited about them before but now seeing all 8 of these lovely lads, I really would like to collect 'em all.

Comment

• Megotu
                          jerk
                          • Dec 16, 2001

I am thinking FTC has almost doubled Mego's output of 8 inch figure characters. Of course I don't mean total number of units but in different characters in the 8 inch format.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2013

The more I look at the pictures, the less it seems to bother me, but earlier today the large heads killed my enthusiasm for some of the figures. I like the vibrant color of the suits but they look baggy on the Superman figures. Since FTC' bodies are slightly smaller, do the new hero duds fit better on Doc's bodies or the Type S? Anyhow, I would like to see the heads resized. That is my main issue with the figures I want (Alfred, Gordon, Bizzaro, Kull, Kane).

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Megotu
                              I am thinking FTC has almost doubled Mego's output of 8 inch figure characters. Of course I don't mean total number of units but in different characters in the 8 inch format.
                              They made way more figures than Mego a long time ago, probably. They have probably made at least three times the amount of figures that Mego made by now!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I hope they correct the big heads from the prototypes to production, I want to get the new stuff but not if they are Biff Bang Pow big water heads. Batman 66 looked a lot bigger when it was shown at prototype, the production ones look a lot better.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎