Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one else will say it. So I will. The new stuff looks bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

The bodies were a disaster, and, though some of the head sculpts were decent, they were all very soft, without any sharp detail. The new FTC heads may have random encephalitis, but the sculpts are nice and sharp, and they don't seem to lose anything on the way to production. You can especially see that on faces like the Romero Joker; if the sculpt were like the Mattel figures, the facial hair on the lips would look like a little blob of mashed potatoes left over from a hastily eaten lunch. But you can tell it's supposed to be a hairy lip. Bizarro is actually a good example, too; the size is the only problem. The features are well done and fairly crisp, and you can see the faceting/crags in his face and the muss of his hair. It's a nice, solid version of his noggin, just the wrong proportions.

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
      Bizarro is actually a good example, too; the size is the only problem. The features are well done and fairly crisp, and you can see the faceting/crags in his face and the muss of his hair. It's a nice, solid version of his noggin, just the wrong proportions.
      I was actually going to order Bizarro until pmwasson posted his pics of the Super Family. His head looks like 3 times the size of Superman. Unless there's ever a way to shrink heads without losing the paint, I'm not getting him. Too freakin' big!
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎