Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one else will say it. So I will. The new stuff looks bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VinMan
    Career Member Mego Maniac
    • Sep 6, 2012

No one else will say it. So I will. The new stuff looks bad.

New stuff does not look good.
    Myx? Terrible.
    Tarzan? Worse.
    Kull? Not good.

I could go on. They are nailing it with the Batman stuff IMO. But this looks like a sloppy job. If I praise 'em when they are good (Batman '66. Batman Wave 1) then I gotta call it both ways.

On a side note, when are the clothes gonna fit right??
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

I had opted to bite my tongue because some can't take the criticism.

But Austin's Bizarro kicks FTC's arse up and down the street. These heads are as hit-n-miss as the ones from a decade ago.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

FTC's 'prototype' figures often look worse than the actual figures. We've been through this with multiple waves now.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

^Player, put away the pom poms for once and admit that these don't look that great. Bizarro's head is huge, and the sculpt is weak. It doesn't even match the art they used on the card. I'm all for praising FTC when they get it right, but they did indeed drop the ball with a few of these new reveals.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
          ^Player, put away the pom poms for once and admit that these don't look that great. Bizarro's head is huge, and the sculpt is weak. It doesn't even match the art they used on the card. I'm all for praising FTC when they get it right, but they did indeed drop the ball with a few of these new reveals.
          Then don't buy them. Problem solved. Me and my pom poms will get most if not all of them and love every bit of it.

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Yeah these are prototypes, we don't know exactly what the figures will be like until we see them.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              Then don't buy them. Problem solved. Me and my pom poms will get most if not all of them and love every bit of it.
              No, problem solved would be addressing the oversized head issue and fixing it. Why you can't handle even the slightest criticism of your beloved FTC is beyond me. I praise them plenty when they get it right, but when there's genuine quality issues they need to be corrected. I received my Teen Titans set today and Kid Flash's leggings are cut so short there's a quarter inch bare leg gap between them and his boots.

Comment

• VinMan
                Career Member Mego Maniac
                • Sep 6, 2012

No, problem solved would be addressing the oversized head issue and fixing it. Why you can't handle even the slightest criticism of your beloved FTC is beyond me. I praise them plenty when they get it right, but when there's genuine quality issues they need to be corrected. I received my Teen Titans set today and Kid Flash's leggings are cut so short there's a quarter inch bare leg gap between them and his boots.
                Yup! I love the company. Great people!! But you have to take the good with the bad!! I can criticize all I want!! Because I will also be buying most of em!!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by VinMan
                  Yup! I love the company. Great people!! But you have to take the good with the bad!! I can criticize all I want!! Because I will also be buying most of em!!
                  I completely agree. Do I think they are really missing the mark on some of them with the massive craniums? Yup. Will that keep me from buying them and feeling like a kid on Christmas morning? Nope. I hope the get a handle on the big heads but in the mean time, keep'em coming FTC!

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                    I completely agree. Do I think they are really missing the mark on some of them with the massive craniums? Yup. Will that keep me from buying them and feeling like a kid on Christmas morning? Nope. I hope the get a handle on the big heads but in the mean time, keep'em coming FTC!
                    Bingo. Yes some of the heads are too big. Yes that irritates the poppycock out of some people here. I'm not one of them. I hope they fix them but I'll buy them either way and love having them.

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

The Bizzaro reminds me of Challenge of the Super Friends version rather than based off the comics, which to me is fine. I didn't really notice the Bizzaro head was large.

Tarzan and Meriem look really bad to me. Those are the only two that I can't see myself buying. Conan looks great. Kull is fine, to me. I like Soloman Kane except for the bobble head size, but the sculpt is fine. Jane is OK. Korak looks fantastic. Probably the best FTC figure, yet.

The Supergirl looks great. Mxy would look better if the costume was more snug. Same for Superman. Some better attention could be paid to how Superman and Bizzaro's capes are attached.

But it is really exciting to see this many figures bursting onto the scene, and as others have stated FTC's actual product in many cases surpasses the look of the prototypes.
                      Last edited by madmarva; Jul 18, '14, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Gotta admit that I wasn't overly blown away with Batman '66 or Batman Waves 1 or 2. I'm more partial to these even with issues. To each their own enjoyment.

-Chris

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

No, problem solved would be addressing the oversized head issue and fixing it. Why you can't handle even the slightest criticism of your beloved FTC is beyond me.
                          I'll try to be calmer the next time you get upset because I won't agree with your criticism

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

I am glad it's Classic Silver Age Bizarro with costume identical to Superman except backwards "S" and No. 1 necklace! And head looks like Legion of Doom Bizarro! Never liked Mego used 8" fat torso body for Mxyzptlk so teen works better! Supergirl is perfect, Superman's costume is a little loose. Excited for a series 2 with Clark, Lois, Jimmy, and Superboy!

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Player, actually, you DID agree with my criticism. I guess you forgot...

You said some of the heads were too big, and you hope they fix them. That WAS you, right?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎