Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

News today is that Peter Jackson will be working with new footage that has been found and there will be sort of re-working of Let It Be. This was my response on facebook:

Sad...Paul really wants to re-write history. They should just release the original film cleaned up...but that's not the nature of the beast when it comes to the ultimate PR Man that Paul is. Beatles fans know what happened...just release the original movie with the FULL roof top concert. That's all we've wanted for the last 30+ years since it was deleted from the VHS catalog. I have 4 versions of the movie : VHS/Beta/Selectavision Disc/Laserdisc. I can make a copy of the movie anytime I want...I just want a cleaner version on DVD...That's it. I am a huge Macca fan...but this just ****es me off.

New Film Project
    We are proud to announce an exciting new collaboration between The Beatles and the acclaimed Academy Award winning director Sir Peter Jackson

The new film will be based around 55 hours of never-released footage of The Beatles in the studio, shot between January 2nd and January 31st, 1969. These studio sessions produced The Beatles’ Grammy Award winning album Let It Be, with its Academy Award winning title song. The album was eventually released 18 months later in May 1970, several months after the band had broken up.

The filming was originally intended for a planned TV special, but organically turned into something completely different, climaxing with The Beatles’ legendary performance on the roof of Apple's Savile Row London office — which took place exactly 50 years ago today.

Peter Jackson said, "The 55 hours of never-before-seen footage and 140 hours of audio made available to us, ensures this movie will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about."

“I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth,” continues Jackson, “it’s simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there’s moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with. Watching John, Paul, George, and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it’s funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate”.

"I’m thrilled and honoured to have been entrusted with this remarkable footage - making the movie will be a sheer joy.”

Beatles photo credit: Apple Corps Ltd
    Peter Jackson photo: Travis Graalman

Comment

• cockyhoskins
      Career Member
      • Jan 13, 2009

The Beatles and KISS... rewriting history. Those of us that were there remember it... Kind of!

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Sweet! Thanks for the news!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

they said that the original Let it Be film will be released in a restored version after Jackson's film comes out. so it hopefully will be the best of both worlds

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Sounds like Sir Paul should take his own advice and just...Let It Be.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

Being a huge Get Back/Let It Be fan Unwelcome this project that is long overdue. Getting tired of all the Nagra material in mediocre quality to surface in the black market only to be repackaged when the great stuff caught in film should be remastered and cleaned up for proper release. I've felt the original LIB film was rushed and could been done in a better light. The album from Spector is my least favorite but the songs are some of my favorite from their catalog. Hence why when I first heard Glyn Johns version #2 of the Get Back album and years later version #3 I fell immediately in love again with these songs and in their original glory. When LIB...Naked came out I loved it but not a fan of the tracklisting or the removal of the interstitial chatter. But at the songs were back to being stripped down. This is how I envisioned the movie being as well and there is other footage that never made it, especially the complete rooftop performance.
              I would if they reissued a new version of the Let It Be soundtrack with the acoustic tracks being hurt, then the electric tracks followed by the rooftop performance tracks. Similar to the movie. Would love to see the Glyn Johns versions released on vinyl with the apple test pressing labels and on limited color vinyl editions as well. Been waiting for those releases since I was 18 and nothing yet.

Overall, excited for the new LIB documentary and the remastered version as well. Definite keeper s for me. Then I can get rid of my pirated and bootleg copies.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                Home Of The Type3 Body
                • Jan 18, 2005

Fab! He looks better each time I see it! Can't wait to see the rest of the band.
                LOOK
                Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Roberto, sent you a PM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

51 years and counting. Finally getting news that the new Peter Jackson version of the movie will be out soon (2021) Now I have to get started again on the John figure I was working on. Re-rooting a bald head for John has been a royal pain in the you know what. Had to stop because my fat Italian Sausage Fingers were in pain. Soon as I get some more re-rooting done I will post pics.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i've watched that sneak peak half a dozen times already, lol

can't wait for the film to hit

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Looking forward to the Rooftop John.

Same, I've watched those clips as well on high rotation. Great to see some of these clips in crisp clarity compared to the poor quality bootlegs. Glad they are showing the highlights of happiness as listening to the audio tracks from those Nagra reels can be quite depressing and not getting the complete context of the rehearsals.

Still hoping for a boxset with HD audio and vinyl of Glyn Johns versions of Get Back and perhaps a better updated version with the acoustic tracks segueing into the electric tracks and finally into the live rooftop selections. Always thought it made sense to follow that direction to coincide with the movie. At this point I will take any version of the Get Back album complete with original artwork and interstitials.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎