Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

I think it's awesome how many people are excited about the FTC figures

I love the enthusiasm. I was so excited about these figures when they were first announced, and for a while the board here was quite critical of them (obsessively so, at times). But I think FTC has won a lot of the initial nay-sayers over, plus it's brought in a lot of newbies here that are excited about re-living their childhood.

Mego 2.0, it seems like. I appreciate the inside scoop from mickey and others, but also love the surprises like suddenly seeing that FTC just put up a new wave that we didn't know was coming.

I think this is great for the hobby. It draws more attention to Megos in general, and even if you are a vintage collector that's not interested in the new figures, they are at least great sources of repro accessories.

All I want for Christmas is Superman, Green Arrow, Aquaman and Shazam, regular and non-FF!
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

me too,they are doing a bang up job on the licenses they have and constantly bringing out new stuff.

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

Whatever missteps they had in the past have mostly been erased from memory in the last 12-18 months. When they got this DC lisence, and whatever else ones they got and have yet to announce, they went in feet first, full-throttle and went for it. It was a huge risk that is and will be paying off for them. Of course there will be some quality control issues along the way, but overall I am floored at what they have accomplished so far. I do not expect perfection with my figures, it's simply not attainable. They came pretty darn close with the 66 stuff. I think it would be beneficial for them to interact with their customer base a bit more, but I understand why they don't. They have been, for the most part, fairly transparent and forthcoming with details. Mattel forced Doc to keep their secrets like NORAD launch codes, which created a barrier between manufacturer and comsumer that never was breached completely. Matty didn't give three ****s about us and we sort of knew that as we purchased figures anyway.

I will admit to a large bit of skepticism when this venture was initially announced. I had doubts they had the resources and structure to pull this off beyond a wave or two. They completely proved me wrong and I've rarely been happier to be wrong. I haven't purchased a lot of stuff, but those Super Powers fist fighters are tops of my want list for sure. I might be in for two sets at this point. I doubt they'll ever read these posts, but I gotta apologize for doubting them. This is truly an exciting time for the 1/9 scale fan.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I have to agree! April 16, 2013 was a historic day for Mego fans when FTC announced its new licenses especially DC and Batman TV! I supported FTC/CTVT 10 years ago but DC and Batman TV are DREAMS come true for me! At 1st we thought FTC could only make Mego BATMAN characters but a few weeks later Anthony revealed the entire DCU was FTC to play with! I got Batman Series 1 last Christmas then Series 2 in March! I get a CASE of each DC and Batman TV wave! Batman TV Series 1 blew me away, I am 44 and have waited over 40 years for these figures! When Batman Series 3 and Teen Titans were delivered together to me I squeeled like a school girl! RC Batman my 1st Batman figure, RM Robin I NEVER had, Batgirl my 1st female figure, and ALFRED! I am the BIGGEST Teen Titans fan and the Megos have been my Holy Grail and these are duplicates! Mickey has been spilling beans the past week and FTC tweeted today it will announce some BIG REVEALS this week! Does it get any better? After 30 years Mego is back! Thanks, FTC!

Comment

• figureaddicted
          • Jun 29, 2014

I have to echo the sentiment. I thought due to the costly nature of vintage DC Megos, that i would never attain my childhood collection of them again.....let alone be able to expand it. The Mego/ReMego movement, including EMCE , Neca ,BBP, and Zica has been wonderful. But ,i think, FTC really put it over the top. I'm thrilled with their releases and equally thrilled that they're selling so well. The future looks very optimistic here.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Great thread. I agree with all of these sentiments. Their transformation has taken me with them. It's no secret that I was most likely one of their toughest critics. The number of quality issues I got burned on in the past were too numerous to mention, so I was hard on them. But I was also being honest in that assessment. I wasn't saying it for the exercise of being mean spirited. They had real issues. But they addressed those and have shown continuous improvement in other areas like packaging, license selection, and public communication through their Facebook page. So they have become a first rate, mainstream manufacturer/distributor of goods that I'm completely behind. And the kind of dedication and focus they're showing to the Mego format right now is breath taking. When I read the term "re-birth", that really nails it. This truly feels like the 70's (on steroids) from a merchandise perspective. I've had my share of "70's moments" in the past and to those companies that have made it happen, I am thankful. But this has been an all out assault on my sensory nerves. Every day I check their Facebook page to see new photos of existing or upcoming merchandise and I have to say it's a blast. They've made this hobby extremely exciting and for me, that's a much needed tonic right now. So I'm all in. Thank you FTC!

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

I never bought a product from FTC before this so I have no idea what the quality of their figures were in the past. I can only go on what I've seen from the current figures I've bought. The Wave 1 and 2 bodies were tight/stiff, but other than that and some baggy clothes on a few figures, the products have been well worth the money. To Random Axe, while FTC isn't interacting with us here, they are very responsive on their Facebook page and via email.

Can't wait to see where the excitement level is at after we have a Superman wave, and a Shazam wave for example. I love Batman but I'm ready for FTC to tackle some of the other main DC characters!

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I couldn't agree more! FTC's DC and Batman 66 lines are the second coming of Mego. I'm so excited about future waves of both I could just explode. I cannot wait to hold an FTC Hawkman in my hand, and dare I even dream of Swamp Thing?
                My series 3 and Teen Titans are being delivered today...and it took every ounce of willpower I had not to play hooky from work.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  I couldn't agree more! FTC's DC and Batman 66 lines are the second coming of Mego. I'm so excited about future waves of both I could just explode. I cannot wait to hold an FTC Hawkman in my hand, and dare I even dream of Swamp Thing?
                  My series 3 and Teen Titans are being delivered today...and it took every ounce of willpower I had not to play hooky from work.
                  Oh are you going to be a happy camper later today! Those two series are AWESOME! Remember too you can fold back Batman's vinyl cape if you want it to seat on his shoulders like the Adam West Batman. It looks awesome. Congrats!

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

What FTC has done is really quite amazing. The stuff I bought from them a couple of years ago seemed more like cheap knockoffs of Mego products, but now they have improved to the point of being as good or better (in my opinion) than original Megos. It has really changed my opinion of them, like night and day. It does make me wish that Doc mego had the same license ability with Marvel that FTC has with DC.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      I love the enthusiasm. I was so excited about these figures when they were first announced, and for a while the board here was quite critical of them (obsessively so, at times). But I think FTC has won a lot of the initial nay-sayers over, plus it's brought in a lot of newbies here that are excited about re-living their childhood.

Mego 2.0, it seems like. I appreciate the inside scoop from mickey and others, but also love the surprises like suddenly seeing that FTC just put up a new wave that we didn't know was coming.

I think this is great for the hobby. It draws more attention to Megos in general, and even if you are a vintage collector that's not interested in the new figures, they are at least great sources of repro accessories.

All I want for Christmas is Superman, Green Arrow, Aquaman and Shazam, regular and non-FF!
                      you got one early Super Present and you will get another from your Christmas List!

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

Mickey,

So we're getting regular Aquaman, Green Arrow, or Shazam? At least 1 of those soon?

I want a Shazam wave with the NEW characters on back of 2-packs!

Shazam
                        Mary
                        Junior
                        Sivana *and a small Mr Mind worm included!

Will there be a Wonder Woman WAVE since FTC 8" WW figure is pre-selling out?

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                          you got one early Super Present and you will get another from your Christmas List!
                          Awesome, all I really wanted from FTC was for them to nail the original characters Mego did plus give us Green Lantern, Flash and Hawkman. Anything over that is gravy and they've already shown us they will go far beyond that.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            I never bought a product from FTC before this so I have no idea what the quality of their figures were in the past. I can only go on what I've seen from the current figures I've bought.
                            Trust me, the India productions had many issues. When FTC got the DC line, something told me they were looking to up their game. In my attempts to communicate this to my retailer friends, I realized how bad their (FTC/CTVT) reputation was in the retail market. A couple of them only seemed mildly more interested, when I told them that these new FTC would be produced in China.
                            I'm so happy, FTC didn't let me down.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

The difference is like it's a whole new company. I had bought the old Mego monsters (both waves) and found a special on the whole Space 1999 set for a really cheap price. Worst figures I'd ever gotten, with useless bodies, broken parts, some melted; awful stuff. Show those next to the Batman '66 figures they just put out, and you'd be hard pressed to convince Joe Average whom you just pulled off the street that they were made by the same folks. I can't honestly recall seeing an operation change so drastically for the better in such a short period of time.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎