X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Falcon to be the new Captain america

According to Joe Quesada on the Colbert Report, Sam Wilson (Falcon) is set to take over the Cap persona after Roger's serum fails.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, it really seems the House of Ideas needs a renovation.

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

Well I guess if a new cap has to be named at least Falcon has been his sidekick on and off for 40 years.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Wouldn't it had been a hoot if Steve Rogers had become the Falcon? Oh the outcries! After all it IS just about the costume... RIGHT?

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

We have a female Thor, new Captain America, and Superior Iron Man???

Why is Marvel messing with there Trinity. Didn't they learn when DC messed with there Trinity they lost sales. Now that we know the (Lady) Thor is NOT Angela I have no desire to read it.

I am wondering how long till we get Angela in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
          Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 17, '14, 1:53 PM.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I wonder how much of these character changes are the movie "tail" wagging the dog? Evans and Hemsworth are probably not going to play these roles forever (get too old, too expensive, what have you). A look-a-like could come across like a cheap knockoff... where with a more radical change to the character might be easier to accept on its own terms.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

they already did this years ago. It just didn't get national media coverage back then.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Sam as a Cap replacement makes sense. It's not like Steve won't be back. Didn't he just re-replace Bucky as Cap? Is this whole replacement thing just getting worn out, esp. with Cap? It's been done since the 70s!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• TomStrong
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  We have a female Thor, new Captain America, and Superior Iron Man???

Why is Marvel messing with there Trinity. Didn't they learn when DC messed with there Trinity they lost sales. Now that we know the (Lady) Thor is NOT Angela I have no desire to read it.

I am wondering how long till we get Angela in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
                  Alright this is getting ridiculous. What the deal with Superior Iron Man? And what happened on the trinity series? These are well known beloved characters, I think this is a mistake too.

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

Sam Wilson/Falcon is a natural transition to be Cap for a while. The problem I have is the outfit. It's too busy with unnecessary crap. I would have been in full support if he simply donned Steve's suit and went to work. Now he's got red goggles, knee pads and a shield that I doubt he has any idea how to use properly. It's both sad and humorous to see Marvel do stuff like this. It smells of desperation. I don't read modern comics, but I sure as hell know what came before. Jim Shooter has got to be laughing pretty hard about now...
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Sam as a Cap replacement makes sense. It's not like Steve won't be back. Didn't he just re-replace Bucky as Cap? Is this whole replacement thing just getting worn out, esp. with Cap? It's been done since the 70s!

Chris
                      and in cap annual #6 they retconnned replacesments all the way to cap's disappearance in ww2

Comment

• plaztekman
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 27, 2008

Thor is a woman? Sam is now Cap?

I've lost interest in the "switch-it-up" parade". I'd rather they created new characters to fill the minority void rather than destroy the old ones. I'm gonna go read my vintage comics and let them do whatever they like 'til the do something good. There's no replacing the classic artist like Byrne and Perez for great visual storytelling and with comics...it's all in the art.
                        Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

I thought these were meant to be played with, not write stories around.

Comment

• torgospizza
                            Theocrat of Pan Tang
                            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Random Axe
                            It smells of desperation.
                            I'm with you. I really don't care about them changing the characters around, because it doesn't strike me as particularly meaningful...things will return to the status quo soon enough and it'll be a punchline. I just don't see why because Steve's out of the picture, Sam needs to take over. He's an awesome character as he is. It's like in the Marvel Universe, if someone's grandfather dies, "Well, I guess I'll step in and fill the slot. Mom, you can start calling me Dad now." These are code names, not positions like Secretary of Defense or Chief Financial Officer. And announcing the changes on The View and Colbert? It strikes me that the changes have nothing to do with wanting to please current fans. But it's their property to manage as they see fit. It's not like 50 year old housewives are going to start picking up Thor, but if that's who Marvel wants to chase, whatever.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                              Career Member
                              • May 14, 2007

Sam must have awful fashion sense now.
                              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎