Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it's official...FF movie to have ZERO connection to comics.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Well it's official...FF movie to have ZERO connection to comics.

So...let's make a Fantastic Four movie and ignore everything there is about the Fantastic Four. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
    I really, really hope this crapfest crashes and burns. This will be the first Marvel movie EVER that I will not go see.
    Congratulations Fox.
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

This is a mistake in semantics from the actress playing Sue. Here's some clarification:

"E[ntertainment]W[eekly] reached out for further clarification on Mara’s comments to the publication, and the actress’ rep said she was misquoted. ‘Fantastic Four’ won’t be based on any singular comic, but rather a mixture of material taken from the entire canon."
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

I still hope the film bombs tremendously so that Fox will give up on the property, and it will eventually return to Marvel.

Comment

• SentientApe
        Career Member
        • May 1, 2014

Let's all watch Roger Corman's suck-fest instead!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^It's a suckfest with it's heart in the right place though.

Yeah, it's made by people who have no business attempting such an ambitious film, but everyone is giving it 100%, and I can't even say that for the Fox films, where Dr. Nip/Tuck showed up for a paycheck.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

There's no semantic error. She's a hyper-privileged flake and spoke openly. Solid actor, but she's lived in a bubble her whole life.

She spoke the truth, and it ties perfectly to the war between Marvel and Fox. Fox doesn't want the FF, they want something else with the marketing title FF. Once Marvel read the script, they stripped support to the bones. I'm stilled convinced this is based on Millar's jettisoned superhero project, Miracle Park. He dropped it once he came on board Fox as a creative consultant.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I have no interest in seeing this. Fox deserves to lose their shirts on this one. Disrespect the material, the audience will disrespect you.

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                So...let's make a Fantastic Four movie and ignore everything there is about the Fantastic Four. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
                I really, really hope this crapfest crashes and burns. This will be the first Marvel movie EVER that I will not go see.
                Congratulations Fox.
                I have to agree; there's absolutely zero chance I'll go see this. They've seemingly mucked up everything, from casting to storyline, and I agree with Tom, Fox deserves to lose a ton on this for mis-using/disrespecting the source material. Why waste the money on securing rights to a property rich in history if you intend to mostly ignore it?

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

No connection to comics? no connection to my wallet....I'll pass.....

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I will not go to the movies and watch this, and I just may not buy the dvd when it comes out I may just Redbox it. The more I read about this the worse it gets.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• bobws
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 13, 2008

It lost me the minute I heard the casting.
                      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

Why bother? The Marvel characters are now BILLION dollar properties, what on gods green earth would you just throw away another billion for the sake of... art? Expression? Political correctness? The desire to anger fans more than the DC New 52? The whole thing is absurd.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                          Mego Dork
                          • Nov 9, 2008

Just save your pennies and go see the Tupperware movie. Yeah that's for real. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...718-story.html

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

GOTG is the new Fantastic Four. Marvel have turned Guardians of the Galaxy into a mix of Fantastic Four's dysfunctional family unit and Star Wars.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎