News on Figures Toy Company Products

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Other than the Tarzan lineup I'm not seeing any Breaking News here.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

I don't have the Bundy figure, so I'm not sure and calling the Alfred head enormous is hyperbole on my part, but it is as much out of proportion as the Battlestar Galactica figures when compared to the heads of the other figures in the wave or original megoes.

By itself, it's not as noticeable, but when compared to the other figures it stands out.

But other than that it really is a nice figure. The sculpt is excellent. The clothing is excellent from the bow tie to the jacket to the vest to the pants.
      That's why the large noggin is so disappointing.

The reason I'm mentioning it is because I am looking forward to all the new figures that have been announced and I'm hoping FTC will do something about the scale, because based on what is right about Alfred and the 66 figures for that matter, FTC could really do some excellent figures.

Just get that scale right.

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        Other than the Tarzan lineup I'm not seeing any Breaking News here.
        Agreed, but it may have been unrealistic on our parts to believe anyone was going to be able to release info before FTC intended, no matter how much in the know MickeyMoose is or is not.

I have no reason to doubt he has the access he says he has, but if he released info FTC didn't want out that access would soon dry up.

If anything his posts have been helpful reminders of previously released info located in one spot.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
          I don't have the Bundy figure, so I'm not sure and calling the Alfred head enormous is hyperbole on my part, but it is as much out of proportion as the Battlestar Galactica figures when compared to the heads of the other figures in the wave or original megoes.

By itself, it's not as noticeable, but when compared to the other figures it stands out.

But other than that it really is a nice figure. The sculpt is excellent. The clothing is excellent from the bow tie to the jacket to the vest to the pants.
          That's why the large noggin is so disappointing.

The reason I'm mentioning it is because I am looking forward to all the new figures that have been announced and I'm hoping FTC will do something about the scale, because based on what is right about Alfred and the 66 figures for that matter, FTC could really do some excellent figures.

The size of the head really doesn't bother or stick out to me. It's obviously bigger than the other figures, but IOW it still doesn't detract or stick out. It would be nice if they fixed the issue and I hope they do, but if they don't then oh well.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

By itself, it's not as noticeable, but when compared to the other figures it stands out...

It has to be noticeable since it's becoming a more common critique. You're right that it has to be corrected. If the idea, as M1B put out there, is short runs of multiple figures then it has to be corrected or they're not going to get as far into this as hoped. Lot of precedent from when a new line doesn't correct the error after initial release, consumers dry up.

Comment

• mirrorman
              On Patrol
              • Jul 18, 2011

Originally posted by hedrap
              Since I have no interest in buying a butler, are we talking about a gianormous noggin like previous CTVT female heads? Kelly Bundy is probably the saddest wasted custom opportunity because she looks like a balloon.
              Simple communication between the sculpter of the head and the company should weed out any problems about scale. The sculpter should also have the body intended for the head in question (for scale purposes) in hand whilst scuplting, that would surely help .. hope the scupter/s aren't expected to only go by specs on paper ?

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mirrorman
                Simple communication between the sculpter of the head and the company should weed out any problems about scale. The sculpter should also have the body intended for the head in question (for scale purposes) in hand whilst scuplting, that would surely help .. hope the scupter/s aren't expected to only go by specs on paper ?
                The sculpts for Ras and Scarecrow looked better, but won't know for sure till they are on the body.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Is Alfred's head really that big, or is it just bigger than the Mego repros, whose heads seem to be smaller than the original Megos (or at least shaped differently in some cases). I will have to pull Alfred out of the case tonight, but as a stand a lone figure, he seemed okay to me.

Perfectly scaled heads is obviously the best case scenario, but I think I prefer slightly too large to the pinheads of Toy Biz's Marvel Famous Cover figures. Ugh!

And cut mickeymoosemego a little slack. He was dropping info all over the place and then this thread was started, which seemed like a bad idea because of the expectations it raised, along with the desire (demand?) for the immediate gratification of answers and info. I don't know how much of the original info he dropped was known already, but it was probably better having him drop info in threads when he had some. People would eventually find it.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

I unfortunately agree that ALFRED's HEAD is distracting when paired w/ all the previous FTC figures. I also wished EMCE had kept the original generic sculpt on Lt. UHURA so she looked retro, but after SHRINKING it to a closer scale. But in Uhura's case she was a repro of her "70s counterpart", ALFRED Pennyworth was brand new & should of been closer to all previous/concurrent FTC WGH releases IMHO!

^^ Rash Al Ghul & Com. Gordon prototype heads look WAY TOO BIG to me! I admit they are not shown on a body, but they appear just as BIG & Badly scaled to Alfred's prototype head.....which leaves me expecting to be VERY disappointed, but HOPING to be sho kingly surprised, when I see final pics of Ras & C. Gordon.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

"C'mon Al. I'm old enough to have a drink now."

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 11, 2014

Agreed, but it may have been unrealistic on our parts to believe anyone was going to be able to release info before FTC intended, no matter how much in the know MickeyMoose is or is not.

I have no reason to doubt he has the access he says he has, but if he released info FTC didn't want out that access would soon dry up.

If anything his posts have been helpful reminders of previously released info located in one spot.
                        Of course I Have enough information to fill these page's up for weeks. I thank you for making this post and remark above and as I have previously stated more than once some info has to be held back for multiple different reasons . As I listed wave 3 1966 TV show all new unannounced for a reason. None of them have been brought up at anytime. This wave as well may be mixed or changed with some from wave 4. They are a knock out and something you haven't seen or heard of before. I would be releasing some information early as with my first post last night and some like I already have done in multiple different threads. Some information may have some surprises as listed with the Super Surprise and some may be just FYI or brand new releases dates even before their announced. Still this board was chosen by me because for my love of old mego's and I thought this would be a good fit. With that said their seems to be a attitude by a few that are just turning this into a huge hassle and a waste of my time. I've ignored their remarks because I did not come onto the board to argue with people. These are toys and this is suppose to be fun for everyone. It's shame, but as with everything their is always some jerk that ruins it for everybody.
                        Last edited by mickeymoosemego; Jul 17, '14, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                          Of course I Have enough information to fill these page's up for weeks. I thank you for making this post and remark above and as I have previously stated more than once some info has to be held back for multiple different reasons . As I listed wave 3 1966 TV show all new unannounced for a reason. None of them have been brought up at anytime. This wave as well may be mixed or changed with some from wave 4. They are a knock out and something you haven't seen or heard of before. I would be releasing some information early as with my first post last night and some like I already have done in multiple different threads. Some information may have some surprises as listed with the Super Surprise and some may be just FYI or brand new releases dates even before their announced. Still this board was chosen by me because for my love of old mego's and I thought this would be a good fit. With that said their seems to be a attitude by a few that are just turning this into a huge hassle and a waste of my time. I've ignored their remarks because I did not come onto the board to argue with people. These are toys and this is suppose to be fun for everyone. It's shame, but as with everything their is always some jerk that ruins it for everybody.
                          Most of us are expecting the first Super Powers wave for September or shortly thereafter. So I hope your 'super' surprise is more about a Superman wave. Any announcement about Super Powers is expected, not a surprise.

Everyone here is happy if you can provide any info but honestly almost everything you've posted here is stuff we've already known for a while. Not saying you aren't connected to FTC, but it's human nature to question until we see results.

I am cautiously optimistic that your info is correct.
                          Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Jul 17, '14, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

This morning on Twitter AFTER Mickey posted last night FTC tweeted "we're going to have some awesome new reveals this week. hopefully today." Conan, Tarzan, and super surprise?

Mickey, thanks for you're FTC info so far, I'll take any I can get!

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Mickey, you name-dropped Space Ghost then came back with a collection of known facts and given waves. Space Ghost is a huge deal as that's part of a new license and wouldn't be on the docket for close to a year.

If that's right, you know more than you're allowed to say and the timing of when you were going to put that info out, now combined with the FTC tweet just makes it all curious. So when you decided to set yourself up as FTC's proxy, you should have expected doubt when you opted to omit details.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 6, 2014

To be completely fair to mickeymousemego I have learned a few brand new things from his posts, & I have scoured these threads since FTC original announcements:
                                There's BRAND NEW INFO I've never seen b4 his posts:

BATMAN 1966:
                                1. Commissioner GORDON
                                2. Chief O'HARA
                                3. Alfred (Napier)
                                All 3 were never announced & even go against the recent interview where FTC said they don't know if they'll make "Guys in Suits" ....or something like that!
                                We KNEW Batgirl was sculpted & assumed a Barbara Gordon fig would come, but it was unannounced, so mickeymoose did say she'll be along later.

Tarazan, Jane & Torak were known, but I NEVER saw *MERIEM or announced or even hinted at! So that's new. 1 ?....who is Meriem?

invisiblelad
                                Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 17, '14, 1:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎