Career Member
    • May 1, 2014

What we NEED is this --

... just sayin'.

Comment

• SentientApe
      Career Member
      • May 1, 2014

...Actually, now I need to look again at those screaming Anchorman head sculpts...

Comment

• rlkrefft
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 14, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
        well predicting what figures may be made is far different than actually knowing which one's are being made and knowing when their coming out is also very important. Stay Tuned.
        Wave 3 should be Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, King Tut and Mad Hatter. I hope so anyway. Mad Hatter looked all but done, Mr. Freeze head was finished the rest shouldn't be too long off. Catwoman is the last major villain that needs to be done, and IMO is the most important of all the ones left to do, she for sure deserves to be in wave 3. King Tut is my second choice being the next most important villain that hasn't been done yet, and I am so excited to see him. I think he will make for a stunning figure. If there are more exclusives, my hopes are Riddler in his jacket/hat, Surfer Batman, Surfer Joker, and more Catwomen and Mr. Freeze figures.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by rlkrefft
          Wave 3 should be Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, King Tut and Mad Hatter. I hope so anyway. Mad Hatter looked all but done, Mr. Freeze head was finished the rest shouldn't be too long off. Catwoman is the last major villain that needs to be done, and IMO is the most important of all the ones left to do, she for sure deserves to be in wave 3. King Tut is my second choice being the next most important villain that hasn't been done yet, and I am so excited to see him. I think he will make for a stunning figure. If there are more exclusives, my hopes are Riddler in his jacket/hat, Surfer Batman, Surfer Joker, and more Catwomen and Mr. Freeze figures.
          IMO Wave 3 should be

Mr Freeze
          Mad hatter
          CatWoman
          Batgirl

Wave 4
          King Tut
          Bookworm
          Removable cowl Batman
          Removable mask Robin

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I want BATGIRL in Wave 3! I want ALL the Batvillians but I want:

Wave 3

Batgirl
            Catwoman (Julie)
            Mad Hatter
            Mr Freeze

Of course I want King Tut!

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

*mickeymoosemego...... Hey I want to THANK YOU for getting us some highly anticipated answers to our FTC ???s !!!!!!!!!!!

Like rlkrefft, I would LOVE to know when BATMAN 66 wave#3 is due out & who will it comprise of, but here are my biggest ???s:

1.) Will there DEFINITELY be an EARTHA KITT Catwoman? If YES, would she be more likely in a regular WAVE of 66 figures or an EXCLUSIVE? (I NEED Eartha Kitt CW BADLY!)

2.) Is a LEE MERIWETHER Catwoman also a DEFINITE Batman 66 figure coming? Again, would she be a regular fig. release or Exclusive?

3.) If Eartha KITT or Lee MERIWETHER Catwoman are exclusives would they be PRICED HIGHER like the Variant exclusives due to LOWER production runs? *Or due to costume & accessories being exactly the same, will the Price stay at the $24.99 ?

4.) Is the Other 2 Mr. FREEZE figures planned as well? Or maybe just 1 more, & if so Which actor?

5.) Will Character NECESSARY WEAPONS/accessories be included w/ some figures? Mr. FREEZE Freeze GUNS, Shane's Guns & PENGUIN's Umbrella are necessary & NOT ALL customers plan to buy the higher priced accessory packs due to price unfortunately.* Also Eartha Kitt CW's gold Cat-Gun is AWESOME as well as Julie Newmar CW's Whip/Cat-o-9-tails would possibly be cheap pack-ins as well?

6.) VILLIAN's MASKS going forward, FTC- *PLEASE make them REMOVABLE! I know I will NOT be able to purchase each CATWOMAN (or others) both with Painted/Molded on MASKs -and- then REMOVABLE MASK versions to see the beautiful sculpts on Newmar's & Kitt's CATWOMAN faces! (& if they are made Meriwether).

WGH (World's Greatest HEROES)

7.) Will NEW characters that MEGO never made keep getting OVER-SIZED HEADS that ALFRED has now, & BOTH Commissioner GORDON & Ras Al GHUL DEFINITELY have in their shown prototypes? I do not LOVE or ever collect (unless CLEARANCE PRICED) ANY Bif Bang Pow's (BBP) figures due to their HUGE NON-Mego looking HEADS (-SMDM Oscar + Fembot which were sized normally) & unfortunately I (along with many other collector's I talk to) will not continue to BUY future FTC NEW WGH releases like Ras & Com. GORDON IF they are not in scale with all the previous FTC re-Mego releases. **Is FTC going to shrink those 2 sculpts & going forward make sure all the heads are in proportion & IN SCALE to their mego reproductions ???

8.) Is FTC aware that many (if not ALL) Batman retro wave#3 BATGIRL figures have incorrectly assembled NECKS where they were SEALED in the CHEST/torso cavity incorrectly & there is NO possible way to pull them out to make her look even remotely like their PROTOTYPE pictures or MEGO's BEAUTIFUL Batgirl?

9.) Is there a reason BATGIRL was given the incorrect short yellow Invisiblegirl boots they sell on their CTVT website instead of the correct (& much more accurate + appealing) YELLOW mego female HERO Boot ???? *9B.) Is WONDER WOMAN going to have RED MEGO Female HERO BOOTS like in her "prototype" pic or will she suffer w/ the incorrect short RED Invisiblegirl boots offered on CTVT website instead like they did w/ Batgirl? *which brings me to my LAST ????

10). It "APPEARS" real MEGO's or a mix-match of real Vintage Mego figure (w/ FTC/CTVT parts) are used for FTC's promotional shots/advertisements, & in my case (& other collector's I know) this has caused inevitable disappointment in the END results of the FTC figures appearance due to the subtle-to-glaring differences from the PICTURES used to pre-order & what is delivered as FINAL product. I understand materials & such are different today, as well as some toy-making procedures I'm sure, but are FTC using Mego figures in there Pre-Sale pics for the WGH although the pics are stated as prototypes? I find these to be AWESOME figures & reproductions, rather than "exact replicas of their 70s counterparts".

***FINALLY, TELL FTC I am so very HAPPY & AMAZED with their products! I am truly LOVING being able to recollect my 1st SUPERHERO toys I ever had as a toddler! I see the BODIES are getting better (Except BATGIRLs unfortunately) & I find their customer service AMAZING in addressing the problems I've encountered! So FTC is making my long standing nostalgic TOY dreams Come TRUE! I hope they continue making these for years to come! I also hope for Super-Friends Legion Of Doom figures due to me not really liking the Newer more realistic designs as much as I do the Cuteness of the originals! But bring them all on, COMIC accurate & FILMATION/Superfriends inspired FTC Mego's!

Thanks, invisiblelad (believe it or not, a HAPPY customer!).

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 11, 2014

Thanks for posting these questions. I have a meeting with them tomorrow. I have brought most of these issue's up to them, but you did list a few new one's. I will try to get good solid answers for everyone. Some may get answers tomorrow and then other questions will be answered as details are worked out. This may be news to some but one of the owners is a hard core old time Mego collector and that is the real reason these items are being made. He's a great guy and love's the old product as we all do. In making these figures old and new ones their is bound to be a slight learning curve but I'm sure they will make some adjustments for the best.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                  This may be news to some but one of the owners is a hard core old time Mego collector and that is the real reason these items are being made. He's a great guy and love's the old product as we all do. In making these figures old and new ones their is bound to be a slight learning curve but I'm sure they will make some adjustments for the best.
                  I think Anthony's love of Megos is a big reason why the line is doing so well. His love of the line is a big reason why when FTC has made subtle changes (emblems part of the suit vs stickers, vinyl capes instead of fabric, Dick's sweater has real buttons) to character design, it's usually been an improvement. The second thing they are doing is listening to what the customers want. The bodies have improved, the packaging has improved, they are releasing the figures we are asking for. They have definitely made some mistakes, but those mistakes are for the most part being corrected because they care enough to listen.

Plus signing on The Farrow was a major coup. His work is amazing.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ THANK You SOOOO So VERY MUCH mikeymoosemego! I appreciate it & I'm sure many others (if not most/all) do as well!!!!!

Comment

• drogge
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

I have faith in you Mickeymoosemego, just spill the beans... Tomorrow, seems so far away but I will gladly wait.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Oh I did remember an 11th ? (sorry to add even more lol)

11.) Will there be communication w/ the FTC Factory to IMPROVE PAINT APPS please???? *-BOTH my x2 Catwoman figures have BADLY disproportionate Pupils (1 LARGE + 1 tiny) making it look like she's had a stroke! It's distracting to me. All AQUALAD figs I've seen (including BOTH of mine) has 1 LARGER & misplaced Eye. I have 1 of 2 Wondergirl's with a BAD eye paint job & 2 of my 3 Batgirls have BADY painted eyes, with 1 so BAD she looks HORRIBLE w/ her having one eye on her bottom eyelid & 1 at the uppermost top of her opposite eyelid making her look visually disabled...a liability when fighting crime! ----(OK except for maybe Dr. Midnight & Daredevil) (& more I'm sure)

**11.B) Production pics clearly show BATGIRL had nice neatly flipped HAIR in mego-fashinoned Clear headbands, this kept BATGIRL's hair A.) neat, B.) looked Vintage MEGO-accurate & C.) would have *Protected her Domino Mask's PAINT from scraping by her removable COWL (evident on 2 of my Batgirls). *Can we expect Mego-like Cear HEADBANDS on future female figures? Were the factory workers supposed to leave the clear headbands on, but mistakingly took them off causing the mask's paint being slightly scraped & her unruly hair flips?

THANK YOU AGAIN! I will refrain from any future ???s unless answers to everyone's ???s have been answered or you personally ask for more! At least that's my short-tern promise for now! Again I must say: THANKS FTC & Thanks mickeymoose!

***Oh Agree the silkscreened BATMAN & Robin emblems are VERY MUCH GREAT IMPROVEMENTS as far as I'm concerned!
                        Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 15, '14, 5:18 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

Thanks, Mickey! Do you know what time of day tomorrow you will be posting the new info?

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

WELL ,looks as if you are our spy,i thank you for all the imfo,its great,i would like to ask.
                            1.when will the "8"gilligans island figures be out?,its been over a year since they announced them,Also
                            for Tarzan & Conan.2.will the whole cast of Gilligans get produced ?,its never been done before.
                            3.will Figures ever do I dream of Jeannie?,Bewitched,Hogans Heros or Isis? .Well i think you folks are
                            doing a wonderful job ,looking forward to all the worlds greatest heros & Bats 66 and the Monkees.4 any
                            chance of the Partridge family?Addams family tv?well thanks Mickey your a good spy.
                            ?

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I Dream of Jeannie would be really cool to see in this format. all you need are four figures too -- a whole series!

Bewitched might be fun too.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 14, 2010

Some questions I would like to know:

1. I am another one who would like all 3 Mr. Freeze characters and all 3 Catwoman characters. plus both Riddler's and Miss Kitka.

2. Frank's Riddler in jacket and hat.

3. Masks on all Catwoman figures, o.k. If removable, but please include them.

4. Villain accessories.

5. Green Hornet and Kato...are we closer to maybe getting them?

6. False Face?

7. Commissioner Gordon and Alfred?

8. Surfer Batman and Surfer Joker?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍