Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC-EXCLUSIVE! Limited Edition FTC JOKER IN OPERA OUTFIT from TOYCADE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Heh, is fanboy a slur? We're all on a doll forum.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by MIB41
      I think what you're seeing is a respect coming from many who've had the opportunity to meet him personally at Toy Fairs and the annual Meet. I believe the overwhelming consensus is Doc has earned his keep in this industry. Like others, he has put out loads of quality product and has integrity, so his reputation is solid. As to this latest effort, I wish him the very best. But like anything in business, a product's merits won't be based on personal admiration for it's maker. Product and price point either finds it's audience or it doesn't. Doc has been on both sides of that equation. We'll see if this idea finds a target audience at that price point. That being said, it's always easier to throw out comments to a nameless, faceless entity, than to someone you've met and feel like you know. I can see merits on both sides of that perspective too.
      Oh Doc seems to be a great guy and I think the 3 'figures' approach to the set is a pretty creative way to get around the 'one figure for $80' mandate from Marvel or whoever. To your point, we will cut companies more slack if we know the people that work at those companies. If Doc was working with FTC now, the criticism of those figures would fall dramatically for the same reason.

I've said this before, but I hope the 3-pack figures are a huge success. I probably won't buy but maybe Thor and Iron Man, but if these figures sell more, that opens up more opportunities for us to get more figures. Same thing with FTC, I am really not into the Batman 66 figures, but I hope every wave is a hard sellout.

My dream is that this time next year we are still talking about several more waves coming out from FTC and several more sets coming from DST. We're having a great ride right now and I want to see it last as long as possible.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

It is at my work. Even though the irony is they are fanboys themselves and are in denial.
        Originally posted by palitoy

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
          Brian they're "action figures". Please don't derail years of brainwashing trying to remove that vile term.

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

Just to prove a point....if FTC made a Limited run of TV Batman with Pink cowl,........................would you be willing to pay the aprox. 40.00 for it?????? Or lets say,..a Molly head on a Robin body?? Or the Riddler in his trademark dress suit and beanie??? hmmmmmm...

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

I think what you're seeing is a respect coming from many who've had the opportunity to meet him personally at Toy Fairs and the annual Meet. I believe the overwhelming consensus is Doc has earned his keep in this industry. Like others, he has put out loads of quality product and has integrity, so his reputation is solid. As to this latest effort, I wish him the very best. But like anything in business, a product's merits won't be based on personal admiration for it's maker. Product and price point either finds it's audience or it doesn't. Doc has been on both sides of that equation. We'll see if this idea finds a target audience at that price point. That being said, it's always easier to throw out comments to a nameless, faceless entity, than to someone you've met and feel like you know. I can see merits on both sides of that perspective too.
              I think the other reason people forgive the price point on Doc's Marvel figures is: he owned it. He admitted the price is not where he wished it was, but it was a restriction of the license, and so they had to great creative. Once you understand the constraints involved, the price makes sense. That doesn't mean people have to like it, or be willing to pay it... but it does stop the complaining.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by captact
                Just to prove a point....if FTC made a Limited run of TV Batman with Pink cowl,........................would you be willing to pay the aprox. 40.00 for it?????? Or lets say,..a Molly head on a Robin body?? Or the Riddler in his trademark dress suit and beanie??? hmmmmmm...
                Interesting ideas, but I'm not so sure forum surveys have much merit when it comes to releasing new figures. I've seen lines perform in direct contrast to opinions provided here, so it's difficult to know when you've reached a consensus that can be trusted. Just look at the price point change on this variant? They dropped the price a whopping 25%. So clearly there was plenty of room for price shopping since demand was low. And who is to say that drop changed the fortunes of this figure? Who is to say this figure will even be made if enough orders are not filled? So I'm not sure it's a done deal, or to even suggest future characters since this "exclusive" is off to a sluggish start. Lets see if this horse even makes it out of the gate first.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by captact
                  In general, an obscure variation of an existing character really doesn't interest me.

Now if FTC offered Cheetah as an exclusive figure only, I'd be all over it. If they offered Wonder Woman with some custume variation as an exclusive, I'm probably not interested.

Comment

• Agent4125
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 23, 2007

I tried to place an order for the Joker, but it seems that you can only create
                    an account for a US address on the toycade.com page.
                    Don't tell me, they cannot ship internationally?

Comment

• ubermanx
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 3, 2013

Brian they're "action figures". Please don't derail years of brainwashing trying to remove that vile term.
                      MartinFigures.jpg

Aww .. yeah !!

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ubermanx
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11632[/ATTACH]

Aww .. yeah !!
                        Classic!

Comment

• ubermanx
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 3, 2013

Okay ...

One of the Entertainment Earth Exclusives is being announced with a photo tomorrow. I am not telling what it is but pricing is very nice IMHO compared to the Opera Joker with a suggested retail price of $34.99. I suspect THIS is the Exclusive most folks will be interested in if execution is nice. I bought a case of 12 with delivery expected sometime in September, hopefully in time for Mego North.

During our discussion we chatted about Pagliacci Joker as well as the fact that another company, so far not mentioned, will be offering a two pack Batman vs. Riddler in boxing trunks, gloves and robes.

I was also told that more exclusives will be forthcoming ...

- Marty
                          Last edited by ubermanx; Jul 9, '14, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ubermanx
                            Okay ...

One of the Entertainment Earth Exclusives is being announced with a photo tomorrow. I am not telling what it is but pricing is very nice IMHO compared to the Opera Joker with a suggested retail price of $34.99. I suspect THIS is the Exclusive most folks will be interested in if execution is nice. I bought a case of 12 with delivery expected sometime in September, hopefully in time for Mego North.

During our discussion we chatted about Pagliacci Joker as well as the fact that another company, so far not mentioned, will be offering a two pack Batman vs. Riddler in boxing trunks, gloves and robes.

I was also told that more exclusives will be forthcoming ...

- Marty
                            Sounds like these are all for the Batman 66 line?

Comment

• ubermanx
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 3, 2013

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              Sounds like these are all for the Batman 66 line?
                              Yeah, sorry, definitely Batman '66 ...

BatBoxingRiddler.jpg

- Marty
                              Last edited by ubermanx; Jul 9, '14, 2:41 PM.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 16, 2014

No umbrella with the Penguin figure, no clown mask with this Joker, I smell a VILLIAN accessory pack! HOLY 70 MORE BUCKS BATMAN!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎