Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC-EXCLUSIVE! Limited Edition FTC JOKER IN OPERA OUTFIT from TOYCADE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osker55
    Booyaaa
    • Aug 8, 2011

There down to 17 in stock and I kinda wanna get 1 is really neat looking should I get 1
    Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
    AHI wolfman moc
    Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
    Kresge moc WGSH
    Other stuff to update

Comment

• Troy
      All Around Nice Guy
      • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by cyberjerk
      I just got a Toycade email update that my preorder will have a price reduction to $37.95
      Totally down with this! It's an edition of 500, the figure is double the regular price, vrey common for an exclusive. AND it's a Mego (ok, ''ish") of the Batman TV show!!! No brainer here

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

that price change ,changed my mind ,so i ordered one,they said my order number was 66.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

Just pre-ordered 1 Opera Joker for $47.95 including shipping cost! Not bad price for exclusive limited to 500! Glad it was $37.95 instead of $50! Wonder if there will be other Joker variants exclusives like those listed in FTC 66 Batman press release when FTC announced its new Megos April 16, 2013? Like Joker in baseball uniform?

I don't mind VARIANTS as EXCLUSIVES like PINK cowl Batman, Surfer Batman and Joker, etc, but NOT MAIN characters not even different actresses who played Catwoman!

Expecting DC WGSH exclusives, too! PLENTY of ALTERNATE DC characters even costumes alone! And OBSCURE characters like Ambush Bug! 2015 is DC's 80th anniversary time to celebrate! Dig out DC Who's Who for reference!

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

From what I was told they are going to release the three Catwomen as seperate figures and both Riddlers. Now there is no word if we are going to get the Frank in his Riddler business suit.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

YAY ALL 3 Catwomen! Is Batgirl still a go and what about a Barbara Gordon alter ego?

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

That price reduction did it for me. $37.95 makes better sense for a limited release. I put my order in.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

Does your credit card get charged now or later when it ships?

Comment

• Troy
                    All Around Nice Guy
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    From what I was told they are going to release the three Catwomen as seperate figures and both Riddlers. Now there is no word if we are going to get the Frank in his Riddler business suit.
                    I hope so! I also hope we see all three versions of Mr. Freeze! They can't go too deep with this line for me

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by magyar1964
                      Does your credit card get charged now or later when it ships?
                      I just checked and nothing has been charged yet. Of course it's early so it may hit later. I'll check again tomorrow and see if anything has run.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                        For $50? Probably so.
                        Agree, it's the $50 price. Note as soon as everyone found out it was reduced to $37.50, the complaining mostly stopped.

I still think if FTC was doing the Marvel figs at $80 for 3 the howling would have been 10 times worse, I think Doc Mego being associated with the project is causing a lot of fanboys here to overlook complaining about the price.

$38 for a figure means you are paying $13 for it to be limited to 500 pieces. I think that's worth it. I'm not collecting the line so I won't buy it but if they did a similar exclusive for WGSH at that pricepoint I'd be in.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

For a limited exclusive, the price isn't bad. Lower runs means a higher price per item. And if there are to be variants (which allows re-use of the molds, a way of spreading out tooling costs), this is the way to go. Episode specific looks allows for some extra figures and the above cited re-use, but many won't see them as essential as long as there's the widely available regular version. There's no way around the lure of exclusive figures to both the toy maker and the toy seller, so if they must be, best they are something like this rather than a unique character. THat said, I'm in for this figure.

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

Is this costume readily available in thier parts site?, or specially created for this figure?

Comment

• rykerw1701
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 27, 2007

I jumped on this when I saw it. I don't think the $37.95 price is that bad for a limited exclusive, and I have to think there are at least 500 of us really into this line. It's a completely different outfit, not just a one accessory type exclusive. And we all have access to it, so no standing outside Toys R Us waiting for it to open so we can sprint to the toy aisle. Which is not a pretty picture, btw.

I'm not sure if I'm a going to be a completest on this line or not. As it was pointed out before, that's where you can get into trouble collecting. Maybe no Surfs Up Batman or something, we'll see. I didn't bother with it on the Mattel line.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                                I still think if FTC was doing the Marvel figs at $80 for 3 the howling would have been 10 times worse, I think Doc Mego being associated with the project is causing a lot of fanboys here to overlook complaining about the price.
                                I think what you're seeing is a respect coming from many who've had the opportunity to meet him personally at Toy Fairs and the annual Meet. I believe the overwhelming consensus is Doc has earned his keep in this industry. Like others, he has put out loads of quality product and has integrity, so his reputation is solid. As to this latest effort, I wish him the very best. But like anything in business, a product's merits won't be based on personal admiration for it's maker. Product and price point either finds it's audience or it doesn't. Doc has been on both sides of that equation. We'll see if this idea finds a target audience at that price point. That being said, it's always easier to throw out comments to a nameless, faceless entity, than to someone you've met and feel like you know. I can see merits on both sides of that perspective too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎