Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC-EXCLUSIVE! Limited Edition FTC JOKER IN OPERA OUTFIT from TOYCADE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

Originally posted by The Toyroom
    What th'? No interest in these variants. I'd rather see them extend the line with generic henchmen for Penguin, Joker and Catwoman. Simple enough, same outfit but swap out a few different thug heads.
    I'm actually using my Mego repro original Riddler as a thug for the '66 version Riddler.

Originally posted by enyawd72
    I'm not sure why all the doom and gloom over this particular figure. This is perfect and what an exclusive figure should be. Not popular or mainstream enough to warrant a large production run, and not a figure everyone wants or needs in their collection. Just a fun variant for the handful of completists who will actually want it.
    People are worried because exclusives are a slippery slope and lots of collectors have been burned by them before. Hopefully this Joker exclusive is a special case.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Did we learn NOTHING from Playmates 1701 fiasco? I think not.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

I wonder if its an exclusive of 450, with nine outlets carrying it.. each witha count of 50?
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

i remember the playmates star trek fiasco,i collected those figures and still have them ,but i hated the
          limited runs on some of those,i wanted a completed collection not a part time job trying
          to hunt them down and paying high prices for them.still since its at that sight and its a retro mego
          ill have to think about it ,its tempting,i just hope figures doesnt pull a playmates anymore.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

For a figure like this, I'd rather have a costume pack similar to Action Jackson in the old days.

Comment

• jimsmegos
              Mego Dork
              • Nov 9, 2008

I'd be curious to see the packaging. Still don't want it and wouldn't pay $50 for it for sure but I do think its cool for the folks who are into exclusives to get a shot at this "investment".

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                I'd be curious to see the packaging. Still don't want it and wouldn't pay $50 for it for sure but I do think its cool for the folks who are into exclusives to get a shot at this "investment".
                I havent been collecting the 66 figures but I think I would like it better if the packaging was different from the regular line. Then it doesn't feel like you are 'missing out' as much if you don't get it.

Comment

• cyberjerk
                  • Nov 28, 2013

I just got a Toycade email update that my preorder will have a price reduction to $37.95

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

I'm amazed at all the hatred towards the figure. Will that be the reaction to the pink cowl Batman and Surfer Batman should they happen?
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jimsmegos
                      Mego Dork
                      • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by ScottA
                      I'm amazed at all the hatred towards the figure. Will that be the reaction to the pink cowl Batman and Surfer Batman should they happen?
                      For $50? Probably so.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                        Permanent Member
                        • Mar 7, 2011

[TIP][/TIP]
                        Originally posted by cyberjerk
                        I just got a Toycade email update that my preorder will have a price reduction to $37.95
                        I just received e mail notification as well, well not just now at 9:55

Thank you so much for your order! I wanted to let you know that there will be a price reduction for this figure! The price will reduce from $49.95 to $37.95. You will see this update on your invoice when your order ships. Thanks again!

Who knows maybe it drops again before it's all over.
                        Last edited by Bronxboykev; Jul 8, '14, 9:37 PM.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                          Custom Mego Maker
                          • Jun 3, 2007

I love it!
                          Its perfect!
                          Great replica of an awesome episode!

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by ScottA
                            Hatred seems a bit of a harsh assessment of valid concerns about price and over saturation of a figure.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

I just got the note too. Makes me happy.

As far as variants, I will more than likely get them. These are New Megos getting released, even if they release the pink cowl Batman as an exclusive. I used to collect JLU and have a complete collection including the variants so of course I am going to collect the Megos. I am waiting on the classic Earth 2 version to get released from the Batman line.
                              Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 8, '14, 11:28 PM.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 24, 2009

I can see how someone who wants to collect them all can be bothered by this limited editions. I personally am practically in therapy trying trying to hold back my completest leanings. I am now taking it one series at a time and trying to only buy the figures I really want. I can thank the almighty dollar for that! With all of the great figures coming out in Mego format I just can't afford to buy them all! From the looks of the comments, many here are not interested in this kind of variant for this kind of price. Hopefully, that means that FTC will be able to meet the demand for this figure without burning those who really want to get it. What would really get me steamed up would be seeing a desirable figure like a Teen Titan scale Robin being released in limited quantity!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎