Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

^ Hey Willykfg....for my wave 1 body issues (every single 1 broke where the right arm fell off due to softer malleable plastic & super tight stringing) I called them! Explained how some broke off in package. They must be smart & figured I didn't open up 8 FTC BATMAN WAVE 1 figures at $25 each & decided to turn them & turn them "to see if they would break" as 1 member suggested on another thread about JediJaida thinking they were "cursed"! I lol'd at the absurdity of that seemingly passive-aggressive suggestion! ***CALL Them willy! No1 wants to deal w/ some1 B****ing in there ear on the phone lol! For real....I was stern, honest, ready & willing to provide photographic proof & was ready 2 be unyielding! But I didn't need 2 be. I got my replacements.....it probably didn't hurt I was making a $250 order & said to scrap my whole order if he was denied the ability to send me replacements once they got my evidence & he asked his boss! Both he & I were polite, & he would not have to ask his boss to clear my replacement bodies request if I were asking for only 1 or 2 bodies. I'm VERY happy with my end result! I have not called about my x3 Batgirls & x1 Wondergirl w/ incorrectly assembled necks & super loose knee respectively. I should call soon & will be happy with just x1 female body for my opened play/display Batgirl & 1 teen girl body for my loose Wonder Girl! Unfortunately they are not selling Batgirl/WGeads, because I have some badly painted eyes....' They were BAD, & I'm not just nitpicking! Lol!
    *Good Luck willy! Report back too!
    Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 17, '14, 5:51 PM.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by willykfg
      I contacted them via their contact link on the website last week but never got a response.
      I emailed them as well about sending a replacement body for my BG and haven't heard anything from them. All I want is a body that is assembled correctly for the $24.00 plus that I paid for it then I'm a happy camper.

Comment

• willykfg
        Museum Patron
        • Apr 24, 2010

I ended up splitting one side of the torso by the neck and pulling the neck out. Then I superglued it back together.

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

I ended up splitting one side of the torso by the neck and pulling the neck out. Then I superglued it back together.
          Hey willykfg...... what did you use to split the torso? Was it hard to do? How much did you have to cut/split to get the neck out? Do you think it's permanently fixed & sealed for good w/ the super glue? Thanks for any info U can give me!

Comment

• willykfg
            Museum Patron
            • Apr 24, 2010

PM sent to invisiblelad regarding fix...I can post it if anyone's interested I just figured most of us are pretty handy with this kind of thing & didn't really know if it was appropriate to post in this thread.

Comment

• silveralex
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 22, 2012

I'd be interested in seeing the fix, definitely!

Comment

• willykfg
                Museum Patron
                • Apr 24, 2010

***WARNING*** this fix could damage your figure I used a small flat blade screwdriver and inserted it between the figure's neck and back. I wiggled the screwdriver slightly until the shoulder separated on one side. Next I pulled the neck up until it was outside the shoulders and then super glued the split back together holding it with a clamp until the glue set.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

***WARNING*** this fix could damage your figure I used a small flat blade screwdriver and inserted it between the figure's neck and back. I wiggled the screwdriver slightly until the shoulder separated on one side. Next I pulled the neck up until it was outside the shoulders and then super glued the split back together holding it with a clamp until the glue set.
                  I'm willing to try this fix but does the superglue really hold it well? Wonder if you submerged it in hot water first if that would help soften the neck hole/back/shoulder area? Either way, it sounds like it would be worth a shot.

Comment

• firestarcomics
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jun 19, 2014

Bad hair is never a good think but sometimes you can fix it?

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by firestarcomics
                      Bad hair is never a good think but sometimes you can fix it?
                      you can. I posted pics of B4 & after my re-styling on page 2 ....the hair can be saved, although my MIB Catwoman, x2 Batgirl, & Wondergirl look BAD in their sealed packages....w/ BAD hair & BAD face paint....wonky eyes....REALLY WONKY! I lol about it, but not at this price!

Comment

• willykfg
                        Museum Patron
                        • Apr 24, 2010

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                        I'm willing to try this fix but does the superglue really hold it well? Wonder if you submerged it in hot water first if that would help soften the neck hole/back/shoulder area? Either way, it sounds like it would be worth a shot.
                        I didn't try the hot water trick on mine but it may work. I think the super glue will hold up well since this seems to be a hard type of plastic that is used on the torsos...I originally just swapped the heads between Catwoman & Batgirl and even Dinah Mite got involved. It's complicated...LOL

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎