X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Solomon Kane Movie

I just finally saw this on netflix, it was made a few years ago but legal problems kept it from wider release it seems. My friend did some work on it, so him telling me about the character had me intrigued.

It's quite good, I liked it way better than most films of this ilk.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • plaztekman
    Career Member
    • Apr 27, 2008

My opinion: I thought it was pretty good. Interesting origin. Decent actors, Good effects. I thought Direction and Editing were the weak points.
    Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Very decent movie. Saw it during its UK theatrical release, and bought the Blu-ray, too.
      Definitely one of the better REH adaptations.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Who is the villain in it?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, I had read some of his stories and comics when I was a teen but didn't even know they recently made a Solomon Kane movie. I'll have to check this out...

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Who is the villain in it?
            An evil sorcerer named Malachi. There's also Malachi lieutenant the Masked Rider, who has ties to Kane, but I don't want to spoil anything for you by telling you who that is.

Man, I would have loved it if Hot Toys had made a James Purefoy Solomon Kane figure. Maybe someone like Art Figures or Asmus will make a knock-off.

Comment

• GHVersion12
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 28, 2012

I had no idea this movie existed it is definitely on my to see list.
              Looking for Mego Thor Helmet and Hammer.
              Mego 12 inch Captain America shield
              Flash Gordon Megos
              Mego Joker original shoes
              Cast-A-way toys Phantom
              Remco Frankenstein boots
              Mego Isis Sandals
              Tarzan suit

Hello My name is John and I am a MEGOholic.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'd like to see it, too. I was wondering about the villain in light of the REH stories & what FTC might consider. Thanks Torgo.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I watched it on Netflix a while back, I liked it. thought it was pretty well made

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

I just watched this a few minutes ago and it was pretty darn good. It's mostly a paint by numbers film, as are all of this genre, but it's well done and looks as good as a lot of theatrical feature releases. I might just have to purcahse this. Consider me impressed, and as picky as I usually am, that's saying something.
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• mazinz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 2, 2007

The whole theatrical deal with this was weird. I saw it a number of years ago from the PAL UK dvd. I remember it being entertaining. At least it finally was given some release in the US on blu and dvd
                      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• alex
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 15, 2009

I watched this a few years ago, and enjoyed it as well, I just remember the baddie at the end had poor CGI

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

In the supplementary material, there was talk of sequels, at least one of which would involve Kane's adventures in Africa, where several of the original REH stories were set. Hope they can still go ahead with those somehow. Purefoy has said he would gladly reprise the role, if I recall.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, Africa and the Barbary Coast if I recall--it's been so long since I read "Red Shadows." There are only a handful of SK stories, I have them all in one volume from Donald E. Grant.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

You can still get this on DVD at Wal-Mart for about $5. I watched this years ago and had been following it. It really is a shame that it took so long to hit the American Shores. I would have loved to have seen the sequal to it. What is strange is it did well in Europe.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎