Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your Bat dollars ready (official batman 66 dvd/blu-ray/digital anouncement)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I haven't viewed the dvd bonuses yet, I wonder how they compare.

Many of you know how much I love Killer Moth, but I think I can live without the Batgirl test pilot...
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I am 6 episodes in. looks great. the colors are really crisp and pop at you. haven't watched any of the extras yet but after reading some of the reviews here I will have to hit that next

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Watched some more of the bonus content, and really enjoyed all of it. My only complaint is, MAN they did some bad makeup on some of the people they talked to. The Batmania Born documentary is especially bad. I thought "Gosh, Burt Ward looks awful! He's gray!" But nearly everyone is. Bruce Timm, Paul Levitz...people I've see on other things, and they look...pinkish like they should. So don't get worried for these guys, blame the makeup and lighting guys. But aside from that, great features.

The "Hanging with Batman" documentary is much better than the name suggests, and is a nice mini-biography of West, that doesn't sugar-coat his career. It covers the lean years where he'd show up to anything as Batman just for a check. He's very frank about it here.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Has anyone else noticed problems with their discs?

I watched the extras today & enjoyed them, but accessing them was intuitive because I had no menu pictures in the screen after the WB intro, only audio of the Batman theme.

I read an Amazon review noting some other formatting errors & wondered if this had occurred elsewhere...
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

UPS just delivered my Blu ray boxset! YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Me too (DVDs) But Darn it, I gotta go to work now! But tonite, NanananananananananananananaBATMAN!

Originally posted by MIB41
              UPS just delivered my Blu ray boxset! YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Congrats Brian!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I "WAHOO"ed when I saw that.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Has anyone else noticed problems with their discs?

I watched the extras today & enjoyed them, but accessing them was intuitive because I had no menu pictures in the screen after the WB intro, only audio of the Batman theme.

I read an Amazon review noting some other formatting errors & wondered if this had occurred elsewhere...
                    No, I haven't seen that, and I watched the special features disc. Might be time to get a replacement.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I have the DVD set--I did do an exchange & the same occurred. I've contacted WB Home Video customer service.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

I have the blu ray set. I watched some of the extras tonight, no issues so far

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

I've watched most of the special features today and I was thrilled with all of them. But the one that stands out above the pack is the documentary on Adam West entitled "Hanging with Batman". For me the proper tone and reflection (on Adam's part) was finally as serious as I thought it always should have been. When that was over, I felt the true weight of his iconic life. And no where was that more profound than when he reflected on how few of his peers remain alive. It gave some insight into his inner soul that, to me, has always been hidden behind that public face. I think we finally saw a piece of the real person here. It was quite good. My next favorite was the round table with Kevin Smith leading the questions. I liked the fact it was held in a restaurant with them being served dessert while they talked. It offered a relaxed tone that made the gathering very personable and entertaining to watch.

I only saw Burt Ward in one segment thus far (Batmania) and yes, he did look awful. Very unhealthy in appearance and the makeup didn't fix what ails him. But I have to tell you, the re-mastering and clean up done on this series is better than anything I have ever seen. It's impeccable. I took out the best copies I had and did a compare and those old copies were not merely bested, they were obliterated. It's as if this show was made last week. The resolution on the Blu Ray copies is breath taking. I feel like I'm rediscovering the series all over again. It nearly put a tear in my eye when I considered the massive influence of this show in my life and how I'm seeing it today in a way I NEVER saw even when I was a tiny kid in the 60's. Pure magic. And yes, I got up after a few episodes and looked at my Hot Toys and FTC figures and thought with a smile, " Oh yeah. This IS magical."
                          Last edited by MIB41; Nov 13, '14, 9:02 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Agreed Tom. The show looks OUTSTANDING. Batman's blues actually look...BLUE! Not the washed out purple seen on so many prints over the years. Even those Gotham stock footage scenes were cleaned up!

Plus, the show isn't cut to bits. The "In Color" bumper is restored (often missing from most TV airings these days), reintros from breaks aren't stomped over...it's great.

And yeah, I looked over at my Hot Toys figures a few times last night and smiled.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

Finished the first disc last night - loving this!
                              I'll echo the comments regarding the clean-up, this is a gorgeous presentation, nearly worth the wait. I had lost hope a few years ago of this show ever getting an official release, and ended up buying a bootleg set of discs via eBay (something I was a bit ashamed to do, as I am strongly against piracy). While it was a well-done set, uncut from masters, it's still amazing how much more vibrant and clear the picture is on this blu ray release.
                              One question about the Batgirl pilot - I didn't see it listed on the bonus disc contents, where exactly is it? I haven't loaded any of the bonuses yet, perhaps I should do that!

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
                                One question about the Batgirl pilot - I didn't see it listed on the bonus disc contents, where exactly is it? I haven't loaded any of the bonuses yet, perhaps I should do that!
                                It's in the bonus content disc under rarities. When you click on it in the menu section, it will produce an additional selection of specials and the Batgirl pilot is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎