Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your Bat dollars ready (official batman 66 dvd/blu-ray/digital anouncement)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FETT1
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 4, 2012

Originally posted by warlock664
    I'm really enjoying this, what a blast from the past!
    I was too young when the show originally aired to remember it, but watched it religiously via syndication on WPGH-53 (a cable network out of Pittsburgh) in my formative years in the early-mid 70's. The after-school lineup on that channel was great, and included Speed Racer and The Horrible House of Frightenstein as well. Small wonder that I was always late in finishing my homework!
    One thing I never noticed at the time was the constant re-use of the same footage of Batman and Robin emerging from the Batpoles, jumping into the Batmobile and exiting the Batcave, and arriving at police headquarters right after the intro theme. How did I never notice the same people were always walking past police headquarters, LOL !
    Hi...just gotta say...being a Canuck and the show was Canadian...THE HILARIOUS HOUSE OF FRIGHTENSTEIN...Sorry just had too ...enjoy Batman...dnnnnnnaaa. Nnnaaannn Batman
    if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I think what has struck me is how much more clarity the series has than the movie they put out on blu-ray years ago. It's really night and day difference. I don't know if the technology has gotten better or if the restoration was just more extensive, but the television series just looks beautiful.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by FETT1
        Hi...just gotta say...being a Canuck and the show was Canadian...THE HILARIOUS HOUSE OF FRIGHTENSTEIN...Sorry just had too ...enjoy Batman...dnnnnnnaaa. Nnnaaannn Batman
        Lol, sorry!
        Maybe, in retrospect, it seems more "horrible" than "hilarious" to me !

(No offense meant to FETT, Palitoy, and the rest of the Canadians here!)
        Last edited by warlock664; Nov 17, '14, 9:16 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Lol, sorry!

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

We got another Mego Museum luminary on the Blu-Ray set as well...or rather his work. In the collectibles documentary, if you look closely at Ralph Garman's cases in one of the close-ups, you can clearly see the "KAPOW" and "BOFF" work of our own pmwasson...aka Laser Mego! In fact, they are the same ones I have in front of my Hot Toys figures. I think there may be another word as well.

Congrats, Paul!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

WBHV has provided a process for me to replace my Special Features disk--fingers crossed.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• FETT1
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 4, 2012

Lol, sorry!

BILLY VAN was awesome....the characters he played...WOWZERS
                if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• mego73
                  Printed paperboard Tiger
                  • Aug 1, 2003

Hey, if any of you guys and gals got the limited edition BD set and have no use for the digital Ultra Violet codes. Can I have them. I am still stuck in physical therapy and would love to watch me some Batman, at least in the Ipad. I expect to get the set around Xmas after. I am back home.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by mego73
                    Hey, if any of you guys and gals got the limited edition BD set and have no use for the digital Ultra Violet codes. Can I have them. I am still stuck in physical therapy and would love to watch me some Batman, at least in the Ipad. I expect to get the set around Xmas after. I am back home.
                    That's a tall ask the code alone sells for $60 on eBay but we do have some generous members aboard.
                    Having seen every episodes twice or more in the past I was reluctant to buy the blu rays. Luckily my local library has the first season. Penguin does have furry material on his vest and gloves. Ridder also had underware on over his tights.
                    Couldn't be happier Batman was restored and now available to future generations of fans.

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      We got another Mego Museum luminary on the Blu-Ray set as well...or rather his work. In the collectibles documentary, if you look closely at Ralph Garman's cases in one of the close-ups, you can clearly see the "KAPOW" and "BOFF" work of our own pmwasson...aka Laser Mego! In fact, they are the same ones I have in front of my Hot Toys figures. I think there may be another word as well.

Congrats, Paul!

Chris
                      Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out.

My son and I are slowing watching the episodes in order and haven't looked at the bonus material yet. However, we do point out the Onomatopoeia we have made when we see them in the fight scenes.
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎