X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

恐ろしい

Little Tokyo = Awesome! Stopped by Anime Jungle and picked up a 1/6 scale Medicom Kikaida 01. Two things caught me by surprise when I first saw it: The suit wasn't falling apart (like most of the MIB ones you see on ebay) and the box that contains the action body was empty. Turns out that Anime Jungle now has a Buy Back section. Someone bought it when it first came out ('97?), swapped out the statue body for the action body (which prevented the suit rot issue) and eventually sold it to Anime Jungle in mint condition. Got this beauty for $59 in its box with instructions and stickers.

After a violent hazing, he was accepted in the Heroes Club.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

I love your setup
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Great collection! I've always loved that Hakaider figure too. So it was the statue packaged inside the body suit that caused the suit deterioration on these? Interesting, what was that thing made out of?

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
        So it was the statue packaged inside the body suit that caused the suit deterioration on these? Interesting, what was that thing made out of?
        I'm not sure what causes the Medicom 12" Kikaida & Kikaida 01 suits to deteriorate the way they do. Could be 15+ years on that statue body without any movement that causes the paint to become brittle; no Idea. Not too long ago I bought what appeared to be a minty boxed Medicom Kikaida on ebay. There was no damage to the suit in the pictures nor when it arrived in the mail. But as soon as I took it out of the box, that suit just disintegrated in my hands. Couldn't fault the Seller because I knew I was taking that risk. I think the secret to these guys was to have taken them out of their boxes when they were released.
        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

I remember going into a toystore in Osaka or Tokyo and they had a bunch of boxed ones for approx. $30 dollars and the suits were flaking very badly. Congratulations on getting one in great condition!

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I see these Medicom figures priced very reasonably all the time over there, but sadly pass them up due to their known outfit problems.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎