X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

I almost didn't get Batman Series 3.
    I had 1 and 2. I figured I could always throw one of my Doc Mego Bat Cowls on my Bruce Wayne and - instant Batman!

But then I saw the vinyl cape and Robin looked a lot better than I thought.

The last straw was hearing it was sold out (I'm sure many others felt this too).
    I scrambled and got an order into BBTS and it arrived today!

So glad I did it.
    The figures all look great, the packaging is perfect now - (love the new card art and also that nothing's glued to them !). Robin is the standout for me.
    Yeah minor things (Alfred's head is a tiny bit too big), but nothing that prevented a big smile as I opened these.

Looking forward to Series 4. FTC has got this down now.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 23, 2011

Wave 3 has certainly disappeared pretty quick. Did a quick ebay search and couldn't find them. So glad my lcbs takes good care of me.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by silveralex
        I almost didn't get Batman Series 3.
        I had 1 and 2. I figured I could always throw one of my Doc Mego Bat Cowls on my Bruce Wayne and - instant Batman!

But then I saw the vinyl cape and Robin looked a lot better than I thought.

The last straw was hearing it was sold out (I'm sure many others felt this too).
        I scrambled and got an order into BBTS and it arrived today!

So glad I did it.
        The figures all look great, the packaging is perfect now - (love the new card art and also that nothing's glued to them !). Robin is the standout for me.
        Yeah minor things (Alfred's head is a tiny bit too big), but nothing that prevented a big smile as I opened these.

Looking forward to Series 4. FTC has got this down now.
        I've been putting in a pre-order at Big Bad the moment I see them pop up (I get a lot of stuff from there, so I just add these to my pile of loot). Seeing these consistently selling out is good news for the future of the line, especially considering how quickly this third wave disappeared. I'm really glad to see them doing so well, and I hope this and the other lines continue for a LLLOOOONNNNNGGGG time to come.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Where's the best place to get an Alfred? I've been kind of numb with all these FTC releases coming rapid fire, and it looks like I may have procrastinated a bit. I only need the Alfred.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Where's the best place to get an Alfred? I've been kind of numb with all these FTC releases coming rapid fire, and it looks like I may have procrastinated a bit. I only need the Alfred.

Chris
            BBTS has him for a descent price - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...90&mode=retail

Comment

• figureaddicted
              • Jun 29, 2014

I'm not surprised that Alfred has become scarce......much to my chagrin.....but i am a bit surprised that Batman has become even more difficult to obtain. The whole wave really turned into a home run. One that caught me off guard, as i thought i could buy at my own pace such as with waves 1 and 2. But it looks like I'll be paying a little more for this one than i thought. Hopefully, FTC will have another run of this wave. Theyd be throwing away money if they didn't

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Wow. Did not realize RM Batman sold out at BBTS too.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Got my BEST FTC package in mail today- Batman 3 and Teen Titans SETS! My 1st of each set, YES I bought more than 1 of each set!

Batman 3

RC Batman- My 1st Batman figure from 1972 when I was 2 and still my FAVORITE Batman figure! Cowl is just how I remembered it and like the vinyl cape!

RM Robin- Mego Holy Grail! Never had one! Like removeable masks on figures and RM Robin goes well with RC Batman!

Batgirl- My 1st female figure from Christmas 1975 and still my favorite Mego 8" FEMALE figure! Other than short boots, BEAUTIFUL!

Alfred- Perfect representation of Batman's loyal butler! Very detailed! Nice 1st NEW Mego DC figure!

Teen Titans are TERRIFIC! ALL of them! Perfect replicas of origiginal Mego TT! Never had them but this more than makes up for it! Cannot wait for FTC TT 7" Robin and TT Series 2 8" Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven! Titans fan for life! How about for TT Series 3 7" Beast Boy and Terra and 8" Troia and Jericho? Deathstroke is my most wanted Titans villain! TITANS TOGETHER!

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 23, 2011

Originally posted by figureaddicted
                    I'm not surprised that Alfred has become scarce......much to my chagrin.....but i am a bit surprised that Batman has become even more difficult to obtain. The whole wave really turned into a home run. One that caught me off guard, as i thought i could buy at my own pace such as with waves 1 and 2. But it looks like I'll be paying a little more for this one than i thought. Hopefully, FTC will have another run of this wave. Theyd be throwing away money if they didn't
                    FTC said Bats and Alfred are retired. Seems like a rash decision to me.

Comment

• figureaddicted
                      • Jun 29, 2014

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
                      FTC said Bats and Alfred are retired. Seems like a rash decision to me.
                      This is exactly what i meant. On one hand theres a bit of respect to be given for making the RC Bats a true homage to the Mego, by making it limited while still readily available initially. But realistically , they should keep all the new waves available a little longer before retiring anything. This line is still young and attracting new collectors, both veteran Mego enthusiasts and new retro style novices, and i think it would just stand to reason that keeping it all available when the lines picking up steam should equal more monetary success for FTC . And of course our bottom line.......more figures added to the colection in the future. Im not against figures or whole waves eventually being retired. It happens in all toylines. I just dont think nows the right time to do that. At least not with the newest wave released.
                      Last edited by figureaddicted; Jul 10, '14, 2:45 PM.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by figureaddicted
                        This is exactly what i meant. On one hand theres a bit of respect to be given for making the RC Bats a true homage to the Mego, by making it limited while still readily available initially. But realistically , they should keep all the new waves available a little longer before retiring anything. This line is still young and attracting new collectors, both veteran Mego enthusiasts and new retro style novices, and i think it would just stand to reason that keeping it all available when the lines picking up steam should equal more monetary success for FTC . And of course our bottom line.......more figures added to the colection in the future. Im not against figures or whole waves eventually being retired. It happens in all toylines. I just dont think nows the right time to do that. At least not with the newest wave released.
                        Or it could just be that demand is growing with each wave and that's why this wave is selling out so quickly. If they release a Fist Fighters wave in September it will probably sellout just as quickly and a lot of the sales will be from people that lost out on the Wave 3 and see that if they want the rest of the figures they'd better jump on them.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

The Neal Adams figures will be when I really go broke. hehehe
                          It will be hard for me to resist if they do really good head scuplts and costumes on par with what we have seen so far.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                            It will be hard for me to resist if they do really good head scuplts and costumes on par with what we have seen so far.

JeffBearCO
                            This could actually be leading to a bad scenario. Let's assume Batman Wave 4 does have a 'Neal Adams' Batman and it looks amazing. That alone will drive a lot of sales. Add in that everyone remembers how the previous wave sold out so quickly, so they will order more of this wave. Unless FTC raises the number of figures, a lot of people likely will NOT get Wave 4 figures.

Either way, I think it's time for FTC to explore at least a modest increase in production numbers.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jeffbearco

JeffBearCO
                              Same here brother! If the sculpt is good...I'll order 4 of the Neal Adams Batman figures!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

BBTS has him for a descent price - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...90&mode=retail
                                Thanks for the tip, Tom. I snagged me one. I went ahead and pre-ordered a set of 66 Series 2 from EE (through the Museum of course) as well. I don't want to get in this predicament again!

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎