Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Just got my Titans and Alfred today, and FTC knocked 'em outta the park. Never had the Titans before, so their presence fills a noticeable hole in my collection. Alfred's slick, too, though I agree with Madmarva - head needed to be rescaled a bit. The scuplt is amazing, though. Alfred's face has this slight exasperation to it, like he's gotta go patch up Batman, again, before he bleeds on the Batcave floor he JUST finished polishing.

Bring on Gordon and Ra's Al Ghul!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• plaztekman
      Career Member
      • Apr 27, 2008

yippee.... Got my Kid Flash today
      Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I am SO looking forward to Ra's al Ghul! He's one of my favorite characters.

Now if only Craig and Dave can get the Blake's 7 license, I will be very happy.
        JediJaida

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

i also got my teen titans the other day ,Figures did a great job on these ,i got two sets ,i like the way they changed the sticker idea
          on speedy and kid flash .the weakest figure is wondergirl ,i think her neck is a bit to short,but i love them,if you havent bought these yet,
          your going to miss a very nice addition to your worlds greatest heros line .

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

^^
            kid flash is great,i ment aqualads sticker change.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by JediJaida
              I am SO looking forward to Ra's al Ghul! He's one of my favorite characters.

Now if only Craig and Dave can get the Blake's 7 license, I will be very happy.
              Agreed, the Ras sculpt looks great, hope we get Talia in the wave after that.

Comment

• plaztekman
                Career Member
                • Apr 27, 2008

They do look great. The bodies are just the right tightness and scale. I still have problems with cutting off the costume to accommodate the boots and gloves. ....and the Wonder Girl figure is still bad. Personally, I'd like to see them improve on the originals, but it seems that's not what they're going for. Still, happy as a clam, here, to get new toys.

Originally posted by tllgn
                i also got my teen titans the other day ,Figures did a great job on these ,i got two sets ,i like the way they changed the sticker idea
                on speedy and kid flash .the weakest figure is wondergirl ,i think her neck is a bit to short,but i love them,if you havent bought these yet,
                your going to miss a very nice addition to your worlds greatest heros line .
                Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• willykfg
                  Museum Patron
                  • Apr 24, 2010

I had pre-ordered Wave 3 from Entertainment Earth but found them on Amazon. I ended up getting TeenTitans & Batman wave 3 for $106 each including shipping.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by plaztekman
                    They do look great. The bodies are just the right tightness and scale. I still have problems with cutting off the costume to accommodate the boots and gloves. ....and the Wonder Girl figure is still bad. Personally, I'd like to see them improve on the originals, but it seems that's not what they're going for. Still, happy as a clam, here, to get new toys.
                    The original Titan figures also had sleeves and pant legs cut short for gloves and boots. FTC is just replicating what Mego originally did.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Anyone commented yet on why the Batgirl necks are assembled wrong? The neck is caught down in the torso; it didn't slide down like the originals often did, it was assembled that way. Catwoman was put together correctly, but both of my Batgirls are like this, and it looks like all the photographed figures on the Facebook page have the same problem.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                        Permanent Member
                        • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
                        Anyone commented yet on why the Batgirl necks are assembled wrong? The neck is caught down in the torso; it didn't slide down like the originals often did, it was assembled that way. Catwoman was put together correctly, but both of my Batgirls are like this, and it looks like all the photographed figures on the Facebook page have the same problem.
                        Scott I have not yet Received mine to compare but, call FTC and voice your concern, maybe they are unaware, I have to say their customer service is second to none in my experience with them and if it is fixable they will make things right.

Comment

• willykfg
                          Museum Patron
                          • Apr 24, 2010

My Batgirl has that problem too but I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Can the neck be pulled out to where it's supposed to be without damaging the figure?

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

My Batgirl is quite "hippy"...more pear-shaped than I remember the original.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

I wonder if they are even aware that this is how they are being assembled? I'm sure they'd fix it if they knew.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                                The original Titan figures also had sleeves and pant legs cut short for gloves and boots. FTC is just replicating what Mego originally did.
                                Mego pretty much had to do it that way; the gloves and boots on the Titans were like Thor's boots, a rubbery vinyl rather than hard plastic (and they were considerably thinner than Thor's footwear to fit tighter, as well). Tucking the sleeves and legs into them would have caused some noticeable bulging. I don't think it would be as big a problem with the stiffer material Figures is using, but they are trying to duplicate the originals as much as possible, so I see why they did them this way here.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎