Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
    Alfred's head is out of proportion to the other figures.
    Agreed once again, Alfred's head is indeed slightly bigger. Not a big deal to me, the short boots on Batgirl and color of her cowl not being bright blue are far more troubling

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
      Meh. I'm sure they'll have them. I mean, I preordered 9 months ago.

Anyways, they're available at Amok Time so I grabbed a set there. I can always unload one.
      Good idea, if these start selling out everywhere there's definitely a chance to flip them and make a few bucks on eBay.

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

I really hope the figures are out there in comic and other specialty stores and that the prices remain at retail on the figures for a good while. I hope as many people that want this figures are able to get them at retail. It would help sustain the line. If the figures become hard to get, it will eventually chase away buyers. But I am preordering early now instead of waiting until they come out like I did with the first waves. They haven't been perfect but I'm comfortable enough with the quality so far to preorder.

Once FTC is making new figures, some will have complaints, but at least comparisons to the original figures won't be an issue. I think it will be easier to make nice-looking new figures than to duplicate the originals for a collector's base as knowledgable as most mego heads. If the fist fighters first wave hits this year, I believe all the original DC figures but Mxyzptlyk, Tarzan and Isis will have bee made. Not to mention Dukes, Evel Kneval and 2 waves of 66 BM. Tarzan could also make it. That would be quite an accomplishment in little more than a year's time.

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

I'm seeing "product retired" on Alfred and Removeable cowl Batman. Does this really mean no more?

Comment

• TomStrong
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2011

Well, I just ordered Batman wave 3 from Amonktime because I had a small amount of panic. Can't wait to get'em.

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Gah! I originally told myself i had zero interest in these, but my continued checking on these threads has re-ignited the Mego flame in me! I just ordered Batman Series 1, 2 & 3 and Teen Titans Series 1 from BBTS (all are listed as in-stock now). I am soooooooooo weak!

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

^join the crowd

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I'm entirely hooked on each series of this line. They have so much volume, I've resigned myself to just pre-order it all. They're not making large quantities and who knows how long they have the license? If there was ever a Mego resurgence, it is now. I don't see another one coming back around in our lifetime, so I'm enjoying this run while it lasts.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                    I'm entirely hooked on each series of this line. They have so much volume, I've resigned myself to just pre-order it all. They're not making large quantities and who knows how long they have the license? If there was ever a Mego resurgence, it is now. I don't see another one coming back around in our lifetime, so I'm enjoying this run while it lasts.
                    Well said, buddy. Well said.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TomStrong
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2011

Got my wave three in today. Man are they awesome. My little girl freaked out over Batgirl and I really liked Alfred. The mask on Robin was a little weird though. It was really thin. I thought that could have been better, but overall I love them.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by TomStrong
                        Got my wave three in today. Man are they awesome. My little girl freaked out over Batgirl and I really liked Alfred. The mask on Robin was a little weird though. It was really thin. I thought that could have been better, but overall I love them.
                        Glad you like them. I agree Robin's mask is rough, surprised they didn't go with the black mask they sell on the ClassicTVToys site. But I think BatGirl, even with the short boots, might be the best looking figure so far, the suit fits great and she looks great.

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

got my Wave 3 Bats figs in today.
                          Opened a set right away and I really dig them.
                          Kinda thinking I should get the Teen Titans too someday...or at least Kid Flash cuz I kinda like him.
                          I'll critique later ;-)

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

I really like this wave. Card art is much improved over the earlier waves.

I never liked the mego Robin, but never had the removable mask version. I like this Robin a lot. To me, it's the best of the bunch. I can not nit pick it.

On Batman, I like the deep blue color, but his cape is short and the belt still rides high. I would personally prefer Batman's cape going to the ground rather than the back of the knees, but I know the original was about the same length.

The issue with Batgirl's boots has been noted elsewhere. I think her costume could be tighter, but I actually the tighter, shorter boots is the issue with the tights bunching up.

Alfred is an excellent figure. FTC nailed the costume, very nice much like the 66 figures. I really like the head sculpt. It's Alfred, no mistaking. But, the figure suffers from large-head syndrome.

I'd rate the set a solid B. Glad I have them.
                            Last edited by madmarva; Jul 3, '14, 4:27 AM.

Comment

• WAV
                              • Jul 31, 2009

I'm not really familiar with the original removable mask Robin. How accurate is this version's mask?

Comment

• madmarva
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jul 7, 2007

I don't think it is accurate from photos I have seen. I never had the figure. Doc Mego repro mask looks closer to the photos I have seen than the FTC mask. I don't think the FTC version will be able to be passed off as the original to anyone who knows megoes, if that is your concern.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎