Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

At least 1 of my 2 Teen Titans sets are out in the mailbox. I think the mailman left the wrong key b/c I tried for about 10 minutes. Doh.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I finally got my first sets in from BBTS -- two Batman Retro Series 3 and one Teen Titans, with one more Titans set still pending from here (megostore?). These are the first sets that I have purchased doubles of (and the first time I purchased doubles of a full series since the DCUC Wave 16 -- I had to end the doubles practice; too expensive and too much room taken up!). I have waited a LONG time for Mego TT and I always wanted a RC Batman and Batgirl as a kid, but never had either. As these were selling out at places, it was just easier to get a second Batman set as opposed to just those two.

I am very pleased after a very quick look at the Batman figures. Outside of Batgirl's boots and unmanaged hair, they look great! I am worried about Batgirl's neck issues, but I will deal with it after I open a set. Alfred's head sculpt is fantastic, even if it is a tad large. I don't know about Robin's mask; it looks fragile. RC Batman is RC Batman. 'nuff said.

Teen Titans... some of the head paint apps are a little rough on Kid Flash and Aqualad (what is up with Aqualad's right eye?), but nothing terrible. I am just anal when it comes to that stuff and hate that I cannot pick them myself locally I am just glad to have them. The only time I even saw one as a kid was loose in a bin at Woolworth's and it took me years to find out that it was not my imagination and he really did exist.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
        I finally got my first sets in from BBTS -- two Batman Retro Series 3 and one Teen Titans, with one more Titans set still pending from here (megostore?). These are the first sets that I have purchased doubles of (and the first time I purchased doubles of a full series since the DCUC Wave 16 -- I had to end the doubles practice; too expensive and too much room taken up!). I have waited a LONG time for Mego TT and I always wanted a RC Batman and Batgirl as a kid, but never had either. As these were selling out at places, it was just easier to get a second Batman set as opposed to just those two.

I am very pleased after a very quick look at the Batman figures. Outside of Batgirl's boots and unmanaged hair, they look great! I am worried about Batgirl's neck issues, but I will deal with it after I open a set. Alfred's head sculpt is fantastic, even if it is a tad large. I don't know about Robin's mask; it looks fragile. RC Batman is RC Batman. 'nuff said.

Teen Titans... some of the head paint apps are a little rough on Kid Flash and Aqualad (what is up with Aqualad's right eye?), but nothing terrible. I am just anal when it comes to that stuff and hate that I cannot pick them myself locally I am just glad to have them. The only time I even saw one as a kid was loose in a bin at Woolworth's and it took me years to find out that it was not my imagination and he really did exist.
        Man Woolworth's brings back great memories, still remember standing in the checkout line in the 70s and seeing a few Duncan Batmobiles on the peg for an 'impulse' kid buy!

Comment

• Wasimhosen
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 23, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          Man Woolworth's brings back great memories, still remember standing in the checkout line in the 70s and seeing a few Duncan Batmobiles on the peg for an 'impulse' kid buy!
          The one that used to be near me always had a budgie or two flying around.

Comment

• mirrorman
            On Patrol
            • Jul 18, 2011

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
            FTC said Bats and Alfred are retired. Seems like a rash decision to me.
            Could be RC Batman is only retired in single pack form. Doesn't mean FTC can't release more in other forms ... maybe one of those limited release twin packs??

Comment

• NewForce
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 5, 2008

We sold out of series 1 after about a month on our shelves. Still have series 2 and 66 ser 1 stock. Sold out of ser 3 in 2 days!

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I noticed one clever difference FTC made with the KidFlash figure. Where Mego molded the head yellow and painted the flesh tones, FTC molded the head in flesh tones and painted the yellow on. So there are subtle differences like that which allow a collector to visually know one from the other. And that's part of what I love about these lines. They're making distinctions to discourage unscrupulous folks, but not so much that it impacts the overall look of that figure. Very tasteful.

Comment

• willykfg
                  Museum Patron
                  • Apr 24, 2010

Cotswold Collectibles still has some series 3 as well as others @ $24.99 including Alfred. I just ordered series 1 Batman cuz I missed that when it came out. http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_keySearchR.asp?strSearchWhat=ANY&strSearchType=C ontains&KeyWord=batman ....shipping is reasonable. I think I paid 7.95 for mine but still way cheaper than inflated prices elsewhere!!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎