X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Batman Series 3 and Teen Titans

Wholesale orders shipped on Tuesday & I received all of mine today. They are out there people!!
  • megonaught
    Career Member
    • Jan 29, 2008

Awesome dude.
    Thanks
    Action Jackson is his name.
    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Thanks for the update Chris!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

You bet!

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

that's so great! OMG, the Batman series 3 pics look out of this world!

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Standing alone, Alfred's head looks OK, but with the others, his noggin looks a bit large. I love the sculpt. It makes me excited for upcoming figures. Can't wait to see Hawkman, Green Lantern and Flash.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Just looking at those pictures, it is easy to see why these are selling out! I can't wait ti get my set.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
                Standing alone, Alfred's head looks OK, but with the others, his noggin looks a bit large. I love the sculpt. It makes me excited for upcoming figures. Can't wait to see Hawkman, Green Lantern and Flash.
                With Alfred, RC Batman and Batgirl standing together you think Alfred is the one with the big head? I think he looks fine, the sculpt itself seems a tad more grim and serious than the others, but I think this sculpt is more in line with Gordon and that '1970s' Batman and Robin versions that FTC has promised. I think Alfred and Gordon will end up being bridge between old and new versions.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 22, 2011

I pre-ordered mine a 2 months ago from Entertainment Earth but, my account says they are sold out. I hope this doesn't mean they aren't going to ship mine. I REALLY want these.
                  "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

I pre-ordered Batman Series 3 back in October 2013 from EE and my account is saying they are on back order. I had order Teen Titans on the same order and they show shipping in July.

-Chris

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
                      I pre-ordered Batman Series 3 back in October 2013 from EE and my account is saying they are on back order. I had order Teen Titans on the same order and they show shipping in July.

-Chris
                      Annnnnnnnnd this is the 'cost' of getting free shipping.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        With Alfred, RC Batman and Batgirl standing together you think Alfred is the one with the big head? I think he looks fine, the sculpt itself seems a tad more grim and serious than the others, but I think this sculpt is more in line with Gordon and that '1970s' Batman and Robin versions that FTC has promised. I think Alfred and Gordon will end up being bridge between old and new versions.

The Alfred head is larger than Robin's and would be larger than Batman w/o the cowl. The female heads from mego were never in proportion with the male heads. The 66 batman heads are also too large. It's not bobble head bad, but it is noticeable.

As I said, I like the sculpt on Alfred. I prefer serious or neutral faces to the smiley mego originals. Head sculpts were always the biggest problem with mego figures.

From what I've seen of Gordon, Alfred, Ras and Scarecrow, I very much like the direction FTC seems to be going with the all new figures. I'm eagerly awaiting when all the mego redo figures are out of the way and each figure is something new, either new characters or more accurate representations of the characters that were made.
                        Last edited by madmarva; Jun 28, '14, 3:41 PM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
                          The Alfred head is larger than Robin's and would be larger than Batman w/o the cowl. The female heads from mego were never in proportion with the male heads. The 66 batman heads are also too large. It's not bobble head bad, but it is noticeable.

As I said, I like the sculpt on Alfred. I prefer serious or neutral faces to the smiley mego originals. Head sculpts were always the biggest problem with mego figures.

From what I've seen of Gordon, Alfred, Ras and Scarecrow, I very much like the direction FTC seems to be going with the all new figures. I'm eagerly awaiting when all the mego redo figures are out of the way and each figure is something new, either new characters or more accurate representations of the characters that were made.
                          Alfred's head should definitely be bigger than Robin's. Just got my set in and I think Alfred's head is slightly bigger than the others, but overall I think it looks fine.
                          Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Jun 28, '14, 4:37 PM.

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

^ FTC isn't attempting to scale the figures to human proportions where a young teen's head would be smaller than a mature adults. The bodies of Alfred and Robin and Batman are all the same size. Robin and Batman's heads are virtually the same size, and I'm guessing the intent was for the Alfred head to be the same size as the other male figures.

Alfred's head is out of proportion to the other figures. It's the same issue with the Steve Austin and Battlestar Galactica figures from Bif Bang Pow.

Comment

• megomania
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              Annnnnnnnnd this is the 'cost' of getting free shipping.
                              Meh. I'm sure they'll have them. I mean, I preordered 9 months ago.

Anyways, they're available at Amok Time so I grabbed a set there. I can always unload one.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎