Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sea Ghost, Neca, Batman '66 and others at your Friendly Neighbourhood Comic Shop

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Sea Ghost, Neca, Batman '66 and others at your Friendly Neighbourhood Comic Shop

Looks like there is a tonne of ReMego product heading to the comic shops around October.

This month's Previews catalog has listings for Sea Ghost, Spider-Man set, Batman '66 Series 2, Wonder Woman, Neca Friday 13th Part 2 Jason, Scream Ghost Face, Iron Maden Mummy Eddie, and Kiss Series 6!

IMG_20140625_203156.jpg

- Marty
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Excellent! I must have missed Military Eddie. Too bad Diamond doesnt put out a digital copy of Previews :/

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Awesome that Sea Ghost made it into Previews!

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

Waiting for my Sea Ghost figures. Loved that sculpt from the day I saw the prototype.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

yeah, Sea Ghost looks awesome. Who'd of thought a sea horse would make a cool superhero logo?

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
          https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I've never heard back from Cap'n Eli productions about Sea Ghost...I thought it was set for June?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

I heard Jay on a podcast say there was a delay and it would likely be closer to Fall.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Previews is a fun magazine, but it's not really much of an indicator as to what local comic shops will stock. We have two fairly sizable comic shops in my area - one only stocks gaming product, and the other stocks second hand figures along with some newer product. But their selective based on what they think can sell. Online interests seldom translate into popular sales at comic stores since they have to typically price it higher and have a very region specific base of consumers.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Previews is a fun magazine, but it's not really much of an indicator as to what local comic shops will stock. We have two fairly sizable comic shops in my area - one only stocks gaming product, and the other stocks second hand figures along with some newer product. But their selective based on what they think can sell. Online interests seldom translate into popular sales at comic stores since they have to typically price it higher and have a very region specific base of consumers.
                    I love Previews just to have a look at all the cool stuff coming out. They really should let folks download for free, though. I could see a lot more business coming that way. I have two shops that I frequent and neither got the Batman 66 figures. But, my comic store has a new display exclusively for Retro Figures, but not sure what the criteria is for getting them in there. They have various monsters in a horror section, two Cylons in an independent section, some Happy Days figures in another section, and Sheldon from Big Bang under the counter. I know my comic store has to buy some things by the case so that can be the deciding factor on whether they get them in or not. I pre-ordered Batman 66 series 2 and the Sea Ghost but both depend on what the case sizes are (the owner wasnt there so I have to see if he wants to split a case with me).

Comment

• ubermanx
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 3, 2013

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Previews for me is an order catalog. It's my Consumers Distributing and Sears Wish Book. Every month I look at all the lovely temptations and then I tell my "local used paperback book store that also happens to carry comics, sorta but not really and not with any real effort" (LUPBSTAHTCC for short) what I want ordered in.

The fact that there is some Mego sized love is fantastic. Now we just have to hope that Diamond ships before a line is canceled as I am STILL waiting for some of the Dr Who product I preordered

- Marty

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎