Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

If you are talking pulp, The Phantom and The Shadow to go with Rocketeer, The Spirit, Doc Savage...

CCC.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      These are superb--I need to track down a set.

HB--what do you mean by retail variants? I like the High Priest, too.
      Entertainment Earth has cases up for pre-order now as well, and I believe Legends of Cthulhu was actually solicited in Previews a few months ago, so they should be available at some of your LCS too. There are no retail variants yet, though the likelihood wouldn't surprise me. There were 2 Kickstarter exclusive stretch goal figures that were only available to Kickstarter pledges: The High Priest (Cultist repaint) and Conjured Cthulhu (translucent Spawn of Cthulhu). I don't believe there are plans to offer these two again, unless they're available in the next Kickstarter. But I wouldn't look for them at retail.

There was also a limited variant idol, a translucent green version of the original prototype sculpt idol accessory that came with the Professor. This accessory apparently shipped to pledges who added a secret code word (that was given out during a Lovecraft podcast) to their final fundafull order. I believe forum member JonWes received one (saw his post w/nifty pics on another fandom forum).

Originally posted by bgiles73
      D&D would be cool but a Conan the Barbarian line would complement the pulp genre. HP Lovecraft and Robert E Howard both contributed to pulp literature. I would like something that followed the visual look of the Marvel comics classic!
      I'd love a Conan line, tho I feel one w/a retro vibe would be best served in the MOTU/80s barbarian style of figures. John Carter on the other hand, I think WARPO would be great.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Not really looking for a full set, but a Deep One and a Cthulhu would be cool...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Toy Timelord
          Banned
          • Aug 4, 2014

GC, I felt the same way, I want the monsters. Then I see the Cultist, and how cool he is, and if I want three of the four, might as well go for a set. Probably cheaper in the long run, really.

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
            GC, I felt the same way, I want the monsters. Then I see the Cultist, and how cool he is, and if I want three of the four, might as well go for a set. Probably cheaper in the long run, really.
            Or you get the set and I buy the Professor from you!
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

So what is on the video?
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                Career Member
                • Jun 18, 2007

This is the Legends of Cthulhu retro commercial created for the Kickstarter campaign and included on the vhs. It is brief but awesome!

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                  Banned
                  • Aug 4, 2014

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                  Or you get the set and I buy the Professor from you!
                  But...I knd of want the professor now....

Comment

• Falstaff13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
                    But...I knd of want the professor now....
                    Figures!
                    Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

When you've divided them all up, let me know what's left, ok?
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I finally got a set of these and I think they're terrific!
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

I only have the Deep One, I need to get around to getting the rest of these.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎