X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kerowack
    Career Member
    • Feb 27, 2008

Really cool Cthulhu toys being kick started

It's funded, but they are still taking money. I am on the fence. They are pretty sweet though......

A collectible 3.75" action figure line based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft that look identical to their 1970's/80's retro counterparts
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

I dig 'em.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Orion
      Museum Night Watchman
      • Mar 11, 2008

I really like that Professor figure. I'm not much of an HP Lovecraft guy, so I don't have any connection to the figures, but you can tell a lot of toy love went into designing this line.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Wow, I love these--bring on a shoggoth, a Ghoul, & the Dunwich Horror, too!!!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, these are awesome. Posted about them a couple of weeks ago in another thread.
          The range of characters and fiends they could potentially make is very wide.

A collectible 3.75" action figure line based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft that look identical to their 1970's/80's retro counterparts

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I love their Gabriel-like packaging. And the figures get it too. Very cool retro-like toys.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• toysrus
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 23, 2007

Awesome! If its fully funded, then I hope we see these soon.

Comment

• jonwes
                Museum Patron
                • Nov 17, 2011

I'm still hoping we get to the last stretch goal. A 12'' Cthulhu would be amazing!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

My only "gripe" is the Professor should have a copy of the Necronomicon, not a gun...
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    My only "gripe" is the Professor should have a copy of the Necronomicon, not a gun...
                    I believe the Spawn of Cthulhu figure comes with a copy of the Necronomicon, and another version of the Necronomicon comes with the next stretch goal figure - The Author (H.P. Lovecraft)! The Professor also comes with a Cthulhu idol that looks pretty nifty, according to the site.

Oh and all their swag (art print, vhs tape, coloring book, t-shirts & cup) is now available to add-on individually, just add the amounts to your pledged funds and you'll choose what items you want in Fundafull when the kickstarter ends. But jump on this because there's only a few more days left folks!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 18, 2007

The Legends of Cthulhu have arrived!

Got a 10lb box from WARPO Toys today!

Super excited to crack these open...

Not a lot in the way of padding material, but they were packed well. First thing I saw was my magnificent slushie cup.

Then, to my surprise, a big stack of carded Cultists and Deep Ones.

At the end of the Kickstarter I ordered the army builder 4-packs of each, but was under the impression the army builder packs were going to be polybagged...? Maybe I'm confusing my Kickstarter campaigns. Under that stack was my LoC t-shirt and a nice thank-you note from the guys at WARPO with all the funders' names on the back.

Then my 2 sets of figures in their own "Kickstarter 6pc Pack" cases. I picked the tier that gave u 2 sets of each figure (including stretch goal figs), one to keep carded and one to open and pla...er, display.

Nifty! But where the heck are my stretch goal figures?...

Aaah there you guys are, inside the carton with the figure sets! These figures are so cool, and I love the card art. Just perfect. And on the whole, I only saw the most minimal of shipping wear to any of my product. Well done, WARPO!

I was probably most eager to get the stretch goal figures in hand. The translucent parts are a little gimicky but cool nonetheless. For simple repaints, they're very welcome additions to the LoC line.

Think I'll be displaying my Cult of Cthulhu like this tho...

At the very bottom of the box were 2 very cool items - the hilarious LoC coloring book (this thing is so realistic and on point its nuts), and the incredibly awesome LoC 30 second commercial on VHS!

Overall, I'm so impressed with Warpo and happy to see these guys pull this off. These figures (well all of the items actually) are just fantastic and I can't wait to see more from Legends of Cthulhu. Their next project was just teased in their latest 'thank you' video and appears to be the GIANT SIZE CTHULHU figure - finally! I highly recommend everyone remotely interested pick up this product and get on board for the next Kickstarter. Until then, I'll be working on my Mountain of Madness display...

Slushie-Cthulhu right where he belongs.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                        The Legends of Cthulhu have arrived!
                        Neat! Looks like really cool toys.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                          Banned
                          • Aug 4, 2014

Those are amazing Harbingerboy!

I want the set of four, any idea when they'll be available for foot dragging shlubs like me?

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 18, 2007

They're really fun! If you're late to the party on these, Big Bad Toy Store still has both the set of 4 up for pre-order, as well as the Spawn of Cthulhu figure. Theirs should be shipping soon as well, and the prices look to be...somehow lower than WARPO's initial Kickstarter? Hmm. Well, points to the fashionably late this time, I guess. I'd probably be a little grumpy about that if I wasn't so pleased with all my new toys...and kinda itching to army build that Spawn of Cthulhu now.

I also expect some variations of wave 1, if not the entirety of wave 1, to be available as pledges and stretch goals during WARPO's next Kickstarter for the giant 12" Great Old One himself.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                              Banned
                              • Aug 4, 2014

Ok, so which figure do the cultist masks come with?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎