Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I think I'll break down for the Creech blu ray, its the only one I don't have and I don't really care for the sequels, they are MST3K fodder.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^ I kind of like "Returns..."--it's got that Monster of the Week flavor & the Marineland setting is fun. Some of the night shots are suspenseful.

I hate "...Walks Among Us", I don't know which is clunkier--the plot or the costuming/'make-up.' I'd rather watch "Mole People" lol.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Hey, Mole People has Ward Cleaver and Alfred the Butler, you really can't go wrong there. The MST episode with Returns is hilarious
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^Yeah, I don't think Wal-mart is carrying any legacy sets beyond Drac and Frank. Bummer.

Chris
          I really expected a Wolfman Legacy set, which is surprising not to see. But I guess since they had most of his appearances covered on the Frankenstein Legacy set and somewhat duplicated on the Dracula set for the ensemble sequels, I guess they felt a third legacy set would be too much duplication. Too bad. The Wolfman is one of my all time favorites. To this day, I still love the transformation sequence. Still magical to watch. Too bad Hollywood seems incapable of duplicating that kind of moment anymore. Everything is now a digital cartoon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Wolfman is my favorite too Tom. I have the previous legacy set, but I'd be tempted just to get all the Larry Talbot appearances together.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

Maybe, Wolfman and Creature Legacy sets will come next Halloween. I like the fact these are hitting stores around Halloween as well as the opening of Dracula Untold. So many times such opportunities weren't seized upon in the past. I really think the del Toro Wolfman would have fared better at the Box office in October than on Valentine's weekend.

Comment

• ubermanx
                Career Member
                • Jul 3, 2013

A shame the Blu-Ray versions only contain the original movies. I guess no one has done a restoration on them.

- Marty

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Walmart has now put Psycho and The Birds in with the Universal stuff. I guess they figure lump all classic horror movies together.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

as an aside, I just found a 4 dollar DVD at Big Lots with Karloff and Lugosi oddballs: The Walking Dead, Frankenstein 1970, Zombies on Broadway and You'll Find Out

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

as another aside, Roku has a 99 cent Halloween channel with over two hours of Castle Films Universal Monsters, and the Paul Lynde Halloween special.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Wait, they have the Castle Films digest versions of the Universal Monsters? Re-creations of the edits, or are they struck right from the old film reels? Just wondering, as I recently bought a DVD off Amazon that recreates the edits.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Oh, and sorry to ask, do you have to have a Roku box to get it, or is it something you can get with a blu ray player or online?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

I think its a Roku channel. Guessing its public domain so it might be out there elsewhere. Its called The Castle Films Universal Digest reel. 2 and a half hours long. Breaks movies down to around 8 minutes a pop.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎