Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That info is appreciated but distressing--much of my collection is MOD, which are burned discs?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

i bought these legacy sets,all six when they first came out in 2004 ,and i run them all the time here and there,and their still working
      just fine ,i also got the two universal sci-fi sets with other films like monster on the campus & tarantula ,and they to run fine,i would
      like to get the captive wild women ,and the movie the creeper .cant get enough of monsters even have the abbott and costello monster films.
      Abbott & costello meet frankenstein goes good with the frankenstein/wolfman /dracula story line.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The only problem I had with the Legacy sets was with the Wolfman set. On the old DVD player I had, the B side of the disc with "Werewolf of London" and one of the features just would not play right. It kept stopping, freezing, etc.

I got a Sony Blu Ray player, and now it plays fine. Go figure.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by tllgn
          i bought these legacy sets,all six when they first came out in 2004 ,and i run them all the time here and there,and their still working
          just fine ,i also got the two universal sci-fi sets with other films like monster on the campus & tarantula ,and they to run fine,i would
          like to get the captive wild women ,and the movie the creeper .cant get enough of monsters even have the abbott and costello monster films.
          Abbott & costello meet frankenstein goes good with the frankenstein/wolfman /dracula story line.
          I was out of breath after reading this sentence...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

It's amazing how far we've come with the video merchandising of the Universal monsters. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when the they first hit VHS and what a enormous deal that was. And then the restored scene in Frankenstein where we finally get to hear Colin Clive scream, "Now I know what it feels like to be God!" When was that? The late 80's? Early 90's? We've come a long way. Geez, I feel old.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I remember when it was a big deal when that line was restored too. I don't even want to think about how long ago that was now.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

I have the original six of these (including The Invisible Man). Has the Phantom set ever been released separately? It's all I'm missing.
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I'm reading over at UMA that new versions of the Legacy sets are showing up at Wal-Mart for $20 a piece, along with single disc releases of the main films. And apparently the all include a code for a ticket to see Dracula: Untold in theaters. Amazon shows these new versions, but the price is about $30 a pop. I'm heading to some Wal-Marts today! I never did get the Creature or Invisible Man sets!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Are these bluray or just dvd?

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

DVD only, at this point the only one of the monster sequels available on Blu is Bride of Frankenstein (hope that changes soon!)

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah,the single movies are $7.88 each. The $19.99 ones are kind of a gyp,depending on which one you get. Dracula and Frankenstein have 3 of the same movies on them. If you buy one and not the other,it's all good.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I only found the Drac and Frank singles and Legacy sets, no other monsters. And yes, these Legacy sets now contain every movie that character was in, so you do get repeats with the monster rally films, across the sets.

If anyone spots a Creature legacy set out in the wild, let me know.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                            I have the original six of these (including The Invisible Man). Has the Phantom set ever been released separately? It's all I'm missing.
                            There was no Legacy set for Phantom, which is a shame IMO. Universal could have re-released the '43 Raines version and included a version (or two) of the '25 Chaney film & its reissues/re-edits. I know the silent film is in the public domain, but Chaney's Erik is iconic and of course Uni merchandizes it to the hilt.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

my Wal-Mart had the blue ray for Mummy, Creech, Dracula and Frankenstein, and the legacy dvd sets for Drac and Franky. No dvd's of the other monsters.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I don't think Wal-mart is carrying any legacy sets beyond Drac and Frank. Bummer.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎