X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

What could have been...

So, thinking as a customizer who just stocked up on casting supplies, I was looking at my small Megos and I started thinking about the possibilities. It occured to me that Mego could have done a lot more just with what they already had, so here is what I came up with:

Arcturian head on Crew male body.

Betelgeusian head on Crew male and female body.

Megarite head on Crew male and female body.

Zaranite head on Crew male and female body.

Saurian* head on Betelgeusian or Megarite body for a civilian version.

* What they mistakenly called a Rigellian.

So that is 8 new possibilities right there, all with then existing molds.

Think I may have some fun with this...

CCC.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

How about alter egos? Aquaman head on a Captain America body...instant Steve Rogers. Shazam head on Spider-Man body for Peter Parker, etc.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

These are great ideas--looking forward to seeing some customs.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Only if Steve was part elf or Vulcan check Aquman's ears. BUT there isn't any reason that they couldn't have used one of the robin hood or astronaut head

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by jds1911a1
          Only if Steve was part elf or Vulcan check Aquman's ears. BUT there isn't any reason that they couldn't have used one of the robin hood or astronaut head
          We're talking about 3 3/4 inch customs...the pocket Aquaman doesn't have pointy ears.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

A few BR25C ideas:

Buck in his dress uniform: using the head from the Buck figure, the torso and arms from the Dr. Huer figure, and the legs from the Dr. Huer figure, just with the legs repainted white and the boots black.

Buck in Draconian Guard disguise: using Draconian Guard body and Buck head... (alas, with no helmet, but still.)

Brigadier Gordon: using the Buck body and the head from the Harry Booth figure from The Black Hole, with repainted hair to add grey highlights?

_
            Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jun 19, '14, 6:46 AM.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• LordMudd
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
              A few BR25C ideas:

Buck in his dress uniform: using the head from the Buck figure, the torso and arms from the Dr. Huer figure, and the legs from the Dr. Huer figure, just with the legs repainted white and the boots black.

DONE. Check the movie, the only notable difference between Buck and Huer was the color of the sash, Buck's was red. I swapped heads to have Buck in dress and Huer in regular whites, and repainted the sash.

Buck in Draconian Guard disguise: using Draconian Guard body and Buck head... (alas, with no helmet, but still.)

I have thought about this, but it just isn't right without the helmet. I may have an alternative now though.

Brigadier Gordon: using the Buck body and the head from the Harry Booth figure from The Black Hole, with repainted hair to add grey highlights?

Harry is to fat. Gordon's face is long and thin. I used the Harry head for my Harry Mudd figure.

I added a Star Wars style vinyl cape in white to Ardala. Never throw away old notebook binders, great source of vinyl material.

Used a Draco to make Sarek from Journey to Babel.

_
              I will probably use the Tigerman head to make a Mego Deltan crew,
              CCC.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

DONE. Check the movie, the only notable difference between Buck and Huer was the color of the sash, Buck's was red. I swapped heads to have Buck in dress and Huer in regular whites, and repainted the sash.
                The leggings were different, too. In the movie/pilot episode, Buck's dress uniform had white leggings and black boots (whereas Huer's dress uniform leggings were black.) But admittedly, the figure didn't really reflect Huer's outfit too accurately, as his jacket was longer and he wasn't wearing a sash at all.

_
                Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jun 20, '14, 4:55 PM.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

It is possible that they intended to use that for a second Buck figure and then for some reason opted to use it for Huer instead.

CCC.

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

If you scour old G.I.Joe figures it is possible to make a Buck in NASA space-suit custom by just swapping heads.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by johnmiic
                      If you scour old G.I.Joe figures it is possible to make a Buck in NASA space-suit custom by just swapping heads.
                      Using Ace or Payload?

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

Adventure Planet makes an accurate NASA astronaut figure which comes in a playset box. I got 1 at the Museum of Natural Science. Now they don't have anymore, but you could look them up on line.

CCC.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Robotix astronaut figure is pretty good and could be picked up easily on ebay, but I don't think you can take it apart like you can the GI Joe's.

Or there is a Metal-Man Astronaut. You may be able to take those apart like you would a GI Joe. I can't recall, anymore.

- Ian

[img]

Comment

• johnmiic
                            Adrift
                            • Sep 6, 2002

^^^I have to ask someone I know. He used a G.I. Joe body that had very little detail and yet was pretty similar to the costume in the film. Tho I have to say the suggestions here are pretty good.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

Will be interested to know what G.I. Joe figure it was.

- Ian

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎