Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Can't believe this post is almost three years old...

sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

^^me too. Just shows I dont give up.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

scanner arrived and I have it setup. Doing test Super8 transfers this evening. Looks pretty cool. Should work out nicely, but I have yet to deal with a completed rendering.

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

Tests and calibrations complete. Did a couple reels of Super8 late last night. Film is from my in-laws Ketchikan, Alaska circa 1972. The machine has a superior gate mechanism and allows for excellent transfer. I uploaded a 3min reel to show the results. No flicker, no warm/hot spot, great exposure.
            If you're wanting 8mm/Super8 film preserved, PM me for details.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

The film continues to do excellent. Here's me as a lil guy wandering around:

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Awesome transfer.

Message received...right back at ya...

sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

I'll have to ask my parents what they have. I know we have some on film.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

Groovy. It's one more tool in my armory....I am heck bent on getting out of my day job and entering early retirment. I am burnt out of I.T. and simply done. There is an art co-op opening soon in my town - the owner and I met last year for an Ace Frehley concert and we have been friends ever since. He has some money and is taking me under his wing. He knows the battles I struggle with and he has offered me the moon - all I gotta do is step onto the ship. Gallery/creation space, mobile device repair, 3D design/printing, now the film scanner....I get all the space I want for FREE - JUST because he wants to help me so much. I am setting up in the shop in a few months and start marketing some sales...if the art stuff goes well, over 10-12 months, I will quit my day job and begin enjoying life again.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I hope you achieve that...

Will start gathering reels...many in the basement in boxes, gotta do some cleanup...will take an inventory soon...
                      sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

^^whelp, that plan was on track until yesterday. My wife's company got bought out and they announced yesterday they are being closed. She will be losing her job by the end of the year. Decatur is already dying and this was a blow no one needed. This place was one of the few left with good pay, good insurance, good benefits. Now, she has literally nowhere to go in this town...I don't for that matter either. I hate the thought of moving away from our kids and grandbaby, but that is a very realistic possibility...this is pretty bad for us. Gonna change a lot. Dammit. I'd sure like to catch an effing break at least once in this life...
                        Maybe my plan will take off and sustain us while she finds another job...but not having insurance will be a significant problem because my wife needs it for health reasons.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by noelani72
                          ^^whelp, that plan was on track until yesterday. My wife's company got bought out and they announced yesterday they are being closed. She will be losing her job by the end of the year. Decatur is already dying and this was a blow no one needed. This place was one of the few left with good pay, good insurance, good benefits. Now, she has literally nowhere to go in this town...I don't for that matter either. I hate the thought of moving away from our kids and grandbaby, but that is a very realistic possibility...this is pretty bad for us. Gonna change a lot. Dammit. I'd sure like to catch an effing break at least once in this life...
                          Maybe my plan will take off and sustain us while she finds another job...but not having insurance will be a significant problem because my wife needs it for health reasons.
                          Sorry to hear this. I grew up in a small town in Western NY that's also dying a miserable death. No jobs, hence I moved years ago. Best of luck to you and your wife going forward.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

^^thanks. It was quite a blow to her an I.
                            After getting past the shock, I realized my plan can stay on track. I wasn't quitting my day job for at least another year, depending on sales. I am still moving forward with the film preservation and my art gallery. Hoping for a good year.
                            I have been doing lots of film lately, built a Facebook page, and bought my domain.

http://www.super8again.com

I have been performing some post production filters and color correction - wow, it is so hard to imagine these tiny 8mm film frames can look so good when they are smaller than your pinky fingernail...

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Still gathering and taking inventory...

Awesome transfers...

sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
                                27inaleon
                                • Jun 25, 2002

Transfers continue to do very well. I took some footage that I paid a competitor to do locally about four years ago and I did the same reels using my process. Did a quick side by side screen recording to give you an idea of just how superior my process is.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎