Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donkey Hoatie
    Supporter of Silliness
    • Jun 20, 2007

I agree with @Byrnes, Boba Fett was the way to go for this one. Tough call up against GI Joe. Joe is a classic, but Boba Fett was just super bad-***** looking as a figure. He's the first figure I remember being giddy with anticipation about getting.

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

G.I. Joe: Original soldier 12" - Hasbro 1964

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

had to go with Joe too. he is the most versatile and long lasting action figure ever made.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          had to go with Joe too. he is the most versatile and long lasting action figure ever made.
          literally, its 50 years old and I have several 64 ones that are still perfectly good toys today, still fully usable and not deteriorating all that much.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

The original Joe is the correct answer. He's of course, the original action figure, and he should be the first inductee.

Having said that, I never had a 12" Joe as a kid, so I had to go with Mego Batman, which was the beginning for many of my obsessions, and has provided me endless hours of joy.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

Major Matt Mason not on the list, therefore said list is deemed bogus . . . .
              My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

No Baron Karza?!?! I voted for Antron in lieu of Karza. Wonder why only this Micronaut alien and none of the others? Or Galactic Defender? Or Acroyear? Oh, well. There were some good choices on there. I would've preferred Destro over Storm Shadow, but whatever.
                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• TomStrong
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  The original Joe is the correct answer. He's of course, the original action figure, and he should be the first inductee.

Having said that, I never had a 12" Joe as a kid, so I had to go with Mego Batman, which was the beginning for many of my obsessions, and has provided me endless hours of joy.

Chris
                  I felt the same way, I never had a Joe growing up. I was too young to get in on those, I only remember the 3 3/4 joes as a kid so I had to go with mego Batman. He was a childhood favorite and memories of him are what helped get me back into megos and this site.

Comment

• Actorman
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Oct 4, 2010

How did Bigfoot get selected to represent the SMDM line and not Steve Austin?? That makes no sense. Even Oscar Goldman was a cooler figure than Bigfoot thanks to his exploding briefcase. The Steve figure was iconic!! He had a bionic eye you could look through, a bionic arm that could actually lift stuff, roll-up skin, bionic "chips" that plugged into other toys in the line, interchangeable limbs and tons of articulation. His red jogging suit even comes up as a pop culture reference from time to time. Bigfoot was only articulated at the shoulders and hips (he couldn't even turn his head!) and his only "action" feature was a chest plate that always seemed to get lost in the bottom of the toy box.

Comment

• acrovader
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2011

Yeah, Steve Austin would've been a better choice than Bigfoot.
                      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                        Alan Scott is the best GL
                        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                        I was lucky enough to catch the end of the Adventure team and later got many classic joes when I was in my 20's

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Actorman
                          How did Bigfoot get selected to represent the SMDM line and not Steve Austin??
                          The only thing that I can think of is that back in the early days of toy collecting (late 1980's), Bigfoot was considered an early "grail" piece among 70's action figures, along with the Kenner Alien, large size Boba Fett, 2nd series of Mego Star Trek aliens, etc. and is still considered special in many circles, compared to the more "average" Steve Austin figure in the line.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎