Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the best and worst megomeet for me this is a special thank you thread recap later

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

the best and worst megomeet for me this is a special thank you thread recap later

as a few people know I had car troubles getting into west Virginia fixed car there then had problems on the way home . now for the good part. everybody kept making sure I was good. the friends made there are the best. a couple special l thanks to a few people who went way above and beyond being great friends.

chuck your the best anybody could have and I feel lucky to have you as a friend and to live close to you. not only did chuck pick me up he helped me figure out how to get others to and from the meet . we usually share a room and I hope to at the next megomeet.

john michaels thank you for being a great fiend and helping me every way you could by doing deals while I was away and tracking down buyers . you would be lucky to call john l a friend

toyman chris a great guy who not only gave me some great deals but let me and chuck use his car to get a couple people I brought down with me.

chad and sean thank you for bringing them guys back to the hotel . which was a 20 minute ride each way, not close.

scott brown thank you for letting me use your car twice to pickup and drop them guys off.

to all the members who were making sure I was ok thank you I appreciate it

you would be lucky to call any of these fine gentleman friends.

the friends on here are truly the best hands down. once you go and meet these guys you will see that and have to go back every year and that's why this was the best megomeet for me which ironically I picked up the least.

the real recap will be later I have a busy week but wanted to thank these guys before too long
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

sorry forgot to add two important people
    Ray and Collete thank you for bringing freed and john to their hotel a number of times and also for bringing them to Pittsburgh to catch the train.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Glad you arrived & returned safely--it was such a pleasure meeting you.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

My pleasure meeting you I finally know the penguins identification now I can catch him . Mike

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Glad the fun of the Meet was not ruined by your car trouble. Having so many friends around like that at least helps. Glad you made it, always enjoy seeing and talking to you.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

It was great seeing you again Mike! I didn't even know you were having trouble as you always seem to be having fun.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
              70's Era Pimp
              • Sep 7, 2011

Mike....you are one hell of a guy. I know that I am happy to know you and my life is better for it. Thanks for always being such a great guy.

Comment

• durgos
                • Apr 1, 2009

Glad you made it home, Mike! Always good seeing you! Glad you had fun dispite the car issues.

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Anytime buddy, you know that. It was nothing you wouldn't have done for anyone else in the same situation. I guess MMX will be memorable, or perhaps one you can't forget. Just gonna have to make 11 more memorable. Either way, you're home safe and it's only 360 days until the next Meet.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• LadyCommand
                    • Jun 13, 2009

I'm happy we could help some and that you made it home OK. Wanted to give you extra sustenance for your wait until you got your car Monday and in the craziness right after the race forgot to get it out of the cooler :( pm me your address and I'll ship it up to you though!! Thank you again for the gummies, running the race, and the new chain. You rock man

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Class act Mike.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

the Meet wouldn't have been the same without ya bro.
                        And the car thing, yea...that's a real downer it had to happen on Meet weekend (or anytime for that matter) but we do what we do - we take care of our own.
                        Glad to help out and see ya next year!

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Mike you're a superstar, always happy to see you at the Meet, sorry about the issues with the vehicle.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• trekman101
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2009

I'm glad you finally got back home Mike
                            "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• RobTMego
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 15, 2013

Alway great to see you Mike, was very cool hanging outside the hamptons on sunday afternoon chatting, before I left, I am sorry you had to go through the stress of car trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎